Does anyone use Ameriprise through Costco?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
We just got a quote for home owners insurance with Ameriprise through Costco. The rate is $600 less a year than what we're paying now. It's completely shocking. Does anyone use them and what do you think?

We do not use them but my old neighbor did and she LOVED them and just gushed about how wonderful they were. She had been with them for years. We are executive members but her insurance rate was more than what we were paying (and our house would have been valued higher than hers) so I've never checked into them. We have since moved and I've considered getting a quote. Just not gone through the steps to do so. Plus, our rate is so low. I can't imagine anyone being less.

We use Ameriprise (though not through Costco), for both our car and our condo. We have
had them for a long time (dont remember exactly how long, but probably about 15 years).

We have never had a claim on our condo policy (homeowners), but have had 3 claims on our auto policy over the years, one in 2013 (I was rearended) and two about 7 years ago (someone keyed our car twice in 6 weeks :confused3, along with the other cars in our parking lot).

The service was prompt and polite, taking care of the claims with no problems and no increases. In fact our rates even went down after the recent accident. :cool1:

Yes, I switched to them from Safeco. My rate with Safeco went from $450 to $750 a year, I switched to Ameriprise through Costco and it got back down to about $450. I haven't had to make any claims but I'm tired of my rates going up.

Thanks for this mention. With house and cars I pay almost $7000 a year. We've been with the same company for 30 years; it's good insurance. But I've never compared it to anything else. I'm a big fan of Costco. I think I might see what someone else would charge.

I did get a quote from Liberty Mutual, but we didn't go with them as they were not that highly rated. I checked out Clark Howard article on insurance. I have to see where they fit on those listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter