Do the characters mind? *~Best character interaction stories~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of seeing a video of Alice and the Hatter riding in the Mad Tea Cups in WDW. It's not often you see Disney characters riding any attraction in the parks.
We were lucky enough two years ago to see Aladdin and Jasmine ride the Magic Carpets!

Two years ago when we were meeting Goofy in Storybook Circus, my husband was kind of hanging back off to the side while the kids did the meet. I guess Goofy didn't like seeing someone not paying attention to him so he put up his fists and he and DH had a pretend fight lol. I have the best picture of my DH and Goofy flexing their muscles at each other!

I had a few great experiences with the characters when I went!

I took my small cuddly Stitch to Ohana breakfast - Stitch took him off me and put him in his ear! He then pretended to lick my autograph book and rub it over my head! Stitch was great fun every time I met him in fact - I think it is easy for his character to do that!

I met Alice and she asked me who I had met in the parks and I told her I had had breakfast with Tigger that day - she then took me by the hand and dragged me through the crowds of people, past the concerned looking children who thought I was stealing Alice that they were waiting to see(!), and took me to the Tigger cut into the hedges for the Flower and Garden Festival! Was so much fun! :)

Aladdin and Jasmine had a long conversation with me as well - after asking where I was from they told me they came to England a lot to wash their flying carpet, as it rained lots in England and they needed the rain to keep the carpet clean!

For those that went to WDW or Epcot, any good interactions with Marie? Because I remember meeting her twice during my Senior Trip. I told her "You have no idea, how much I was looking for you." and she acted very shy around me and hugged and kissed me more times when Minnie did back in my 2006 trip to WDW (My second Trip). On my last day at WDW, she made a crying gesture when I told her "This is my last day" and blew me kisses as I left her. I remember Pinocchio messed with my hair back in 2004 (My first visit).

I finally got to meet Marie two weeks ago in MK. I was so excited to see her: i told her i was a mad cat lady, i got 3 cats and got a toy of her on my bed. She acted very happy and gave me great hugs. The photopass photographer snapped a great pic of me talking to Marie and she has her hands covered over her eyes.
Marie probably thought: she is a real mad cat lady. Yikes!

Love Marie!

I finally got to meet Marie two weeks ago in MK. I was so excited to see her: i told her i was a mad cat lady, i got 3 cats and got a toy of her on my bed. She acted very happy and gave me great hugs. The photopass photographer snapped a great pic of me talking to Marie and she has her hands covered over her eyes.
Marie probably thought: she is a real mad cat lady. Yikes!

Love Marie!
If her brothers showed up at WDW someday. Both would make very fun interactions due to both being mischievous and love messing with their sister.

They've always been very nice in the parks. I notice that they seem to be quicker with the adults in the character buffets though.

Thanksgiving week 2013 we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's one day. Donald is my favorite character and I have a nice collection of Donald pins. When he made his way around to our table, I told him he was my favorite and showed him my pins, apparently winning his little duckie heart for the rest of the morning. He pulled me up from my seat, hugged me, dipped me to the ground and "kissed" me. He kept waving and blowing me kisses from each table and came back to ours several times. I've never had an interaction like that before, but it was pretty funny.

Last edited:
I sure do love seeing the Disneyland videos of the Hatter with guests. It's so much fun to watch when they are doing Musical Chairs.

well thought id bump this thread, wit a few great memories that were made on my first ever halloween trip
i got to meet so many characters and ill be honest I'm getting more interactive with them!

(i got to see peter three times on this last trip ((you can tell what my must do is for a disney trip now ha)) each time he was very animated and fun.
the one most people like is during the halloween party where i got to meet him dressed as him!!image.jpeg

but my favorite time was the last time as all i say is i personally knew a friend of peter pan that day ha and it just made the meet and greet even better! we actually just sat down and chatted best meet ever lolimage.jpeg

then another character was one of the chipmunks i wanna say it was dale in the pic but his nose is covered lol
on my celebrating pin i put "life" since i honestly was celebrating living 10 years past what i was expected to! the people who noticed it would always make a fuss over it (in a good way) and here was no different once he noticed my pin he got very animated around me (as we had a large group,) but he kept pointing at my pin and hugging me made me feel special they played with our ears and tossed them around they are always fun to see!image.jpegimage.jpeg

My daughter just got back from her trip, with her friends from college, and she spent half an hour last night telling me about all the amazing interactions they had with characters. All four friends dressed Disneybound each day - Baymax tried to follow them out of the meet and greet as they were dressed as Big Hero 6, Peter Pan was great, Parade Rapunzel saw my daughter (Disneybound as Rapunzel) in the crowd and tried to get Flynn to look at her, etc. I think they do a fabulous job with older guests.

ETA - typo and more info

Last edited:
well thought id bump this thread, wit a few great memories that were made on my first ever halloween trip
i got to meet so many characters and ill be honest I'm getting more interactive with them!

(i got to see peter three times on this last trip ((you can tell what my must do is for a disney trip now ha)) each time he was very animated and fun.
the one most people like is during the halloween party where i got to meet him dressed as him!!View attachment 146006

but my favorite time was the last time as all i say is i personally knew a friend of peter pan that day ha and it just made the meet and greet even better! we actually just sat down and chatted best meet ever lolView attachment 146005

then another character was one of the chipmunks i wanna say it was dale in the pic but his nose is covered lol
on my celebrating pin i put "life" since i honestly was celebrating living 10 years past what i was expected to! the people who noticed it would always make a fuss over it (in a good way) and here was no different once he noticed my pin he got very animated around me (as we had a large group,) but he kept pointing at my pin and hugging me made me feel special they played with our ears and tossed them around they are always fun to see!View attachment 146007View attachment 146008

Great pictures and stories. Thank you for sharing. I think you are correct that it is Dale (basing that on tooth at the side instead of in front). May you celebrate many more years and more visits to WDW!
Sarah

the one most people like is during the halloween party where i got to meet him dressed as him!!View attachment 146006

but my favorite time was the last time as all i say is i personally knew a friend of peter pan that day ha and it just made the meet and greet even better! we actually just sat down and chatted best meet ever lolView attachment 146005

on my celebrating pin i put "life" since i honestly was celebrating living 10 years past what i was expected to! the people who noticed it would always make a fuss over it (in a good way) and here was no different once he noticed my pin he got very animated around me (as we had a large group,) but he kept pointing at my pin and hugging me made me feel special they played with our ears and tossed them around they are always fun to see!View attachment 146007View attachment 146008
Yup! That's Dale (eyelids and as AGoofykindagirl said, teeth)!

Great post! Thanks for sharing!!!

bumping this to see if we have more stories people wanna share :) i love reading all these! before a trip and especially after one has ended lol!

Directed here from the comment you made on my thread!

My fella and I were the very first people for Drizella's and Anastasia's first meet of the morning. When Drizella noticed I didn't have a ring on my finger, they started harassing him about it, and they spent a good five minutes off to the side with him helping to plan his proposal. When we took our photos, they forced us to hold hands. I never considered them anywhere close to "must-do" characters, but now they definitely are.

We also made our own autograph books for the same trip, and seeing the character's reactions to being on the cover of our books were the highlights of our trip. (Mine had Marie on the front, his had King Louie and Baloo in their Talespin outfits.) A certain orangutan was so excited about it, we actually got his signature. My fella still talks about it when people come over.

DSC_0315_zpsbrl7ecou.jpg
DSC_0301_zpsdknv193e.jpg
DSC_0309_zpsflyakwzn.jpg
DSC_0312_zpskhvfcy1f.jpg

Our new favorite character to visit with - Gaston! Here are my four hamming it up.

We waited in line for Gaston (my girls and I) and when it was our turn, I stepped aside to where the photographer was to take photos, and had no intention of posing with him. When the girls were done, Gaston said "ok, now the other sister" and pulled me over to him. He then explained to all the guys "see what I did there men? She is OBVIOUSLY the mother, but I called her the sister so she would fall in love with me" And then he proceeded to pull me close, lift my sunglasses and stare into my eyes and wiggle his eyebrows.

SO much fun - I've never not felt comfortable with the characters!

Love this story!

This is the BEST thread ever! Thanks to the OP!

I’ve had so many great character interactions over the years. Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger & Goofy give the greatest hugs. Tigger knocked my mom’s glasses off with his exuburence one time. Goofy literally swept me off my feet, which was a total surprise and I was sad that nobody got a picture of it.

The only awkward meeting I ever had was with Prince Caspian. He was really, really pretty and I kind of got tongue-tied. Thankfully I was saved when my BFF’s 60 year old mother arrived on the scene. He started brazenly flirting with her and she flirted right back.

Captain Jack Sparrow was one of my favourite experiences ever. As you would expect he was very flirty almost bordering on inappropriate but it was hysterical. I don’t think I’ve ever blushed so much. This was on DCL.

One of my other favourite memories is from Epcot. I was Disneybounding as Snow White that day and really wanted to meet her. We got in line early and began chatting w/ the family in front of us (they were first in line and we were second). Well, I chatted with the parents and BFF entertained their kids. Snow White arrived, promptly burst into tears and ran away. We were all pretty stunned and felt terrible for her and whatever was going on in her life. The little girl we were standing with was devastated. Her mom mentioned to the CM standing nearby how they’d tried several times on the trip to meet her and something always went wrong. The CM asked us to wait there and walked away. She came back with a supervisor who told us to follow her. Us adults figured out they were taking us to another location for a M&G but didn’t want to say anything to the kids in case something else went wrong. My BFF and I were graciously included in the invitation. We arrived at Akershus and they went and got Snow White to come and meet us. The kids were over the moon! Honestly, we all were. Snow White loved my outfit, especially my 7 Dwarfs ring. She proceeded to name them all for us. While she lavished attention on the kidlets she also made me feel very special and it's one of my best memories. It was a totally magical experience!

I try to make the character greeting experience as enjoyable for the actor inside the costume as it is for me, by interacting with them, laughing with them, etc. For example, I posed with Frollo and, as my wife was snapping the picture, said "Who's this guy? Frodo?" He acted like he was mad, but I'm sure the actor inside got a kick out of it. Then there was the Cinderella mouse who came up to me at 1900 Park Fare and blew a kiss at me. When she leaned in for a hug, I whispered "That's a girl in there, right?" She shook her head "yes," and I could hear the actress inside trying - and failing - to stifle a laugh. Good times.

Disneyland Paris characters does amazing meets with people.
The only downside to that is that instead of being in line for say, 20 minutes it is usually almost an hour as they spend so long with each guest or party.

I know I am bumping a topic, but I feel I should share this!

I have done character meet & greets when I was younger (mostly with Mickey from what I can recall), but then around 6 or 7 we were doing a cruise on the Wonder and on Castaway Cay there is this Post Office of all places where you think you won't see the characters, boy was I wrong! Had an "accidental run-in" with Captain Hook and Smee that time, and after that I became so afraid of the characters I never did meet and greets again, that is till just recently in December.

I have recently (as around March, never saw the whole movie until July when I purchased the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack) become a fan of Zootopia and, of course, Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps. Of course Nick & Judy only appeared in Move It Shake It at WDW and only did M&G at DCA, and not at WDW until MVMCP came around. Once I got the news they were meeting, I knew from the get go I couldn't resist going to MVMCP (in fact, this would be the first time I attended MVMCP)! However, with this "fear" of doing character meet and greets (I am fine from afar and during the parades), I basically had a double-edged sword to deal with!

Fast forward to December 16, 2016.

Since it was me and a friend of mine who were going to MVMCP, I told him that once we did POTC, we would go our own ways until we reunited for dinner. Thats what we did! I basically told him "See ya at Village Haus at 9 PM!" At this point as a began my trek from Adventureland to Tomorrowland, thats when my anxiety levels were high, my heart was pounding, I was shaking, and I was just a little on the nervous side. I actually practiced some calming techniques (deep breathing and counting) to calm myself down and to relieve the anxiety!

And to the actual meet & greet itself.

Once it was my turn, I came up to him saying "Hey Nick HOWS IT GOIN MAN?!" and he gave me a big hug (mind you Nick is an amazing hugger, believe me!)
SQew6F8.jpg

Once he hugged me, I turned and came up to Judy, saying "Hey Judy how ya doing?!" she hugged me as well, and not only that she also kissed me, too! KISSED ME, right on the cheek (heard a smooch from my right ear, so that may very well have been her who kissed me!)
gs6DHBj.jpg

I even thanked her for keeping the citizens of Zootopia safe, I think I made her blush at this point (I think I even heard a gasp from either Judy or a guest waiting in line), and I asked her, "Oh, how's Clawhauser doing?!"

Took a selfie with them as well (two actually), and just I was trying to get the camera app on my iPhone up, I accidentally unlocked the phone and I said "hang on having a bit of trouble here" and Nick was like "oh brother."
dT29BSo.jpg

wwynmte.jpg

F10vz5k.jpg

In the end, this was an amazing experience and I would do it again, even if they become regulars (which is rumored to happen!) This did however, leave me red in the face, beaming for the rest of the night, and much of the next day!
Dgko7Ac.jpg

Apologizes if this was rather lengthy!

I think they enjoy interacting with adults.

For my birthday last year, I got to interact with Sorcerer Mickey at DHS for 15+ minutes prior to them allowing other guests in the area, it was such an amazing experience and the CMs and photo pass were amazing. :)

I have had Cinderella stop me on her way to meet & greet at Epcot and ask me about my buttons.

I have also met the Canadian Santa in the store in Canada, randomly, he stopped my sister from leaving and told her to be a good girl for Christmas, it was pretty hilarious.

When Beast was at Epcot, he bowed to my sister & me as we passed him.

We also have had a run in with King Louie at Animal Kingdom, he was a pleasant monkey. Baloo ran into him and almost fell over, it was quite a scene.

When my sister & I did breakfast at Cafe May, we had Donald Duck, Goofy & Mickey Mouse sit with us while we ate and try to take our food. Guess they were hungry.

There has been so many instances of just being in the right place at the right time, but I think they add so much fun to WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!