• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does booking a Fantasmic Dinner Package...

Parkhopper

Disney Collector
guarantee us a seat without waiting in any line? In the old days, you received a voucher to be used for seating in a special area. Then a friend went a few years ago and told me that the dinner package just allowed them in earlier than the general public.

Can anyone clarify exactly what the package entitles you to?

Thanks,

Suzi

When we went last March and ate at the Hollywood & Vine for the Fantasmic Package . We got to enter through a special entry but there were already alot of people already seated inside and we just seated ourselves , no special section for the people that did the Fantasmic package to sit , just sit anywhere you could find a spot . Hope this helps :)

We were there last week and got the voucher which allowed us to seat on a reserved section (not specific seats) and we were told repeatedly that the voucher did not guarantee us a seat and were adviced to arrive no later than an hour before the show. Might be different for other times of year when show is not on limited schedule.

Thank you both for the information. It sounds like you still need to be there quite a bit of time before the show...even with the Dinner Package.

Suzi

So what exactly is the point in booking the Fantasmic DInner package if you still have to be there an hour early to get a seat for the show?? Seems totally pointless if thats the case.

When we were there in may last year. We had a separat entrance that led to the last section to the far right that was reserved for Fantasmic dinner packages. Its absolutely not the best spot but atleast you dont have to arrive hours before if its lots of people in the park.

unless it's returned, there is no more special entry for the FDP.

it's seating in a reserved section, not reserved seating. you are not guaranteed a seat and they do open up the section to everyone shortly before the show.

Guests have always been advised to show up at least 30 minutes prior to showtime. The perk was sitting as opposed to standing.

So what exactly is the point in booking the Fantasmic DInner package if you still have to be there an hour early to get a seat for the show?? Seems totally pointless if thats the case.

So you only wait an hour before instead of 2 hrs before.:rotfl2:

Originally Posted by Medic589

I was upset and asking same question and even talked to manager at restaurant and that's when I was told that due to the show's schedule reduction people were lining up hours before (up to 3 hours) and seats were gone fast. I wish the CM would had told me this over the phone when I made my ADR or I would not had bothered but since we were already there and seated I quit complaining and made the best of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter