Do your kids care about Pandora?

cruiser21

DIS Veteran
My kids are 12 and 14 and their asking "whats Avatar and what's Pandora". I don't remember what year the movie came out, but it seems like it's been a while. I can't imagine that many kids care about this movie. Is Disney planning another Avatar movie that will get kids and the younger generation interested in this new Land. On the other hand my kids can't wait for Nintendo Land to open at Universal. They may be old teens or maybe even adults when it opens, but they've grown up with Nintendo so it will always be special to them.

Movie came out in 2009. Disney doesn't own avatar. Yes there are 3 more avatar movies planned.

Nintendo hasn't been officially announced for Universal yet at least in terms of what is coming.

Movie came out in 2009. Disney doesn't own avatar. Yes there are 3 more avatar movies planned.

Nintendo hasn't been officially announced for Universal yet at least in terms of what is coming.
Yes there was an announcement made in November. My question was are your kids interested in Avatar?

Yes there was an announcement made in November. My question was are your kids interested in Avatar?
Yes an announcement that Nintendo was coming to universal. They didn't say what it would be or when.

I don't have kids but I'm very excited for avatar. I personally don't believe you have to like a movie in order to like a land or attraction.

Yes an announcement that Nintendo was coming to universal. They didn't say what it would be or when.
There was an announcement that it is coming to Orlando, Japan and Hollywood this came out in November. I don't know when it will be completed like I said my kids may be adults by the time it's through. Disney doesn't give a lot of details with new stuff either, but if Disney was building I'd probably have grandchildren by the time it was done. Universal seems to be much faster at adding new attractions.

There was an announcement that it is coming to Orlando, Japan and Hollywood this came out in November. I don't know when it will be completed like I said my kids may be adults by the time it's through. Disney doesn't give a lot of details with new stuff either, but if Disney was building I'd probably have grandchildren by the time it was done. Universal seems to be much faster at adding new attractions.
Yes that announcement was mainly for Japan. They released concept art for what Japan's version would look like. We don't know what Orlando's will be like exactly.

Yes that announcement was mainly for Japan. They released concept art for what Japan's version would look like. We don't know what Orlando's will be like exactly.
I get that, but it is coming. They just announced it 6 weeks ago I'm sure I'm sure will get more details in the next year.

Yes. We own the movie and rewatch it periodically. They are super excited to see Pandora come to life. 19 yo dd, 11yo ds, and 9 yo dd -- all of them like the movie.

My 12 year old daughter has no idea what Pandora is, which shows how little cultural impact the movie had on her - as opposed to the Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Marvel universes, which she absolutely loves.

Any new ride or attraction at WDW is a good thing, so I'm sure we'll explore it, but it won't be anything more than a new land that has blue people and flying dinosaurs(?) in it.

Avatar is one of my husband's favorite movies and he watches it a couple times a year. Our girls (9 & 11) are familiar with it. They are excited about seeing the "glowing plants" and hoping to see some of the animals. The Banshee/Akhan ride is the element we are anticipating the most. We love Soarin' and expect the new ride to be similar.

My teenager is cynical about James Cameron but is excited about new rides.

My younger two think it "looks pretty" and are also excited about new things at Disney. (10 year old: "Really I am waiting for the Star Wars stuff but this will be nice too.")

No. My kids don't care about Pandora and neither do I. They are 10 and 13 and they've seen Avatar a few times.

We will definitely go see it once the land is open though. I hope it's awesome!

None of the kids in my life know what Pandora is or are excited by a world of it but at the same time they don't know Song of the South but still love Splash and they have never seen the Mummy but still like the ride at Universal. Heck one of them has no interest what so ever in Harry Potter but still enjoyed the areas at Universal. I think as long as the space is well themed and the rides don't require previous knowledge of the movies then you don't need to like or even know them to enjoy the space and attractions.

My kids 16 ~17 for sure they want to go but know is more a question when can they go school part time job. I m hoping they will 3 able to apply Disney job be there for whole summer: )

No, my kids don't really care. Any interest they may have is from all of the marketing they saw on our trip in June(we were there like the week before it opened) or the various Vlogs they saw on Youtube. They've never seen the movie. Heck *I* just watched the movie a few months ago because DH was interested in it and "needed" me to see it :rotfl:
It looks neat, but I can think of other lands I would have liked to see more.

It seems like maybe Cameron should have paid Disney (instead of Disney paying him as I assume) to use his IP since I bet a lot of people are watching it for the first time just to prepare for their Disney visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter