do NOT stay at Nickelodeon!!!

disney ambassador

faith, trust, pixie dust
This room is disgusting!!!

We stayed here about two years ago and although we found it noisy and chaotic it wasn't that bad.

We decided since this was a surprise trip that we would stay here again for a few days to surprise our 9yr old who is always asking when can we stay here again. Well, we have decided it will be NEVER again!!

The sheets don't feel clean, although the appear clean. There is mold on the walls, ceilings, shower curtain, and even the curtain to the kids bedroom. There are stains on the chairs. Paint is chipped in places and there are cracks in the walls.

The maid came in today and "loosely" made up the bed and took the dirty towels. She didn't do any actual cleaning, including the bathroom. She replaced the towels, but not the faceclothes.

I had brought some Lysol wipes with me and I have just used almost a whole container trying to make the room feel somewhat clean.

We only have tonight and tomorrow night here thank goodness! I can't wait to get home!!

I normally don't write reports on things because I think everyone like different things. But I felt I had to report on how bad this was.

:eek: It sounds awful! I can tolerate many things (or lack thereof) in a hotel...but not filth. Thanks for the heads up. Anyone else here share this experience???

boy you have got to wonder -how they maintain their 3 star with AAA - not to mention their prices.

Eck you should have changed rooms - i'd speak to a manager!!!

This room is disgusting!!!

We stayed here about two years ago and although we found it noisy and chaotic it wasn't that bad.

We decided since this was a surprise trip that we would stay here again for a few days to surprise our 9yr old who is always asking when can we stay here again. Well, we have decided it will be NEVER again!!

The sheets don't feel clean, although the appear clean. There is mold on the walls, ceilings, shower curtain, and even the curtain to the kids bedroom. There are stains on the chairs. Paint is chipped in places and there are cracks in the walls.

The maid came in today and "loosely" made up the bed and took the dirty towels. She didn't do any actual cleaning, including the bathroom. She replaced the towels, but not the faceclothes.

I had brought some Lysol wipes with me and I have just used almost a whole container trying to make the room feel somewhat clean.

We only have tonight and tomorrow night here thank goodness! I can't wait to get home!!

I normally don't write reports on things because I think everyone like different things. But I felt I had to report on how bad this was.

Don't hesitate to contact corporate headquarters and give them a report of your experience.....including pictures.
http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?pageid=207

Have you talked to the property manager? They should be able to rectify any problems you are having. Make sure you get names and document EVERY conversation you have.

We stayed there for one night in April and our room was fine. It wasn't dirty, moldly or gross. My husband is super OCD and always goes around cleaning everything anyway regardless, he's just gotta spray all those germs away, but we didn't have any problems staying here. Not to say you didn't OP, just reporting another experience. Sorry you're in a sceevy room.

We changed rooms 3 times in May and the last room we were in didn't have any visible mold and was relatively clean. The others were horrible. I know they have a waterpark and it stays wet but it was too gross and I couldn't breathe due to an allergy to mold.

I am allergic to mold, so that's one of the first things I look for. It's hard to keep hotels, especially those with exterior doors, from getting moldy. One big problem is some visitors are used to living without AC, and actually prefer to have a door or window open instead. With the humidiity here, you'll have mold almost instantly if you do that. We never have the windows at our home open for more than an hour or so (just long enough to get a change of air in the house once or twice a year) and then it's back to the AC. Even with that short span of time, furniture starts to feel clammy from the humidity. That's also why you see it in so many hotel bathrooms (poor AC circulation in the bathroom). It may keep our skin looking dewy moist, but humidity is just a pain in the neck!

There is no excuse for a housekeeper not cleaning though. I would have had to call someone right away about that.

we stayed last spring as a surprise for our son also, we will NEVER EVER stay there again! We had issues that we addressed at the front desk, even talked to the manager, for what they charge we could not believe how overpriced everything else in the place was. We were there Easter morning, they advertised that the kids would be getting Easter baskets, well when we checked into getting one for our son we were told the price (outrageous for what you got) and they were all out. We tried signing our son up for some of the special events that we read about on their website,my wife asked when she made the reservations if we needed to sign up for anything at that time the person taking the reservations said that we could sign up for everything when we checked in. Fast forward to after we have checked in been to our room, we go back to the front desk to sign our son up for some of the special events we were informed that we should have done that when we made our reservations. This is when we asked to speak to the manager and told the manager that for what they were charging to stay that the people making the reservations should have known that we needed to sign up at that time instead of finding out after the fact.

I stayed there years ago when it was the HIFS. Paid $60 a night for a kidsuite. The prices have quadrupled since then! So sad that they've let the quality go, too.

I'm terribly allergic to mold, also so it would've been a horror for me!

This weekend my family and I stayed at the Nick Hotel for my sons birthday. The room was extremely damp and smelled of urine. To top it off, there was mold all over the kids room, on the wall next to the table, where you eat, and starting on the ceiling. I complained to management and although they were nice, it didn't seem like a big deal. we stayed in the room for 3 days before we noticed it was mold. I thought it was mud that the maid didnt feel like cleaning until another maid came in and said it was mold. we were never in our rooms. We were gone from sun up to sundown doing the whole Disney and Universal thing. They changed our room on the last night, but I felt like they should have done more. My daughter had allergy sinus problems and my son broke out in a rash. Am I wrong for feeling like they should have done more? Think about your kids and if it were you.

I'd be upset that housekeeping didn't think enough of the issue to have management address it before your stay (I'm assuming it was there before). It does sound like the front desk took care of it after you complained, right? If they had ignored your complaint, I'd be mad but, they did address your concern so I'd let it go.

I stayed there years ago when it was the HIFS. Paid $60 a night for a kidsuite. The prices have quadrupled since then! So sad that they've let the quality go, too.

I'm terribly allergic to mold, also so it would've been a horror for me!

Same here! It was an awesome hotel, but I guess a lot can change in 10 years. :confused3

Blah....we're going to WDW for Jersey Week in November and the kids are dying to go to the Nick Hotel. I got the cheapest room I could just so we could take the kids there for the day but we'll head back to AKV at the end of the night. It costs less than a day at the water parks.

I am sure there are rooms there that are fine and clean, but it sounds more and more like the hotel needs a major refurb, perhaps new carpeting because of all the dampness from the water park.

Blah....we're going to WDW for Jersey Week in November and the kids are dying to go to the Nick Hotel. I got the cheapest room I could just so we could take the kids there for the day but we'll head back to AKV at the end of the night. It costs less than a day at the water parks.

I am sure there are rooms there that are fine and clean, but it sounds more and more like the hotel needs a major refurb, perhaps new carpeting because of all the dampness from the water park.

Oh man, you are really going to be disappointed going from AKV to the Nick Hotel! Are you staying the night, or just going to use the pools, etc.?

run...run from the nick hotel.... we booked by the big water slide thing..they closed while we were there...$20 extra /nite...and my son got seriosly ill ...heard they kept closing the pool for pooh problems and AGREE totally with the sceevey room... the couch was sooo dirty and stained we never sat on it...maid left a piece of broken vacuum in our room so i saw her cart next door and she was nowhere around so i put it on her cart...later we found it back in our room... mgmt didn't care gave me 20 for pool view back and a late check out but believe me we were running out...they put money in to the check-in area it was fresh and new but the rooommmm are old...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter