• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do Universal resorts put incidental hold on credit card?

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
At check-in, do the Universal hotels put a hold on your credit card for incidentals? If so, does anyone know the amount?

Thanks!

At check-in, do the Universal hotels put a hold on your credit card for incidentals? If so, does anyone know the amount?

Thanks!

No they don't. Do you plan on having a wild party and breaking stuff? If so , invite me.:lmao::rotfl2:

Royal Pacific told me they put a $400 hold on the card when we checked in. We got no where near that but I was told that up front.

thanks for posting OP. I was wondering the same thing.

I'm staying for 7 nights. Is it a per night charge? Is it like Disney where they run it thru every couple of days?

Sorry to hijack:upsidedow

I have always paid cash when I check in and have never had to leave extra for a deposit. They have always told me that you will still get a bill under your door and if there is other charges then stop by and settle up. Also I always book the room with a debit card (first night paid in full at booking) and have never had any funds held during the stay.

I have always paid cash when I check in and have never had to leave extra for a deposit. They have always told me that you will still get a bill under your door and if there is other charges then stop by and settle up. Also I always book the room with a debit card (first night paid in full at booking) and have never had any funds held during the stay.
Same here cause I have stayed at RPR for the last four year and never was told they hold a certain amount for incidentals but have been asked if I wanted room charging and told them no and paid for my room for our entire stay and no hold was put on the card cause if it was then we would have ran out of food money cause we have all our money on prepaid credit cards so we don't have to carry cash unless we get it from a atm

We had a discussion here before about it. I'll see what I can find.

From what I can find, you can refuse any charges to your room, refuse the honour bar key and ask them not to put any holds on the card.

From what I can find, you can refuse any charges to your room, refuse the honour bar key and ask them not to put any holds on the card.

Yes, this is true. I always pay off my trip about a month in advance and I tell them I do not want any holds placed on my card @ check-in because I will not be charging anything to my room. I've never had any problems. :thumbsup2

I had this issue come up last year before my trip. I paid for my room in advance and was told that a $200 per night hold would be put on my credit card for incidentals.

I was ALSO given the option not to have the hold put on my card.

I absolutely did not want a $1200 hold placed on my card. We stayed three nights and I paid for two rooms. So I declined.

When I checked in they saw that my room was pre-paid. They asked for a credit card for incidentals and I said, "no thank you". That was NO problem.

I had no intention of charging food back to the room. But, I thought my kids would want to rent a movie. Which they did. BEFORE, they could rent...TV would not let them...they had to go down to the front desk and pay the movie cost. I had NO problem with this. Just letting everyone know what my experience was.

BTW, this was at the RPR.

Just back from HRH where they put an incidental hold on my CC for $100 plus the full amount of the trip, even though I paid for the first nights deposit. They authorized the charge but didn't put it through. I was never given the option.

I did, however, refuse room charging & the key to the mini bar.

I just returned from RPR and used my debit card. When I checked in I paid for the balance due on the room on it. They gave me the option of charging a deposit for room charges. I put 500 on at that time, and then added another 500 midweek. When I checked out yesterday, I had a credit of 120, which they will return to my account. Couldn't have been easier!:thumbsup2

You can use the room key for charges at all 3 resorts, 2 parks, and citywalk. It was so nice to just have to carry the one card :0)

Yes, they do, if you agree. They put a hold of $100 per night, per room, for incidentals. They usually ask at check-in if you would like to charge incidentals to your room. You can decline and no charging privileges will appear on card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter