Delete Thread

Yay, you still have Il Mulino on there :thumbsup2 Don't cancel that! I do hope CV is running when you go so you guys can go again. I just read a review from someone who recently did the Marceline tour and it looks so good, even though we've done KTTK Marceline looks different enough that we'd still enjoy it. I'm considering booking that for our next adults only trip :scratchin

Yay, you still have Il Mulino on there :thumbsup2 Don't cancel that! I do hope CV is running when you go so you guys can go again. I just read a review from someone who recently did the Marceline tour and it looks so good, even though we've done KTTK Marceline looks different enough that we'd still enjoy it. I'm considering booking that for our next adults only trip :scratchin
We haven't made any actual changes yet but we're considering doing Bice at Universal instead of Il Mulino :oops:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh you have so much more planned for May than I do. I need to get on it! Now that we're back from our December trip, I can put more focus on it. Speaking of December trips, I'm heading over to your TR now! I've been working on mine today and I'm sick of myself, lol! I need to read about someone else's adventures!

Oh my gosh you have so much more planned for May than I do. I need to get on it! Now that we're back from our December trip, I can put more focus on it. Speaking of December trips, I'm heading over to your TR now! I've been working on mine today and I'm sick of myself, lol! I need to read about someone else's adventures!
I don't know if that's true because I'm going to change half the reservations :scratchin I'm going to check out your TR too! And I followed you on instagram!

Last edited:
Seems like things are coming together but from reading your other reports, I expect changes in the future! Lol.

Crystal Palace is one of our favorites and we return there almost every trip for breakfast. I almost planned for dinner for this June but ended up switching back to breakfast.

Oh and the Red Velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls was a big disappointment to me. I mean it was fine, but not very traditional red velvety to me. I was really looking forward to it and it just didn't do it for me, and I'm a HUGE red velvet fan. I ended up getting a (seasonal) pink lemonade cupcake, too, because I'm also a big lemonade fan and it was ah-mazing! Basically tied for the best cupcake on property with BOG's strawberry cupcake, for me!

Apparently there are some at the Contemporary at Contempo Cafe that I'm going to try in June, though!

Listen, if you end up not liking Bice, I'm going to give you a big fat "I told you so"!!!
:D :hug:
Happy New Year!!

It also means I'm running out of The Good Place gifs, but I said in the beginning of this PTR I would put them in every post. Luckily it comes back from hiatus soon so I'll have more gifs soon. :laughing:

Do you think that they might not come back from hiatus?? :scared1:

Day 1-D-Luxe Burger, Club Villain (if it's running), Roaring Fork or Territory Lounge if it isn't.

Still crossing my fingers for Club Villain!! I hope they announce this soon.

The Marceline tour looks really fun, but I just keep thinking about how much trouble we had getting up and getting to EMM this last trip. (You'll hear about that in my TR eventually). I'm also not really a "tour person".

I think it's a good thing that you canceled this. It'll give you more wiggle room.

When I think birthday I think CRT, but honestly I'm not impressed with the menu and I find face character interactions kind of awkward (especially because Josh doesn't participate in those with me). I really want to eat in the castle, but that factor didn't win out for me. I do really want to do it in the future though on a girls trip.

We'll do it when we go and we'll be awkward with the face characters together! :laughing:

I love the idea of fireworks and of @DexLabDeeDee stalking me during dinner, but that wasn't enough to persuade me to keep that ADR either.

I'm shocked...shocked I tell you!...that the thought of me stalking you during dinner doesn't hold out over the food and the price! :sad2:

I'm still not sure what day we're going to go anyway...so you probably made a good choice. I guess...

I love Winnie the Pooh, and I have since I was a baby.

Me too! I would always ask to rent The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh when I was a toddler. It was still too expensive at that time to own your own videos. And we had a betamax. Aaaand that is how old I am...

I've also come up with what I call a "realistic" list of places to get snacks.
Ample Hills

<snicker>

Not only do I get to meet @DexLabDeeDee in May, but I may get to meet @chunkymonkey too if my dates get approved!

tomdancing.gif

Holla!!!!! I can write a note to your HR lady about the importance of you getting your first pick. She'd listen to me, right??

I also haven't mentioned this much because the focus right now is on planning for May, but we are planning to do another September trip this year for Halloween festivities, and I've started thinking about that. Josh threw the idea out there of going for a shorter amount of time (he's mostly interested in HHN), but with HHN, Volcano Bay, Avatarland, MNSSHP, and Food & Wine it would be a really packed few days. I then threw out the idea of an even longer trip and he also seemed on board with that :rotfl:

Haha! Only you could turn a short trip into an even longer one!

One thing I would have to do is figure out something with my work. I'll have a comp day so I can do a 10 day trip, but they gave me a hard time about leaving on Thursday this year when I wanted to, and for the cruise I would have to leave on Thursday.

Why would you have to leave on a Thursday? Are you thinking DCL or some other cruise line?

It has to! I have an app that tells you when the next episode of a show is, and there's one scheduled. I just don't know how many they have left or if it'll be renewed after that.

Whew! At least we have one more episode! Though it'll be interesting to see if they pick it up for another season. Depending on how they wrap up this season, there may not be more places to take the story.

Haha aw you're welcome to stalk me at our new lunch/dinner.

Fine. But it's not the same when you're inviting me to stalk you. It should be my creepy idea!

I think they had a tv show when I was a kid. I remember vividly crying when Tigger loses his stripes and I thought the others were being mean to him.:rotfl:

Awwww. Cute!!

Here's a note from a professional saying I can't go to work that week.
A professional what?
A professional Disney trip taker :rotfl:

I can write it as a doctor's note. If you think that would work better. Dr. Jenna, DDE (Disney Doctor Extraordinaire)

We would do DCL and the 3 day ones leave Friday morning.

Gotcha. You'd definitely want to get there on Thurs. Obviously it's not ideal but maybe if you left immediately from work and came in really late? Assuming that you can't get them to allow you off on a Thursday.

Here's what I have learned from reading this today...I need to make some plans for May!! :scared::scared::scared:

Even though you've already made changes, and may end up making more, it still feels like a plan! My mother-in-law is telling me that she probably won't want to go anywhere after like, 7:30pm???? I'm sure once she's there she'll change her tune. It has me nervous. We land early on arrival day (fly out at 6am our time, arrive by 11:30am eastern time, with a very short layover in Atlanta), so I'm hoping she'll see AKL and be excited, and I can take her to a park. I'M planning to go somewhere that day at least!

I am forcing her to see Wishes one night, and I have which day we're doing which park mostly picked out...I need to go make a spreadsheet and get myself together!

The long break has me nervous about them picking it up or ordering more. And that's another thing I don't know how many episodes this season has. A lot of shows have like 12 episodes and if they do good the network will order more, but I haven't heard anything about The Good Place. Some shows are just 12 episodes a season though too. I think they might try a cliffhanger, but it's always so unsatisfying when a show gets canceled on a cliffhanger.

I guesss just pretend I never asked.

It might work if she looks at it real quick she might think you're a real doctor. :rotfl:

Yeah. I've thought of that too, but the latest SW flights I've seen are still earlier than I leave work, and they get in after midnight. I could check out some other airlines as we got closer, but last September I was contemplating leaving Thursday night if we did the long weekend and I could not find any flights that I would be able to work till 6 then still get there in time. Maybe with more warning this year Thursday wouldn't be a problem since we have a manager of our own now. It really shouldn't be if they know ahead of time we're supposed to be able to use our comp days when we want to. Last year's scenario was just weird.

Yes!

My first plan was very last minute because we were still planning December until the last minute and it was so weird to decide ADRs when I wasn't even satisfied with the December plan yet. I think that's crazy for her to assume before she even goes that she won't want to be out after 7:30! I bet she'll change her mind when she sees one of the night shows or something. I mean she can't expect you to miss the night shows, or doing anything at night.

I actually hate when we have nothing planned for a night, because I think it's such a waste. Especially when it can be so hot during the day, (and especially during the time I was sick) after the sun went down was my favorite part of those days. I've even told Josh one trip while it's hot we should just go out at night :rotfl: Most things in Disney aren't that late anyway (I've never been when there were super late park hours besides when we head to the parties and DS starts shutting down before midnight).

I don't think I asked you this before but what are your trip dates? I did just look at your countdown and I think that puts you at around the 13th. Boo we'll already be gone. :sad2:

But you should go to the park still! And make her see Wishes! I think she'll come around to staying out late once she sees how awesome the shows are.

We'll be there 4/30 - 5/6 at AKL. I see that my countdown says "three months and thirty days" now and it freaks me out, lol!

I really think she'll totally come around once we're there. She is only 60, not 160, and she's active and in decent health...there is no reason for her to be acting like an old lady! We did talk about the trip on Christmas Eve, and you should have seen her eyes light up when I told her we were going to Akershus for breakfast and she'd be meeting Belle in the gold dress. She's been asking about what shoes to wear, and talking about what to pack, so she's warming up. She can just be wishy washy, and that makes things stressful for me.

I did already tell her that I'll go out on my own if she doesn't want to...and my husband basically told her, "we're paying for this, you're seeing Wishes or else" but in a nicer way. I may try to do the dessert party for Wishes, it might make her feel more comfortable away from the crowds a little bit.

And I totally agree about booking May ADRs while working on December plans! I only made three - BOG dinner, Akershus breakfast, and Boma breakfast...she loooves breakfast and loves Beauty and the Beast, so those were must dos. Otherwise we're going to wing it with food...luckily, staying at AKL gives us so many good options right at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!