Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

Your trip reports are so terrific-you guys have such a great time,and convey that excitement to everyone! Wish you two would go more than once a year!!!

Totally loving your TR!! That room is to die for. Love all of the photos too. You both look like you're having the best time!

Your trip reports are so terrific-you guys have such a great time,and convey that excitement to everyone! Wish you two would go more than once a year!!!

Why, Thank you so much....that's so kind.........we do enjoy every second we are there......but, we were exhausted......late nights and early mornings and being on the go all day catches up on us couch potatoes.......:D

Well, once Tom takes early retirement we plan to spend a lot more time in the States, planning a month at RPR initially.....but for now apparently his business needs come first.......really!!! I never got that memo......I`m always being told the world really does revolve around me.........:rolleyes1

I`m glad you`re enjoying reading along........:)

I'm sure schumi would if she could!

She likes warm weather better than cold

You know me so well........I abhor the cold with a passion!!! Definitely a warm weather person........

Totally loving your TR!! That room is to die for. Love all of the photos too. You both look like you're having the best time!

Thanks!!!! So glad to hear........the room was amazing and we loved it........and we really were having the best time this year again........:D

SATURDAY 1ST OCTOBER.........

Cannot believe today is October. That for us is the month we go home.......never a nice feeling, but was doubly hard as we would have to leave this room........although, the sunny side is, we get to see our boy who we have missed. He would have loved this room......but, he had been busy and if I`m honest don't think he really noticed we were gone......although he was glad when we got back safe and sound.

We had another fabulous sleep and really struggled to get out of bed this morning.....it was still dark and the only thing that moved me to get up was that shower. I could spend hours in there......literally........so after the most luxurious and long shower, I got my hair done and Skyped Kyle.......he had been having a lazy morning, but with it being Saturday had a full day of sports planned to watch on TV. He was ok. This was another year that Skype probably saved my sanity......being bale to see him and see he was doing ok was wonderful.....again, yes I know he`s an adult, but......you know.

Skype over we went up for breakfast and ate very quickly this morning......we weren't really that hungry, but I cant do rides on an empty stomach.....makes me very nauseous, so I forced down some toast and fruit with a coffee.....Tom had toast with honey and some cinnamon bun.....he enjoyed it. We chatted briefly to staff and then left for the parks. Although we had tomorrow, this was technically our last full park day, so we planned to do the highlights of the both parks and eat lunch in Mythos which we always enjoy.

We start in the Studios today and it is a glorious day again.......so beautiful and the heat has built already.......but today again, comfort comes first and I pop on the trainers instead of sandals again.......comfort first.

We always on our last visits, spend so much time just absorbing the whole atmosphere of the parks, and take notice of all the little things some people just pass by......running from ride to ride has never appealed to us in the slightest, but, it suits some folks.......not us. Today, we notice everything and although we are sad to be leaving we are not unhappy, maybe just a little thoughtful and considered. Although we took a bajillion pictures.......

Into the park and we immediately see the DM girls about to line up for photographs.......well, it would be rude not to....Tom snapped a few pics here, will only post one though

i-bkDNHDs-XL.jpg

We moved along to go on DM, always a must do ride...although if we didn't have EP I`m not sure I would spend the time queueing for it that some people do......lovely cute ride though......and we see Gru appear!! I love Gru as a character....he is so funny.......so of course we queue up to get a picture......Tom`s camera sticks, so we do get a little bit more time, and Gru is funny going "oh no" with his hands when Tom says it won`t work........eventually it does though......

i-SSJ9ZPf-XL.jpg

i-mMNL5mk-XL.jpg

i-XsDL2FR-XL.jpg

We had a fun time with Gru and as I turn to say goodbye he takes my hand to kiss it......awwww.....so I say bye and turn.....and take his scarf with me.......lol.......I soon realise and turn back and apologise while laughing...Gru is laughing too........I kinda fix his scarf and he kneels and bows to say thank you........they are amazing, they really are.......I love the interaction with all the characters at Universal.......

We wander solely around the park today, taking snaps and revelling in the heat.......

i-gWJ4zjw-XL.jpg

With the work going on for The Fast and the Furious, you can see through to where the Hogwarts Express rides along the tracks......an amazing piece of engineering......but the new ride is going to be something special......I`m not a fan of the movies at all, but I expect it to be a fabulous experience when it`s done........

i-7XKnzGv-XL.jpg

We slowly head round to Potter but first go through San Fran area and on to see Dead Man`s Wharf during the day time when you can really see how small this zone is, but so well done.........love this whole area........

i-3Ffg52q-XL.jpg

i-gFrrDhJ-XL.jpg

i-F5QW5Qp-XL.jpg

i-zwkCx2Q-XL.jpg

i-gXgsRMZ-XL.jpg

That first glance at the Potter area is always nice, and I still think back to when it was Amity, and although Potter is amazing, there was something so simplistic and joyful about the Amity area......I do miss it a little. But, no denying Potter, in both parks is just spectacular...........

i-nx4mVkM-XL.jpg

i-cnLMgBx-XL.jpg

i-rjqqbzp-XL.jpg

We love just walking in to this area.......you can hear the bricks move if you listen and you do get a tingly feeling when you see others reactions especially when it`s for the first time.....its an amazing sight.......a plethora of colours and patterns are waiting to assault your senses.........

i-vm2fCCH-XL.jpg

There are so many things to see and sense here, and yes photograph too.......although we already have hundreds from previous years, we are still compelled to take so many pictures........memories I suppose, we love to capture as many moments as we can.

i-rPq73sP-XL.jpg

i-ZvPj6KD-XL.jpg

And of course, gotta have one of the dragon fire.........

i-8qmXS8m-XL.jpg

i-hJF2xWW-XL.jpg

i-q5VGQTd-XL.jpg

Love this area!! Well, there`s not much at Universal we don't love........we go on Gringotts a couple of times and it is a fun ride.......and I love that it never makes me nauseous........

i-J9Mdn4P-XL.jpg

We get some water when we come out and would love some ice cream.....but we`re just not ready and it`s fairly early still........the ice cream is nice, but we do prefer Ben & Jerry`s........

We head into Knockturn Alley......probably our favourite area in Diagon Alley.......so dark and has a very dark and spooky persona around it.......everything is themed so well, and certainly is one of the most incredibly themed areas around.....

i-jvxZcVS-XL.jpg

i-HWMkWt7-XL.jpg

i-2FvdFm3-XL.jpg

i-xxNMLSP-XL.jpg

i-9LZFQHp-XL.jpg

You have to feel and listen to this while you stand beside it.........interesting..........

i-g7J2Rz5-XL.jpg

There is so many interesting things to buy and check out in this store.......the tees and mugs particularly are interesting and very tempting to buy, but I think we have most of them by now........my kitchen cabinets are bursting with Potter mugs and memorabilia........

i-HgPjM8C-XL.jpg

i-XQw3vSR-XL.jpg

i-J86QDjk-XL.jpg

We rather regretfully leave KA and head into see Leaky Cauldron again, not to eat as the food doesn't appeal to us at all...........

continued.......

Last edited:
Leaky Cauldron is an amazing space.........again, so well themed. As I said we never ate there, although some of the food looks ok it`s not what we go on vacation to eat......and some odd combinations for us to contemplate.......so we don't eat there, but nice enough to visit........

i-P8nmZM2-XL.jpg

i-CpMwDCm-XL.jpg

i-jjcSkv6-XL.jpg

We went towards the big cauldron in the open fire and a family ask Tom if he would kindly take a family picture of them, so of course he does, he does take a few so they can get a choice....I swear he missed his calling as a photographer........

The guy says he will take a couple of us in return, so we stand and he takes about 7 pictures.......think we had another budding photographer there too........he said he liked our camera, and then said his wife wouldn't let him get one.....lol.....seriously!!

i-96Mcrmp-XL.jpg

We thank each other and head off...........it`s fairly busy despite still being quite early for lunch, and food does look nice, well, some of it.........

Now we decide to go to "King`s Cross" and get the train over to IOA.........its so cool in here and themed very well, not really like the real one on the inside, but close enough........

i-G7fKjmw-XL.jpg

i-vDWvpx6-XL.jpg

i-NVw7d9j-XL.jpg

It is a nicely themed area, and one of the must do things is see someone in your party walk through the wall.......it looks fantastic......and of course Tom tried to capture the exact moment, but I went through it too slowly and although you can still see it slightly, it can be better......it`s a good effect though seeing someone disappear through a wall......

i-qGbZMgb-XL.jpg

We come through the other side and we`re in Platform 9 3/4..........

i-SR5Qf7v-XL.jpg

There is something so cute about the way this has been done........I wish platforms at home run as well.......but we wait till the first crowd clears then we go wait for a carriage.......

i-Q2JZgRX-XL.jpg

i-gNRw3Jb-XL.jpg

The train ride is fun..........we share a carriage with 2 couples, one are friendly, the other couple are a little different. They immediately say how often they have done this and they don't know anyone who has been more than them.......lol......I glance to the side and the other couple are rolling their eyes......I tell them that's nice and continue to talk to Tom while we enjoy the journey to Hogsmeade........

It always seems busier this side, but we get out and take some pics as always........I don't have a camera today, but Tom is in photography heaven......

i-zFTNnRw-XL.jpg

We very rarely enter Hogsmeade this way, we generally come in the other side, but today it`s the opposite.......It`s so beautiful and very photogenic of course.......

i-ffTWQQW-XL.jpg

i-N4MJxC8-XL.jpg

i-QQbwM9q-XL.jpg

i-p5WBHJv-XL.jpg

i-rm7GRqL-XL.jpg

There is so much to see and do in Hogsmeade, today we don't go round to do FJ we just do Duelling Dragons, despite wearing a dress, this is one of the best and smoothest coasters around......so fast at times, but smooth.............we do this twice and then head out of this area towards Mythos.....another gorgeous area, especially on a beautiful sunny day..........I`m sad to stop riding this today........

i-2sr4ZCC-XL.jpg

i-Mvk6ttm-XL.jpg

i-Q9K3ffc-XL.jpg

The Fire Eaters grill do great Chicken Stingers.......surprisingly spicy for a theme park.......haven't had them for a while but we liked them........only down side is no place to eat inside........

i-3sRZKgV-XL.jpg

Today it`s Mythos for lunch..........

i-w5xffkH-XL.jpg

continued in a bit.........

Last edited:
Love your trip reports! Awesome photos as well. Maybe in 2018 we will be able to do HHN. I have a conference in Orlando then! For now I have to enjoy your experience and look forward to my spring trip!

My son was afraid to go into Knockturn Alley the first time. Then, I couldn't get him out of there. LOL (And I bought my only souvenir for myself from there -- the hourglass that looks like it's filled with blood)

Love your trip reports! Awesome photos as well. Maybe in 2018 we will be able to do HHN. I have a conference in Orlando then! For now I have to enjoy your experience and look forward to my spring trip!

Always something to look forward to, however far away.......and you`re spring trip will be here before you know it.......I`m so glad enjoying still reading along.......not long to go now......:)

My son was afraid to go into Knockturn Alley the first time. Then, I couldn't get him out of there. LOL (And I bought my only souvenir for myself from there -- the hourglass that looks like it's filled with blood)

It is quite dark isn't it.........but, yes, so much fun and so well done. I think I am in awe of it every time we go in.......glad he enjoyed it though. Oh I know what you mean, that`s quite cool........:thumbsup2

I may get so far today and have to stop as Photobucket is undergoing maintenance again............

But, we head into Mythos which must be the coldest restaurant ever. The waiting area is nice and not cool at all, although one girl left claiming she was freezing......I have to admit I thought, wait till you`re actually inside eating!!! We ask how long for a table and she says around 10-15 minutes. That's ok for us on a Saturday at peak times.......it`s around midday now. We never make reservations and have always been able to eat when and where we like. I would say however if you`re going during a holiday I would consider making a booking.

So while we wait we admire the area, it is an impressive restaurant with a decent menu. The menu does change so always worth checking if you`re favourite dish is still there if you haven't been for a while. We can get almost anything off the menu, so we know we wont starve.

i-4jWQPqs-XL.jpg

i-mqDh6rG-XL.jpg

Within 10 minutes we are called through, but before we go we hear them start to tell folks it will be a 30 minute wait for tables, although the place doesn't look that busy when we go in. We get taken through to the rear of the restaurant where we can see Hulk and co out of the window. The interior is quite spectacular

i-GtrqQrz-XL.jpg

i-t9Gcnwh-XL.jpg

Some people don't like being through this side for some reason, but we don't mind where we sit........we get the same server as last year and year before.......an older guy called Robert who has been there for years, he is a real gentleman and when he walks up to our table he looks for a second and says oh I know you folks......whether he genuinely does or not I`m not sure, but it`s a nice way to greet you........

He gives us our menu`s but we tell him we know what we are having........both of us are having burgers, mine without cheese and salad instead of fries........he says he`ll be back in an instant with bread.......there was a couple beside us who one of the men had ordered Tomato soup.....not something I eat, but the smell was gorgeous......I kept looking over and hoped he hadn't noticed.....it looked so nice.......

Robert was indeed back in an instant with the bread.......it`s nice but I find it quite hard and always worry about my crowns, so I eat it carefully cutting bits off instead of biting.......

i-8gmDLwb-XL.jpg

And I get one of my lovely husband.........

i-bbQTf3S-XL.jpg

And our view of course.......I have been out there many times, usually to try and warm up after sitting for too long in the restaurant.......it is freezing after a while.

i-fvrmrwV-XL.jpg

Our food soon arrives and it does look nice.........

i-wrKT5Tk-XL.jpg

i-P2CXzz4-XL.jpg

One of the two men sat beside us who`s tomato soup I had been eying up, turned and said now that looks a good burger and smells delicious........I laughed and said how funny, I was almost inhaling your soup and hoping you didn't notice......lol.....his partner said he had seen me looking, but was far too much of a gentleman to mention .........food is just so good in there.

We did enjoy our lunch and enjoyed the company of the 2 guys who became very chatty with us after the food comment........we did have a really nice lunch and in a very nice place. We paid our check, said goodbye to our new lunch mates and headed out....by this time I was shivering as I was so cold........and Tom does think this is funny how I get so cold so quickly........maybe a little too lizard like.......lol.......

i-7jkpJZq-XL.jpg

I am so glad to be outside, back in the heat........it`s such a pretty area of course........

i-N2zwS3b-XL.jpg

Although I don't like the Poseidon thing, I do think it makes a fantastic building and will be interesting to see the changes that will happen to it eventually.........

i-dVVgFMJ-XL.jpg

i-FjpXWwM-XL.jpg

i-pzmjgKs-XL.jpg

Today we slowly amble through Zeuss, we don't go on anything we just take in the vibrancy of colours and shapes and head out towards Port of Entry first stopping down by the waterside to catch some views there......

i-Tm687Jn-XL.jpg

i-3TS826C-XL.jpg

i-x25TX4p-XL.jpg

Port of Entry is one of our favourite areas in IOA for theming.......so many people are unaware of how many little things there are to notice in this little area........if you listen above the facades you can hear so many wonderful things.......

i-QbLvRBb-XL.jpg

There is the most amazing Christmas shop here.......we love this store and spend far too much money in it.....but come Christmas time we love seeing all our purchases on our trees and around our home........but, well worth visiting....

i-BxJ3zcc-XL.jpg

i-N4CcBcL-XL.jpg

i-n9BdRg5-XL.jpg

So, yes we do succumb and buy some more decorations........I will fit them in somewhere........well I can try......oh dear.......no hope for me........

We take a few more pics before heading out back to the hotel.......

i-S5VftV4-XL.jpg

i-pC35BdJ-XL.jpg

i-LVSqtMS-XL.jpg

We do a very naughty thing and head back into the store to pick up something I forgot I wanted, one for me and one for a friend of mine who describes herself as being a very important person lol......her words not mine........she`s a lawyer who owns and runs runs a very successful legal practice and is super nice, but she hates mornings with a passion.......so this cup was for her, I just liked the minion on it, I`m very much a morning person........but she would love it......

i-XPTNcSX-XL.jpg

We go back out the rear door and take our last IOA pic for this year...........

i-KP5FZBN-XL.jpg

Seems appropriate. I always feel sad leaving the parks for the last time, I know we will be in Studios tomorrow for last HHN, but the last park day signifies the end of our trip is imminent.

We head out with our packages in hand, and walk back through the very pretty walkways back to the hotel......it literally takes minutes and is not a long walk at all. Even from the Studios side, it`s such a short walk to all the hotels......

We get back to the room, drop our packages off and think what will we do now...... it`s early in the afternoon, so we make a quick visit to Mall at Millenia. We don't take a camera today, just wander around and try not to buy anything. We do go into Tiffany to see if I could see anything I wanted for the last time........I don't. I did look hard though, but nothing sprang out at me.

So we have some chocolate Strawberries from Godiva and have our last wander around before heading back to RPR. It looked to be getting quite cloudy.

We got back to our room and I of course headed straight for the shower....I was running out of shower time now.......

I look out of the window and think there is some nasty weather coming in.......

i-SFT6tdS-XL.jpg

We go up to the Club Lounge for a couple of drinks before we walk over to Sapphire Falls........I am so glad we will be able to walk over without having to go outside as the weather is now foul.......and we are so glad we are not doing HHN in this rain.......

i-Q8z94h5-XL.jpg

We do enjoy this time in the Club Lounge, and the staff here make it so extra special.........this is one of our favourite girls, Lyanne........she was here last year too and we were so happy to see she was still here......very nice young lady......

i-bdZ2Kx5-XL.jpg

We sit for a few glasses of wine then we head over to eat in Strongwater Tavern.......hoping we get in tonight.

Last edited:
Leapin lizards! Lol one of the 'secret' reasons I book Mythos is to cool off!

More beautiful pics, can't say I'm placing the one of water that looks to be outside Mythos. Is that off the bridge near entry?

Looking @ this pic of the shower, do believe you could easiy put down 2 queen mattresses. Sdo they have a stated occupancy plaque on the shower wall:upsidedow

Hmmph Poseiden one of my favs:rolleyes1:laughing: Only once per trip tho, well twice if the guide is off their game. Did they keep you out of the front row in last vingette? Don't recall them calling it off limits in the past.

Nice pic of the TM @ the lounge. I always feel for them though, those uniforms are ugly, fit is poor on everybody and they look so uncomfortable :confused3but the young lady seems to be exuding a positive attitude.

I don't even like tomato soup but the one at Mythos is so good we get it everytime!

The bread was hard last time we went too it was basically all crust. Josh's gluten free brwad was actually much softer and tasted better.

Love the view out the back and the interior too!

Leapin lizards! Lol one of the 'secret' reasons I book Mythos is to cool off!

More beautiful pics, can't say I'm placing the one of water that looks to be outside Mythos. Is that off the bridge near entry?

Looking @ this pic of the shower, do believe you could easiy put down 2 queen mattresses. Sdo they have a stated occupancy plaque on the shower wall:upsidedow

Hmmph Poseiden one of my favs:rolleyes1:laughing: Only once per trip tho, well twice if the guide is off their game. Did they keep you out of the front row in last vingette? Don't recall them calling it off limits in the past.

Nice pic of the TM @ the lounge. I always feel for them though, those uniforms are ugly, fit is poor on everybody and they look so uncomfortable :confused3but the young lady seems to be exuding a positive attitude.

Yep, the first water picture is to the side of Mythos, second one is from the water directly down from POE

Well, someone's got to like Poseidon Keisha......:rotfl:I can't remember where we were, I was so bored........although the water vortex was quite cool.........think they could make something amazing out of that building. Watch this space I think. Oh you absolutely could fit at least 2 Queen mattresses in that shower easily........

Those outfits aren't the most flattering, I wonder when they do the refurb if they'll change the look of the staff too........I hope so. Lyanne is absolutely someone who has a fabulous attitude towards life and to guests.....she is exactly what an employer would dream of for an employee to be. Super nice girl :thumbsup2

I don't even like tomato soup but the one at Mythos is so good we get it everytime!

The bread was hard last time we went too it was basically all crust. Josh's gluten free brwad was actually much softer and tasted better.

Love the view out the back and the interior too!

Everyone raves about that tomato soup..........I never thought to ask for gluten free bread as it might be softer........nice idea though!

Yep, lovely restaurant and view.........

I always get the tomatoe soup even when it is in the 90's outside

My standby starter at Mythos

Well it's the one place we have not dined together

:wave2:

Lol........well, when we do get around to eating there together.......expect lots of me inhaling the smell of the soup.......may look silly, but I won't care......it was a delicious aroma..........:D

Everyone raves about that tomato soup..........I never thought to ask for gluten free bread as it might be softer........nice idea though!

Yep, lovely restaurant and view.........
The best way to describe the soup I think is that it tastes kind of like a cheesy sauce which is very plesant for dunking bread in.

Hmm I'm picky re tomato soup, may have to give mythos's a whirl. Re-tried the blueberry crusted pork last visit, still didn't like it lol. Always get the risotto but it was an odd combo that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!