Do you share your QS meal?

Do you tend to share a QS/CS meal between two adults?

• All the time

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Nearly all the time

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Half the time

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Hardly ever

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Never

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
I've found that we eat more while at WDW. Walking 8+ miles a day (yes, that's correct), I need more food to fuel that level of activity day after day. I started out eating like usual, but soon found I needed to add intake. After 10 days at WDW and feeling like I'd splurged with ice cream and desserts at meals, I'd lost 1 pound. It was unexpected.

For nutrition/health reasons we rarely eat QS meals but when we do sharing is often the way we go, making it more of a snack.
Our can't miss QS places are:

Katsuri Grill
Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Sommerfest
Capt. Cook
ABC Commissary

No, we hardly ever share. I don't think most of the QS meal portions are any different than a fast food restaurant at home and we definitely aren't splitting a ChickFilA sandwich and fries between us ;)

Admittedly some portions are larger - like the platters at Tangierine or Flame Tree - but he eats his and then eats the rest of mine. I can't always finish my salad at Satuli but he thinks the bowl size is small and will happily finish mine off.

We also try to not snack much at the parks; I calorie count and that's a surefire way for me to blow my diet. If I eat a decent, well portioned size lunch then I don't find myself reaching for a Mickey bar or eggroll later on in the day. Works for us!

We often share, at least half the time. Keeps us moving, and we get a chance to try more places!

My husband and I rarely share, but will occasionally. The problem is that he's 6'5" and I'm only 5'4" (both at a healthy weight) and he literally needs to eat twice as many calories as me so it doesn't work well for us to share. If we happen to not be terribly hungry, we will share. I got a lot of kid's meals at quick service locations last time. We shared an entree at a couple of table service restaurants but also added on cups of soup, etc so it was a bit different than really splitting a meal. We aren't big snackers at WDW so we generally ate a quick service breakfast and lunch, and a table service dinner. I suppose if we wanted snacks during the day we could easily share a lot of meals.

My DH is the same height and I am 5'3" so he also eats way more than me. We will sometimes share though, depending on how hungry he is, and if we want the same thing. It also depends on where we are eating. FOr us, Cosmic Rays or Flame Tree are shareable. Backlot Express is not. Be our guest breakfast or lunch is a shareable meal for my family.

OP- I would look at your TS choices and see if any of those meals are shareable. IN my family the ladies sometimes will share an entree. We do sometimes order appetizers for the table though so that makes a difference.

YOu can also look at sharing CS meals but supplementing them with soem filling snack options. If it is hot, a huge lunch or big breakfast would nto work for us, but we do like to have three meals. We share a lunch and have a snack later in the afternoon, or will have a snack for breakfast and lunch later.

Thank you so much everyone! This is really useful, we are the sort that can eat as much or as little as there is really. We track our food intake day-to-day but on holiday we usually go a bit wild.

Our TS choices currently are: Sanaa, 50's Prime Time, Ohana, Liberty Tree and La Hacienda so if I exchanged two of these for a signature I think it would be Ohana and Liberty Tree for one of the steakhouses (probably Yachtsman), then have a more snack oriented day on the one where we had no TS booking.

We couldn't share a meal. DH might give me some extra fries or if I don't finish my entree he might finish it but that's it. If we were to share one dish that would just mean we're going to have to stop some place else sooner than normal to get something else. We do share snacks though.

We don't share and we aren't huge eaters. After walking miles and being active for 12-14+++ hours in a day I'm starving and want all of my food.

My guys don't really eat breakfast so by 11 am we eat QS and they eat a meal plus an extra side or two. DD13 eats breakfast but is pretty hungry by lunch time since a Disney trip is so active. She doesn't get extra sides but she eats her entire meal.

In one day we clocked in at 17 miles walked. We ate a lot that day. I didn't gain any weight at the end of that trip.

I'm excited at the potential of not putting any Disney weight on! Was fully expecting to gain at least 5kg!

I said hardly ever...b/c sharing from me involves my sons and spouse eating their whole meal, and me tossing my leftover fries to whomever is 1st to grab them...we don't have any food leftover ever b/c growing boys and weight-lifting spouses EAT!:)...

Now, if it's just me and my daughters, we might be able to share less meals together...but if the boys are there, it's a meal per person and nothing left...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter