Do you know why The Diamond Horseshoe...

mickey2minnie1

DIS Veteran
I am at my 6 month window and all dining is done except MK The Diamond Horseshoe. Any idea why it is not allowing reservations for July?

Thanks!

Okay, thank you. I thought is was a new and permanent restaurant. Well, at least I have lunch ressies at BOG.

For those in the know- how is the food/ more fairly put, is there value in taking time to sit down there for lunch? Its on my list of places to try. Have three girls (9,7 & 3)

Lunch is a buffet, now, correct? If it is, it's the same food that's served at LTT, which also recently switched to a lunch buffet. It's good, but you'll have to decide if your little ones will eat their "money's worth."

To the contrary, it's very old and sadly not what it once was. It used to have a HDDR type show and was at one time the hardest reservation to get. People would have to run at RD to get on the list.

I think it is a shae it is no tlonger used to it's former potential.

My DD and her family had lunch there in August. It was one of their favorites and was not exactly the same as LTT. I wish I could remember what they had and what the differences were.

Lunch is a buffet, now, correct? If it is, it's the same food that's served at LTT, which also recently switched to a lunch buffet. It's good, but you'll have to decide if your little ones will eat their "money's worth."
Saw some recent reviews saying still family style. But hard to tell
I think it is a shae it is no tlonger used to it's former potential.

My DD and her family had lunch there in August. It was one of their favorites and was not exactly the same as LTT. I wish I could remember what they had and what the differences were.
Menu shows more of a BBQ type spread, with pulled pork and sausage- at least it did. For the last two days I can't get the page to come back up

Last edited:
Saw some recent reviews saying still family style. But hard to tell

Menu shows more of a BBQ type spread, with pulled pork and sausage- at least it did. For the last two days I can't get the page to come back up

I do not remember her saying it was family style, but that ses not mean it was not. She dis say it was definitely not the same LTT menu, just in an overflow location. They really enjoyed it.

I misspoke when I called it a buffet. I meant AYCTE family style, which I do think lunch now is, given the cost. Dinner was, at one time, more or less just overflow for LTT (even though the ADR was booked separately from LTT). They served the same AYCTE dinner, and lunch was a pretty pathetic QS during busy times.

I'd be interested in more reviews and pictures of this "BBQ style" meal.

Where's @TheRustyScupper when we need him?

Okay, thank you. I thought is was a new and permanent restaurant ...

DIAMOND HORSESHOE "411":
1) Ah, the Diamond Horseshoe !
2) We used to love that place.
. . . cute "Western" floor show with dancing, singing and jokes
. . . audience participation on and off stage
. . . snacks, sandwiches and soft drinks
. . . nicely air conditioned, especially for a hot day
3) The labor costs became too much for WDW budget/profit constraints.
. . . dancers, comics, other performers
. . . lighting and stage hands
. . . musicians
. . . waitresses, hostesses, bartenders (for soft drinks, only - no alcohol)
4) They shut it down with little fanfare.
. . . Del Monte stopped its sponsorship, and it closed in 2003
. . . then, it became "Goofy's Country Dancin' Jamboree", and promptly closed in 2004
5) Now, it is an overflow eatery for LTT, but only in "busy" seasons.
. . . busy seasons are usually Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and some weeks in Summer.
. . . counter service and sandwiches for lunch
. . . family-style all-you-can-eat for dinner (same items as at LTT)
. . . recommended ADR's for either
. . . it uses the same kitchen as LTT, but the food seems worse
. . . in most cases, not worth the effort
. . . during Halloween it is a "dance party" and Trick-or-Treat
7) I would not tell people to avoid it totally, but the food and service don't warrant a visit.
8) WHAT A PITY to kill off such a nice attraction !!!!

NOTE1: I got selected to participate before the show was canceled. I had a silly part, but when the show was over, the banjo player let me take the instrument and play a little blue grass. It was a cute little "jam session" with the other musicians.

NOTE2: The Golden Horseshoe, the pattern for Diamond Horseshoe, is still operating at Disneyland.

Last edited:
I just asked my DD and her family about the meal at Diamond Horseshoe. All three werein agreement. LTT dinner, AYCTE, and not worth it. They did not like it. I have no idea where I got the idea they enjoyed it. Oh well, I am sorry for the erroneous info I posted earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter