• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does the Dolphin have those heavenly beds?

Dismom63

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if they were getting them during the renovation. Also I just received my confirmation it has that we reserved a Dlx. balcony room (teacher rate) and then in the special comments section it has Room Ctaegory A, Balcony A and upgraded room. What does all that mean? Just hoping the room will be nice and wondering if anyone has pictures of this type of room.
Thai is our first time at the Dolphin.
Thanks Sharon

Just give them a call to find out about that Category A info. Haven't heard of that. We are usually lucky enough to get a queen balcony deluxe. Those rooms are located in the wings of the resort. i believe the upgraded rooms have EPCOT views.

There are 2 east wings and 2 west wings. My favorite location is the inner west wing with a room facing east toward the end of the hall. It makes for a great view of EPCOT and easy access to Tubbi's and the pool via the elevator. In December we were lucky to have a room at the very end with a torret balcony (still don't know if that spelling is correct:)) We overlooked the courtyard with the clam shell fountain and had a great view of EPCOT.

As far as the heavenly beds are concerned, I could be wrong but I don't think these will be in the Dolphin. They are a trademark of "Westin" resorts and the Swan is a "Westin" resort. The Dolphin is a "Sheraton".

one of the ladies from the swan/dolphin cheerleader thread over on the CB just got back from the dolphin. she posted a picture of the tags from her bed. and she had a heavenly bed at the dolphin!

REALLY, that's very cool!! Maybe Starwood decided it would be a good idea to put these in the Dolphin too...good thinking:p!!

I think the new beds at the Dolphin are called the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper. We just stayed at a Sheraton and that is what they called them. They even had a sample bed in the lobby for people to try out!!! :D

Maggie

I called the Dolphin because I thought they were getting the sweet sleepers instead of the heavenly beds. I was pleasantly surprised to be informed they are getting HEAVENLY BEDS at the Dolphin. I don't know how this started about sweet sleepers but the person I spoke to said she never heard of them. She praised the Heavenly Beds though! Hope this helps!

We stayed in a string of Sheratons on our way across the country, and they all had the Sweet Sleepers. That is the Sheraton brand.

From the Sheraton website:
"Sheraton Sweet Sleeper(sm) Bed
In 2002 Sheraton introduced a whole new level of comfort - the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Setting a new standard for hotel beds, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is a custom designed plush top mattress set, a cozy fleece blanket, a plump duvet and five cushy pillows. See for yourself, sink into the cozy comfort of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed."

I am glad the Dolphin are getting the Heavenly Beds, though.

Aren't the Heavenly Beds down-filled? Has this affected anyone's asthma if they are allergic to feathers?

Maggie

Maggie--

I'm pretty sure that they do have a down blanket on the bed. I'm also almost positive that the pillows are a mix of down and fiberfill. Maybe you can request a non-allergic room that uses a down alternative when you book if this is a problem? Interesting question though!

Anne

Originally posted by scarlett873
one of the ladies from the swan/dolphin cheerleader thread over on the CB just got back from the dolphin. she posted a picture of the tags from her bed. and she had a heavenly bed at the dolphin!

Yep, that would be me ;)
It was a king bed, and it was the mattress itself that was a "Heavenly Bed" as you can see from the tag. The bedding was the standard Dolphin bedspread...a not-yet-renovated room. (It did not have the white/down comforter/fluffy stuff trademark Westin Heavenly Bed bedding. ) The only reason I noticed it was because on our last morning when packing (yanking suitcases on/off the unmade bed), I pulled the bottom sheet right off. When I bent down to lock the suitcase...there was the tag staring me in the face :) DH and DD thought I was insane taking a picture of a mattress tag...well they already knew I'm not sane when it comes to WDW and the Swan & Dolphin anyway ;) hehehehe
fb9e55f7.jpg

We were at the Dolphin a couple of weeks ago. We didn't have the hevenly bed in our room on the sixth floor. However, one night when returning from the Epcot/MGM boat dock we walked around to the left of the Dolphin shell fountain to enter through that side and the first floor room directly at the end of the walk way had the curtains open. I don't think anyone was staying in the room, but the light was on and I could see the king sized bed had a BIG, THICK, white duvet. Our room had to two doubles and they still had the regular bedspreads. Maybe they are starting with the first floor and working their way up.

The Dolphin needed new mattresses in many of their rooms. It is great to hear that they are replacing them where needed!

Are the new beds in the Dolphin still double beds? We've always avoided the Dolphin and gone to the Swan instead because we prefer the Swan's queen size beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter