• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever go to a resort for a few days and not go into the parks

tony webb

Earning My Ears
we are going to OKW for 5 days in early june and then going back at the end of june to veg out.....anybody else do this

We did this in July 2006. Well, actually we had a reunion to attend in the Orlando area so instead of spending cash to stay at a hotel somewhere, we used DVC points to stay at OKW for the long weekend. We swam, played pool at Community Hall, did the surrey-bike, took the boat over to Downtown Disney, and basically just enjoyed hangin' out at the resort for the days we weren't doing reunion activities.

We've done it. Both to just go down and veg out, and also as a base of operations (in comfort!) because we had to do something else in the Orlando area. I highly recommend it!

We vacation at OKW two or three times a year, but it has been over six years since we've visited the theme parks.

DW and DD's (and I) like to relax by the pool, play shuffleboard, air hockey, etc.

We also check out videos and/or games, ride bikes or boats, etc.

Also, we do most of our meals in the room. (To be fair, we live close to Disney, so we became "parked-out" after the first year or two we lived in FL.)

Last New Year's, our Boilermakers were in the Bowl game in Orlando. We stayed at OKW, enjoyed DTD, and didn't pay for a hotel room. And many times when we go, we spend more days not in the parks just hangin' than we do in the parks.

We have tried, but we always end up at a park regardless. But usually its just for dinner at EPCOT or to see one of the fireworks.

when we don't have APs it is very easy not to go into the parks. And MUCH more relaxing!
We did 7 days there last month and only went into the parks 1 1/2 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter