Do You Like Pictures and Character Dance Battles? - Jan 2014 Parker Clan Trip Report Updated 9/15/15

KovuLover

Mouseketeer
PART 1- INTROS AND THE JOURNEY FROM DOWN BELOW (Well, you know!)

Hello Everyone!
First off, this is my first real post EVER to the Dis! (Please take it easy on me, haha! :yay:)

My family's vacation was over a year ago and I did not take notes as the days went on, but I will do my best to give an accurate and detailed account of our trip. I did not take notes, but I did take pictures like a madwoman so I will let those speak for themselves as much as possible! We also had Photopass and had every photo added to our account, so I will add those as well! In total when I arrived back home and uploaded all of my photos, I had over 3,000 on my camera alone. I'm sure everyone that has been to Disney can attest to the fact that everything in the parks and resorts are worthy of a photo.

To start off, introductions!

My family consists of my mother (Doreen), my father (David), my sister (Katie) and myself (Kristen). A family of generational alliterations, cute right? My sister's boyfriend Sean also accompanied us on our trip. Here is a picture of the five of us mid-trip in Disney (I didn't have a photo of the 5 of us before we went to Disney together, oops!)

The order goes: Sean, Katie, Doreen (henceforth known as Mom), David (henceforth known as Dad) and myself!

DSCN1325_zpsu69u2veu.jpg

And I also thought that I would add in this little guy for which I chose my user name. May I introduce the world to my Kovu! I grew up with The Lion King 2 as my favorite Disney movie (not that I don't like the original, don't get me wrong) and I still believe to this day I could sing every word to every TLK2 movie song from memory. When I adopted Kovu from a shelter, I knew that he was going to be my little lion man for life and the name was destined to be his. This photo was taken when I was packing for our trip and he knew what the suitcases meant. Unfortunately I couldn't take him with me, but he certainly tried! :rotfl2:

11739674_10154055608706040_1520758249_n_zpsdgqnkpmk.jpg

I'm from Massachusetts (can you tell by how pale my family is in the photo?), and the Friday morning we were scheduled to leave there was a BLIZZARD hitting the area. We were all in a state of panic, wondering if we would miss days of planned dinning, activities, and attractions. As the forecast kept telling us the worst would be Friday and Saturday, our hopes dwindled. We thought that all hope was lost when we received an email from JetBlue on Wednesday that due to the storms, they were allowing anyone who was flying on Friday or Saturday to change their flight to Thursday at no additional cost or fees. My mom quickly looked to see what seats they had left on flights to Orlando and there were few and far between, but enough to fit the 5 of us. She quickly changed our flights to Thursday in the early afternoon and let everyone know to let their employers know that they would not be in the next day. Fortunately for us, we were all able to get the day off with no issues and we thought the worst was over.

WRONG!

The storms came in earlier than expected (yay New England's unpredictable weather) and our flight kept getting delayed and pushed out farther and farther into the afternoon/evening. The later in the evening that it kept being pushed out, the more we began to despair. Our chances of getting out worsened as time went on as the storms were getting stronger and conditions for the planes worsened. The picture below showed what it looked like outside of our terminal as we prayed to the Disney gods that we would be able to leave the snow and begin our vacation. :confused3

11721126_10154055608756040_243239304_n_zpsdq6zmalr.jpg

Our plane finally landed (arriving from Orlando) and when I say the people on board were ushered off, I mean it. I've never seen anything like it at an airport. The employees at the terminal informed us that they planned on getting everyone off, the plane cleaned, the luggage unloaded, our luggage loaded, the plane fueled, the plane de-iced, and us up into the air within 20-30 minutes. We thought that sounded INSANE, and by normal standards it was. They were not joking though, and the precision to which everything was coordinated and executed was amazing. In a very short time we were boarded on the plane and in our seats ready for takeoff. There was absolutely no waiting on the runway for our plane to take off. We turned the corner onto the runway, paused for a brief moment, and then just like that we were up into the air! :worship:

Once we were off and through the hazy snow storm on our way to paradise, we all knew we could FINALLY breathe a sigh of relief. We would need to find a hotel to stay in for the night as our check-in was not until Friday, but that didn't matter one bit. We would be there to experience everything that we had planned on and would not have to miss out on anything we had hoped to see. It was a good thing that we changed our flights we later came to find out, as the airport closed within an hour of our leaving (it was a sold out flight) and did not reopen until SUNDAY. :earseek:If we didn't get out when we did, we would have missed out on 2.5 days of our vacation! Thanks to JetBlue and my Mom's quick reservations, we were on our way to take in everything that Disney had to offer!

The pictures on this TR will be two different sizes. This is because they are from two different sharing sites but I decided to keep them this way to have a distinction between my photos and my sister's/dad's photos. My photos are the larger ones, and their photos are the smaller ones (except for the Character Dance Battle which are small because of the method in which I took the screenshots). I want to make sure that I do not take credit for their work, and keeping them the different sizes instead of moving them all to the same site makes it easy to do this!

That's all for now! Part 2 to be posted soon!

CHAPTER INDEX
PART TWO- HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
PART THREE- ARRIVAL AT MAGIC KINGDOM
PART FOUR- BIG THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER
PART FIVE- TANGLED AREA AND LUNCH!
PART SIX- WE HAVE LIFTOFF!

PART SEVEN- LET'S MOVE SOME PEOPLE!
PART EIGHT- SPLASH DOWN!
PART NINE- IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS! (PART 1)
PART TEN- IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS! (PART 2)
PART ELEVEN- EEYORE HAS MOVES, TIGGER HAS GAME, TWEEDLE DEE IS PICKING HIS NOSE?
PART TWELVE- AN END TO HS AND ONWARD TO MK!
PART THIRTEEN- THE SPECTACULAR CINDERELLA CASTLE DURING THE HOLIDAYS
PART FOURTEEN- IT'S ELECTRIC(AL)!
PART FIFTEEN- MAKE SURE YOU KNOW JUST WHAT KIND OF VACANCY YOU'RE FILLING
PART SIXTEEN- CHRISTMAS TIME AT ANIMAL KINGDOM
PART SEVENTEEN- THE TREE OF LIFE
PART EIGHTEEN- DINOLAND USA
PART NINETEEN- EXPEDITION EVEREST FROM AFAR
PART TWENTY- OUR MEETING WITH THE YETI
PART TWENTY-ONE- HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A HIPPO'S TEETH?
PART TWENTY-TWO- THE AFRICAN SAVANNA!
PART TWENTY-THREE- THE PANGANI FOREST EXPLORATION TRAIL AND MAHARAJAH JUNGLE TREK
PART TWENTY-FOUR- MICKEY'S JAMMIN' JUNGLE PARADE AND DIVINE
PART TWENTY-FIVE- OPENING CELEBRATION AT MAGIC KINGDOM!
PART TWENTY-SIX- DREAM ALONG WITH MICKEY STAGE SHOW
PART TWENTY-SEVEN- BE OUR GUEST EXTERIOR, ENTRANCE, ORDERING ROOM, AND MAIN BALLROOM
PART TWENTY-EIGHT- BE OUR GUEST WEST WING, SECOND BALLROOM, AND FOOD!
PART TWENTY-NINE- WHEN BEING STUCK ON A RIDE ISN'T NECESSARILY A BAD THING
PART THIRTY- IT'S A SMALL, SMALL WORLD!
PART THIRTY-ONE- WISHES NIGHTTIME SPECTACULAR AND MISC MK PICTURES AT NIGHT
PART THIRTY-TWO- MOVE IT! SHAKE IT! PARADE AND THE FRONTIER HOEDOWN!
PART THIRTY-THREE- SEAN'S ENCOUNTER WITH LADY TREMAINE!
PART THIRTY-FOUR- SPACE MOUNTAIN PHOTOPASS

PART THIRTY-FIVE- HAUNTED MANSION AND BUZZ LIGHTYEAR'S SPACE RANGER SPIN!
PART THIRTY-SIX- ROCK N' ROLLER COASTER AND STAR TOURS
PART THIRTY-SEVEN- INDIANA JONES EPIC STUNT SPECTACULAR!
PART THIRTY-EIGHT- FANTASMIC!

PART THIRTY-NINE- FINALLY AT EPCOT! CHRISTMAS TOPIARIES, TEST TRACK AND PLUTO!

KovuLover :simba:

Last edited:
PART 2- HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS

Hello again everyone!

Last I left off, we were on our way to the most magical place on Earth! I did not get any pictures from our non-Disney hotel stay that Thursday night, but before we knew it we were back at the airport and waiting in line to set off for our hotel. We used the Magical Express service (highly recommended!!!) for every other trip, and this one would be no exception. Luck was finally on our side as we did not have to wait for very long before a bus pulled in for the All-Star Resorts. We were the first people in line for our bus with maybe 2 other families behind us, so we grabbed the front seats on the bus to be able to have a better view of the best sign on any road anywhere in the country.

DSCN9167_zpsuo3gontj.jpg

We had stayed at the All-Star Music resort before in the past, and just the previous year (2013) we had tried their new family suites. The price was right and we didn't spend much time in our rooms anymore anyways, so it seemed to be the best fit for us for this trip. We did not request a room near the lobby as we wanted anyone who needed it to be able to have it, but we were given a room in the Calypso building which is right near the main building/lobby! (score!)

ry%3D400

We unloaded our carry on bags as quickly as we could and changed into new clothing. We still had on our winter gear from up north, and had our winter boots, jacket, gloves, scarves, hats, etc that we quickly needed to shed! We were on the 3rd and top floor of the building, so we would not have to worry about hearing anyone above us (not sure if we would have but it was great not to have to worry about it!).

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The family suite is basically just two standard rooms that are put together to create a suite. Because of this, there are two bathrooms which is really convenient for a family and was a life line for the five of us. With the small amount of time we were in the room together getting ready for our long days, having two showers was amazing. These suites consist of a master bedroom, a living room with fold out chair and couch, a small kitchenette, and 2 bathrooms. There are televisions in both the living room and the bedroom and air conditioners in both rooms as well. The kitchenette is nothing to rant about, but it had a mini fridge and plates/utensils/cups and was better than not having one. We knew what to expect when we booked a value resort, and overall we were very happy with our choice. For more pictures of the hotel, click
HERE for a post I added later on that has interior views of our room!

Once we were out of our winter clothes and into our vacation ones, we walked past the Tres Caballeros fountain in the Calypso pool and began our journey towards the Magic Kingdom!

DSCN9176_zpswyhqddzn.jpg

Last edited:
PART THREE- ARRIVAL AT MAGIC KINGDOM

We had arrived!!! :dancer:

ry%3D400

We rode the Disney bus straight through those beloved gates and into our dream world. We exited the bus, walked as calmly as we could muster to the gates, and took our first steps into the parks. The moment you step through the turnstiles (or now the Magic Band posts) and enter the park, you are truly transported into an alternate universe where nothing else matters.

ry%3D400

We wanted to make sure that we were able to see the Christmas decorations around the park as they were only going to remain up for only a few days. They were spectacular, and right in line with the Disney detail guarantee. I could create several posts full of pictures taken of the decorations as there is something to be seen everywhere you look. The magic of Disney strikes again! I've picked only a few as there is a limit of photos per post.

You can't miss the giant nutcrackers or Christmas tree when you first walk into the park! :)

DSCN9179_zps2esi8lbo.jpg

DSCN9192_zpsc6lntbt6.jpg

DSCN9180_zpsjh2xciwd.jpg

We also took time to appreciate the wreaths that hang over Main Street USA. I was told that this would be the last year that these wreaths would be on display due to the new Festival of Fantasy Parade. The new floats (and most notably Maleficent!) were going to be too tall for these decorations and there was no way to hang them higher up and make it look natural and up to par with the Disney standard. I'm going to miss them, but I'm glad I was able to see them before they were put away into storage.

DSCN9195_zpsk5q7vegb.jpg

In true Disney fashion, the theme is all encompassing. There are Mickey shaped wreaths on the lamp posts, garlands along the Main Street Train Station, and the smell and sounds of the holiday season everywhere you go! Disney really goes above and beyond to make sure that you feel like a part of the magic. Although it was January and the holidays had passed, you would never have known. It was truly special experience walking down Main Street towards the Castle while being surrounded by new sights and sounds.

DSCN9183_zpsykpmudjn.jpg

DSCN9198_zpsr5jhzfcr.jpg

DSCN9199_zpsvlwqryai.jpg

Once we had soaked in the details and had our fill of the holidays (for now!), we headed straight to our first fast pass of the trip. That's all for this post, but can you guess which ride we went on first? My Dad will give you a clue below! haha!

DSCN9206_zps86j475eh.jpg

Goodbye for now!

Hey, KovuLover! Just started reading your PTR. I love it. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I would love to go during the holidays! Looking forward to your next post!:goofy:

Hello Hello!

Thank you so much! We had an amazing time, and can't wait to go this year in October and see the Halloween decorations. Just wait until I get to the Christmas decorations at Hollywood Studios! I'll hopefully get through that tonight. Working on my next post now! :)

KovuLover
:simba:

PART FOUR- BIG THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER

Our first FP reservation was for Big Thunder Mountain, and we excitedly made our way to Frontierland. Before we knew it, we were transported back into the wild west and there it was!

DSCN0931_zpsjyu1cg3t.jpg

I could spot that mountain from anywhere! Its peak rises above all else, and draws you in. This ride was just what we needed to begin our vacation on the right foot!

Some scenery from the beginning of the wildest ride in the wilderness!

DSCN9209_zps0cx3z0qy.jpg

A quick backwards snapshot of my sister and her boyfriend as we began our ascent to the top of the mountain.

DSCN9211_zpsvvc1ri2r.jpg

My mom appreciating the view (and holding on for dear life)!

DSCN9213_zpseax63eae.jpg

What an amazing backdrop! I'm on top of the world!

DSCN0942_zpsvflg3nsb.jpg

The beginning of the descent! I think my Dad pretty much sums it up for everyone!

DSCN9215_zpspgqauaon.jpg

Up through the tunnel! What will be on the other side?

DSCN9216_zpsz1fpntwt.jpg

A dinosaur skeleton of course!

DSCN0953%20-%20Copy_zps5eltywoa.jpg

Just like that, the ride was over and we had our first ride of the vacation under our belts. The experience was going to be hard to beat, but we were more than ready to accept that challenge. A few snapshots of BTM as were exited the attraction and made our way towards what was sure to be an interstellar ride!

DSCN0960_zpsxgfmpo5n.jpg

DSCN9226_zpspdivw0jy.jpg

See you next time! :)

Last edited:

PART FIVE - TANGLED AREA AND LUNCH!

Our next FP was for Space Mountain, but we still had some time before we could use it. We decided to explore the "new to us" Tangled area before heading to lunch. We had not seen this area our previous trip, and I know I was excited to explore it. I was a bit disappointed there were no Pascals in the stream areas below Rapunzel's tower to find (and trust me, I looked very hard to find one!) but other than that tiny complaint, I was very impressed! They captured the feel of the town and everything just felt right. I wanted to break out into dance like Rapunzel did in the middle of the area it lifted my spirits so much! Way to go Disney!

Rapunzel's tower!

DSCN9238_zpsdgazwk3m.jpg

The little town square with Rapunzel's tower in the background.

DSCN9241_zpsfwezcmoo.jpg

A closeup picture of the banners and mini lanterns.

DSCN9243_zpswd611snk.jpg

The tranquil stream at the bottom of the tower. How amazing is this?

DSCN9244_zps2xpcntmm.jpg

And now my favorite part of this entire scene. MAXIMUS!!! This little hidden jem is on one of the doors at the back of the Tangled area (I believe it is a Utilidor entrance/exit). If you haven't seen him on a previous trip, keep a look out for this handsome fella on your next venture.

DSCN9248_zpsbswyydvj.jpg

Once we had seen everything we wanted to see in this part of the park, we made our way to what we believe is one of the better QS dining options: Columbia Harbour House!

DSCN0978_zpsgahyvm7x.jpg

For a quick service meal, CHH has great options that are not just the typical burgers and chicken fingers. The fish and chips option is very delicious and I personally recommend! (my Dad also ordered this and enjoyed it as well!)

ry%3D400

My sister ordered the fried shrimp plate and my mom got the Tuna "Anchors Away" Sandwich. They both loved their choices as well!

ry%3D400

MMM! (also note the delicious blueberry cobbler in the background!)

ry%3D400

The secret for CHH is to GO UPSTAIRS! There is an entire dining room right above you that most people either do not know about or don't use. There are CM upstairs to help if you need something along with utensil stations, napkin holders, and condiments for easy access. It is usually quiet up there, and it has never been an issue to find a table without having to wait at all. If you can get a seat by the windows, it becomes a great place to people watch while eating and watching the hustle and bustle going on outside.

After we had sufficiently eaten our fill, we were ready and rearing to go use our second fast pass of the day for Space Mountain!

Last edited:
PART SIX- WE HAVE LIFTOFF!

We left CHH and made our way through the Hub and entered Tomorrowland. Luckily my family (and my sister's boyfriend Sean) do not have queasy stomachs and we are able to eat and go on rides shortly after without needing to wait. Space Mountain is my absolute favorite ride, and I was on the verge of giddy as we narrowed our sights on the futuristic looking dome. This ride is certainly not my Mom's favorite ride, but she's a trooper and will go on to be with us and to use our FPs together. We all really appreciate it Mom!

DSCN9249_zps85cwnkgt.jpg

Through the FP line and on our way into outer space!

ry%3D400

Starport, your gateway to the galaxies!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As you will come to find out if you continue to read this TR, my family loves to coordinate our pictures. We are always trying to come up with a theme or something to do to "spice up" our photos. Since this was the first time riding Space Mountain, and it was also our first ride this trip with a photo offered, we decided on the tried and true classic of the thumbs up!

wdw201400335026477_6918652346_zpszipbgwb2.jpg

wdw201400335026615_6918652353_zps3um3i70h.jpg

After our ride was unfortunately over, we stepped onto the moving sidewalk and started our journey back to Earth. Along the way, we snapped photos of the robotic dog (which I loved) and the waiter robot serving what appears to be apple martinis (which my parents loved!) haha
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Now that our second FP had been used, we needed to wait some time before our third and final pass. Since we were in Tomorrowland, we decided to take a nice ride around the area in the People Mover and enjoy Cinderella's castle up close before walking over to have a wet and wild ending to our Magic Kingdom afternoon.

That's all for tonight!

PART SEVEN- LET'S MOVE SOME PEOPLE!

We exited the Space Mountain gift shop after having out pictures added to our PhotoPass and made our way over to the people mover. For anyone that is not familiar, the People Mover is a very easy moving tram ride that goes around Tomorrowland and occasionally in and out of a few rides. It's a perfect place for getting off of your feet for a moment and relaxing, while getting a bird's eye view of the area. You can see what the wait times are for other rides, what they look like from the inside (Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin) and see into one of the gift shops. We had some time to use up before Splash mountain, so we went up the escalator to the loading area and "jumped" into a car.

Since we were a group of 5 this year, on almost every ride someone was by themselves. I volunteered to sit by myself this time so my sister could be with her boyfriend and my mom with my dad. Here's a quick picture of the two of them enjoying their ride.

DSCN9263_zpskjxa73bs.jpg

The tram goes right past Space Mountain on the first pass.

DSCN9265_zpstsvrgu7l.jpg

The Astro Orbiter is up next! I was lucky enough to be riding past while the ride was in motion and was able to capture a few dynamic shots!

DSCN9268_zpsf2icwzgr.jpg

DSCN9269_zps63ncyg4z.jpg

DSCN9273_zpsmgls5dhh.jpg

Next up is my absolute favorite part of the People Mover attraction. The tram goes straight into the side of Space Mountain and continues around the perimeter of the coaster. When I was younger, I was petrified of going on Space Mountain. The darkness and fear of the unknown kept me away until I was prodded to go onto the People Mover. When I saw the tunnel of blackness coming my way, I started to panic. I had no idea that it would be going into Space Mountain but there was no way to avoid it anymore. Being able to "see" the coaster as much as you can in the darkness and hear the sounds gave me the confidence that I needed to take a leap of faith and go on it for the first time. I couldn't believe what I had been missing out on! Space Mountain has quickly become my favorite attractions, and I owe it all to the quaint little tram that takes you between the two coaster tracks and underneath these guys.

DSCN9274_zpsuezcqygn.jpg

Another path that takes you by Space Mountain after exiting the attraction.

DSCN9277_zpshzr9o1b1.jpg

As your ride comes to an end and you make your way back towards the loading area, you are given a glimpse outside of Tomorrowland at Cinderella Castle. We would be making our way there next!

DSCN9282_zpsi616lnkz.jpg

Once we disembarked the People Mover, we walked back towards the hub and the Castle that is so well known around the world. We stopped to take a few pictures and then made our way towards Splash Mountain!

DSCN9287_zpsfug23acr.jpg

Incredible detail around the clock on the front of the castle.

DSCN9288_zpsrkzkilkf.jpg

One final shot before going to get wet and wild!

DSCN9291_zpsgn8vvosl.jpg

Until next time!

I wanted to break out into dance like Rapunzel did in the middle of the area it lifted my spirits so much! Way to go Disney!

LOL!! I know the feeling. Last Sep, my neice and I (inspired by Raglan Road) broke out into river dancing in that very spot! We honestly couldn't help it :earboy2:

PART EIGHT- SPLASH DOWN!

We were so excited to be able to ride Splash Mountain this year. Splash is always closed in January for refurbishment due to the off time and colder weather, so we had missed riding this fan favorite ride for several years. It was always so close to our reach, but would close 1-2 days before we arrived. This year it was announced that the refurb would be a few days later and low and behold, the day that it closed was our first day in the World! Yippie!!! It made getting on that Thursday plane and getting to Disney on time all the more important and special.

I couldn't tell you the excitement pumping through our veins when we approached this sign and knew that we were going to be able to ride it this year!

DSCN9301_zpsi0hh2zre.jpg

In the logs and making our way around the final drop!

DSCN9304_zpsiihauzae.jpg

Onward we go! Where will we stop? Oh, we already know!

DSCN9308_zpsbfrbbu9d.jpg

Cute little houses in the trees along the path.

ry%3D400

These two guys are bittersweet for me. On a previous trip in 2007, our family was stranded underneath these very gloomy vultures for quite some time. It was at least 10 minutes before our log began moving again up the last part of your ascent to the top of the ride. I do love these little guys though, because they mean the best is yet to come!

DSCN9339_zpsusgcnnur.jpg

Next was the moment I had prepared for and had looked forward to for a LONG time. I had my rain jacket on fully zipped, my hood over my head, and my camera safely protected inside a Ziploc bag. I had asked to sit in front in order to take a picture at the top of the flume. Big mistake when it came to how drenched I was at the end of the ride, but it was worth it to get a clear shot of the amazing view that you get at the top of Splash!

DSCN9343_zpswsjongnf.jpg

You can even see the Contemporary Resort from here!

DSCN9344_zpsza60eyey.jpg

Splashing down into the briar patch!

DSCN9345_zpswfrwqkuv.jpg

After the big drop, the rabbit and I had a collective sigh of relief.

DSCN9349_zpsyqmwaimy.jpg

I wish I had a photo of myself after I got off of the ride. To say that I was soaked from head to toe is an understatement. The force of the water hitting my face knocked my hood clean off of my head and all of the water conveniently settled right in my lap. Everyone else did get wet, but it is very true that the person in the front gets the most wet!

wdw201400335053525_6918651034_zpsaowbnwi0.jpg

We had planned on getting wet on Splash like any rational people, so we made this our last FP of the day so we could leave the park to change into something dry for dinner and Hollywood Studios. It was January, and even in Florida it gets chilly! We were wet and cold, but so excited that the fates had aligned and allowed us to experience this wonderful ride!

Coming up next, the lights spectacular at Hollywood Studios!

PART NINE- IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS! (Part 1)

After we left MK, we went back to our hotel to change into something warmer for the night and also dry. Can you believe it was only halfway through our first day? It seems like time stands still in Disney World because everyone is having so much fun. We had dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe (which is a family favorite!) I can add photos of our meals if anyone is interested, but I really wanted to add a post about the Osborne Lights! We love having the decorations still up when we go, even though the holidays are over. Christmas is my favorite time of the year, and having the lights and music still going strong just extends the happiness. :love:

As we entered the back streets of Hollywood Studios, there was a PhotoPass photographer and we happily waited in line to have a family picture taken. Thank goodness we had our winter jackets from the wintry New England weather back home! They sure came in handy that night, and it would not be the last time before we left!

A video of the AMAZING lights is
HERE! :) The song is "Carol of the Bells" and the end where all of the lights are going is just superb. Well worth the watch!

DSCN9374_zpstxchigce.jpg

wdw201400435127209_6918807165_zpsso6crjl2.jpg

wdw201400435128992_6918823947_zpshpx1ked8.jpg

wdw201400435128996_6918791838_zpsgm0v1zo1.jpg

Get ready for a photo explosion of epic proportions! :)

ry%3D400

DSCN9378_zps2jrysami.jpg

DSCN9381_zpsv3kx58bd.jpg

ry%3D400

DSCN9385_zpsejjjoeca.jpg

The hidden cat!!! Love finding this hidden decoration!

DSCN9401_zpsfsa2zbdq.jpg

DSCN9402_zpsi7sjsu4h.jpg

DSCN9406_zpsani0a5ax.jpg

DSCN9407_zpsusk05zca.jpg

ry%3D400

DSCN9409_zpse37m5ktq.jpg

DSCN9412_zpsnrjugvut.jpg

Part 2 to be posted soon!

Last edited:
PART TEN- IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS! (PART 2)

A continuation of the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights!!!

DSCN9418_zpsz6woirc1.jpg

Yes, that is SNOW in Florida! Oh the magic of Disney!

DSCN9420_zps6k1ag9aa.jpg

Santa!

DSCN9422_zpstl29ont7.jpg

DSCN9427_zpswchtjgv5.jpg

DSCN9428_zpss1iu85ni.jpg

DSCN9429_zpspvnqvmsd.jpg

DSCN9431_zpsuke1bc7y.jpg

DSCN9432_zpszcildqsd.jpg

DSCN9440_zpsvtjyhdgu.jpg

DSCN9444_zpslo5ujdxj.jpg

DSCN9450_zpsucaos5to.jpg

DSCN9454_zpszoncghp4.jpg

wdw201400435130504_6918792011_zpspyqi0ufv.jpg

wdw201400435130505_6918842697_zpsenliuf6i.jpg

One last glimpse before we said goodbye to the lights. What a magical sight!

DSCN9456_zpsxnnqvgez.jpg

PART ELEVEN- EEYORE HAS MOVES, TIGGER HAS GAME, TWEEDLE DEE IS PICKING HIS NOSE?

After we had taken in the lights and were ready to move on, the plan was to hop back on a bus and head back to Magic Kingdom to see the castle lit up with the holiday lights before they were taken down. As we were walking back towards the front of the park to leave, we came across Tweedle Dee (or Dum? we'll go with the former for the sake of this article) outside of the Great Movie Ride. He's not a character that we usually come across outside of the Mad Tea Party ride in MK, so we walked over towards the ride. To our surprise, Eeyore and Tigger were also outside of the ride and before we were standing there too long, a dance battle broke out!

I have the link to the video of the battle
HERE! I also have taken a few screenshots of the battle below. Please enjoy this very special (more than likely once in a lifetime!) experience!

Tweedle Dee near the GMR. This is what drew us over to the area in the first place!

DSCN9458_zpsr5oij9bm.jpg

And then, the dance battle began!

tigger%201_zpskemgx4ne.png

Eeyore providing the sick beats on the trash can while Tigger busts a move! :tigger:

tigger%202_zpswdfn8gzf.png

Tweedle Dee joins the mix!

TD%202_zpstsucjndg.png

Eeyore and Tigger both on the "drums" now as TD dances!

TD%201_zps5deqeecc.png

Eeyore joins the dance battle!

Eeyore%201_zpsl4zetkbs.png

Eeyore%202_zpssjs4m9xv.png

Tweedle Dee clears the dance floor for take two!

TD%203_zpsvaxsqzaq.png

And what does he do with the spotlight? Pick his nose of course... haha! Only he or his brother could pull it off!

TD%204_zpszn4oy0cg.png

After the picking, it has to be wiped of somewhere... Poor Eeyore! :eeyore:

TD%205_zpsldkekzpi.png

Now it's time for Eeyore to finally have the spotlight!

Eeyore%203_zpszznqil5z.png

I have to say, he was definitely the one with the best dance moves! :love:

Eeyore%204_zpsjl0g77uf.png

Since Eeyore is my sister's favorite character, I tried to get a quick picture with her and him together. It didn't come out great, but it was better than nothing!

DSCN9463_zpst5fssntv.jpg

What an amazing event to witness!!!

Until next time!

PART TWELVE- AN END TO HS AND ONWARD TO MK!

Since we were already at the Great Movie Ride unexpectedly and the line was non-existent, we decided to take advantage and hop on before we made our way to the front of the park.

The dress from "Gone with the Wind" in the queue area!

DSCN9464_zpsmo8y8p0u.jpg

Welcome to the Spectacular Journey into the Movies!

DSCN9467_zpskriyg1hd.jpg
'

And the journey begins!

DSCN9468_zpslw1f8axi.jpg

Singing in the rain! Do you recognize the umbrella? Hint- it's somewhere else in Hollywood Studios!

DSCN9469_zpscmav1ggl.jpg

Welcome to the wild west!

DSCN9476_zpssr4wj46e.jpg

Is there a firefighter on the ride? Anyone?

DSCN9479_zpsrmg3uzsl.jpg

DUCK FOR COVER!

DSCN9481_zpsunpkai1a.jpg

...Something tells me you probably shouldn't have touched anything...

DSCN9492_zpsyu0ftdgn.jpg

DSCN9493_zpszqg4bvop.jpg

Jane from Tarzan!

DSCN9498_zpsximtzyor.jpg

I'll get you my pretty!

DSCN9512_zpspbgnel80.jpg

After the ride was over, we walked back to the entrance. We were saying goodbye to HS for the first time this trip, but were were happy knowing that we would soon be back. Pluto is one of my favorites, so I made sure to get a picture of him before leaving!

DSCN9523_zps8umf3isy.jpg

I snapped some quick pictures of the rest of the Christmas decorations before we made our exit stage Disney Bus.

DSCN9528_zpspbi1fjra.jpg

DSCN9536_zpsuhazw2t0.jpg

Until we see you again HS!

DSCN9531_zpsofnfifgj.jpg

I love HS!!! And GMR is one of my all-time favorites. Miss it, but this TR does help. Enjoying it!!:earsboy:

PART THIRTEEN- THE SPECTACULAR CINDERELLA CASTLE DURING THE HOLIDAYS

I know what most of you are probably thinking by this point. "How is this still the first day?" I'm thinking the same thing as I think about the challenge of writing a TR for a 10 day trip. I promise that the first day was very eventful and I took pictures of almost everything, so once I finish day 1 it will be much easier to check off those days! I hope I have kept you entertained so far!

We wanted to make sure that we were able to see the Cinderella Castle alight with those awe inspiring lights, so we made MK our last stop for the day.

My mom and dad before we entered the park.

DSCN9547_zpsy7aki5u1.jpg

The Christmas tree in the center circle near the entrance of the park.

DSCN9552_zpsaiuu42ee.jpg

We took advantage of the PhotoPass photographer at the start of Main Street USA and along the street with the Castle as the backdrop.
Please ignore the guy on the left. He's not with us... haha! This was the only picture with us all looking at the camera.

wdw201400435151390_6918833616_zpsdiafweri.jpg

There it is, glowing like a gem in the distance! :yay:

wdw201400435154517_6918832705_zps4a7axhib.jpg

Closer now!

wdw201400435152881_6918727547_zpsiliaw2we.jpg

wdw201400435152882_6918832719_zps8tcatnel.jpg

Do you think the disembodied head behind us is the 1,000th Grim Grinning Ghost finally materialized? :hmghost:Perhaps the house of happy haunts is finally full!

wdw201400435152882_6918919054_zpsizfp58ti.jpg

Now for the main attraction, the Castle! All of these pictures were taken at different times and vantage points, but for the sake of this TR I have condensed them into one post so that they are all in the same place. Just in case there is a very observant reader who notices the direction of the castle moves for every picture. :rotfl2:

The castle in a teal blue with those gorgeous wreaths in the forefront. If you look closely, you can see the carousel! :)

DSCN9562_zpswwoat2nj.jpg

Transitioning to a pink-purple.

DSCN9572_zpse4hvytnw.jpg

Fully purple-pink

DSCN9575_zpsfeieipy3.jpg

The classic grey/white and blue illuminated.

P1061186_zpsape70e06.jpg

Dark blue

P1061128_zpspmzaxw7p.jpg

Teal blue

DSCN0436_zpsh7d6xuij.jpg

The last event of our first day was watching the Electrical Parade. Photos for that to come next!

Last edited:
PART FOURTEEN- IT'S ELECTRIC(AL)!

The one thing that I cannot say enough about the Electrical Parade in MK is to watch it in Fronteirland. Everyone runs to get a spot out by the castle or on Main Street, which means that there are more people and less spots for viewing. The last two times that we watched the parade in Fronteirland we walked up to the curb and had NO ONE in a 5 foot radius. It was amazing to have a spot to yourself without worrying about someone closing in on your personal bubble or pushing you out of the way. What we also loved is it gave the characters a calm place to walk up and interact (and we were the only people in that area, so they really had no choice). You will hear the parade before you can see it as Fronteirland is the last land for the parade to make its way through, but it will be worth it!

If you want to listen to the music while browsing the images, the link to the full song is HERE. Be warned though! It is very catch and will likely be stuck in your head for a while to come!

This post will be all pictures as they speak for themselves!
Here comes the Mickey train! All aboard!

DSCN9578_zpsyj63herj.jpg

DSCN9589_zpstroltoqw.jpg

DSCN9592_zps61okd7yp.jpg

DSCN9604_zps3zoaacmh.jpg

DSCN9607_zpsdy9txbgs.jpg

DSCN9608_zpsfxpijiuc.jpg

DSCN9610_zpsv50puouk.jpg

DSCN9611_zpspjkadsjn.jpg

DSCN9614_zpscgf3h8yp.jpg

DSCN9637_zpsqg8x826c.jpg

DSCN9638_zpsuc9x9kek.jpg

DSCN9640_zpsf3uwevqd.jpg

DSCN9641_zpsstmncalp.jpg

DSCN9644_zps9zpq3xc9.jpg

DSCN9646_zpsaba9nfuj.jpg

DSCN9648_zpsjhc1gaeo.jpg

DSCN9653_zpsszvdzpuu.jpg

DSCN9654_zpsiwxp5j92.jpg

DSCN9655_zps64uusk61.jpg

DSCN9663_zpsucavdsii.jpg

DSCN9670_zpscowouxhv.jpg

DSCN9678_zpssquta2ta.jpg

DSCN9683_zpsjor2ip70.jpg

DSCN9687_zpsr8krkadh.jpg

DSCN9688_zps6xq8a6eb.jpg

DSCN9694_zpsji2t5aq1.jpg

DSCN9697_zpslwm0chfk.jpg

DSCN9705_zps8rcfe6sr.jpg

DSCN9724_zpsgmrjn0ke.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts