Does anyone know the 180 Aussie dancers invading HoJo's September

lovintheland

Mouseketeer
Hi, still desperately trying to book HoJo's for September and keep emailing them almost daily hoping for cancellations. DH rang the other day and was told they have 180 people from Aussie dance groups booked in and that's why they are fully booked. They said the groups won't confirm bookings until about 8 weeks out. Surely someone will cancel?????????? Do any of my dear Dis friends know of any of these said dancers? and whether they might not go through with their trip????????? :sad2:

Wish I could help...what is the HoJo rate and are you looking for a back-up? You could always book in somewhere else and then cancel if HoJo has room? 8 weeks should more than fit into the standard cancellation policy for most, if not all, US hotels.

lovintheland, I don't think you should worry, to be honest. The dance groups would have booked the absolute maximum that they thought they could possibly get to come. Even anyone that had showed the slightest interest probably had a room booked for them just to be on the safe side. When it comes down to 8 weeks before and they actually have to hand over money I think that a fair few will probably not end up going.

I think you should be ok with getting a room at the Hojo. Maybe just book somewhere else for your own piece of mind and then swap the booking over to Hojo when the room becomes available.

xxx

Even if they end up not using all the rooms they have booked...do you really want to be there the same time as all of them???

I know the Pop Warner time makes the All Stars and Pop Century resorts less that desirable with the noise and carry on by the cheer leaders.

I know it's not my daughter's dance school, not that that helps LOL. There was talk earlier this year of our girls dancing at one of the Asian DLRs...I'm hoping that doesn't happen as how much would it COST?!

we were part of a large dance group in july 2008, you wont know the kids are there, they are up at 6am and dont return until the parks are closing. They were that busy and excited about preforming in disneyland. Thay also try and keep all the dance groups in the same buildings away from regular guest.

Yes I'm not worried at all about them being there, just hope to be there with them. Last year when we were staying there there was a dance group from Sydney there and occassionaly we saw a few of the girls at the pool and spa but they seemed to be out and about most of their stay.

We have Tropicanna booked as a back up as we have stayed there before but really love the HoJo pool area , oh and the beds!!!!!!! On the plus side Tropicanna is nice and close.

We stayed at HOJOs with a dance troupe last year, there were several other dance studios there at the same time. They all book through a company called dance around the world, I wouldn't hold out for cancellations, we had to pay well before 8 weeks out and we had invested a lot of time and money- fundraising, endless rehearsals, new costumes etc. It was over 2 years in the making- needless to say, no one cancelled.

Hope you enjoy your stay all the same...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter