• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do infants really sleep in a stroller at MK?

danc18

Mouseketeer
Taking a 10 month old to MK for about 5 hours/day (morning). Normally, nap time would be around 9am. Do they really sleep through all the noise and commotion? Or do they just get tired/cranky/cry? Generally a very cheerful baby. Interested what your experiences are.

mine always did just fine... I always brought my sling also just in case but my kids slpet wherever they happened to be

My 7mo took two naps yesterday at animal kingdom in her stroller. My son before her took countless naps at WDW (we are locals). He even slept through Hallowishes when he was 5 months old.

We went with an 8 month old last time. When he was tired we just out him in the stroller with our sun cover and walked him around. He went to sleep no problem.

This summer he was two and we took him to theme parks. When he was tired we pushed him around and he slept. Sometimes shorter naps but he got the rest he needed. No problem. He was so tired from all the excitement it wasn't an issue.

It depends on the kid. Much higher chance of them napping if they're used to sleeping with music/noise in the background at home. If they're used to silence I can see how that wouldn't work.

My kids stroller napped until they were 3 at Disney.

Mine never slept in their strollers as infants/toddlers. But they often fell asleep in our arms on dark rides. My son was almost 12 months old on our last trip and he fell asleep during the Tiki room and the Safari at AK lol. He also fell asleep in a baby carrier a couple times. He never took any really long naps while at the park but the short ones kept him going.

I honestly can't imagine mine falling asleep in strollers.

We just got home this week. My 10 month old had no problems napping in the stroller or carrier but absolutely refused to sleep in the pack and play.

My children never slept in strollers. I used to point out other sleeping children to them as an example, "see? why don't you do that?" o_O
They would sleep in a sling though so that was the norm for us, Disney or regular life.

I suppose it depends on the baby but I have seen many many babies and toddlers sleeping happily in their stroller at all of the parks in various situations.
Personally I've witnessed my one niece sleep during a very loud thunderstorm while other children were screaming bloody murder at the sound of the thunder right next to us.
My other niece slept right through Illuminations. I should mention that that niece never has slept through the night and she's 3.5yrs old but slept soundly in the stroller on several other occasions as well.
Generally if a baby/toddler is tired and are provided with a stroller they will easily fall asleep.

My son, who is now almost 5, would never nap in a stroller. In fact, he only fell asleep in a stroller once that I can recall before we went to Disney this past spring. He napped every day. My daughter, now 16 months (10 when we went) would fall asleep easily. It really depends on the child. From my experience, once they get more interested in their surroundings, they will want to see everything and will sometimes fight sleep. Once they get mobile, they will wear themselves out and basically just pass out in the stroller or car seat. It's amazing how they can go, go, go, then fall asleep in a matter of a minute or two.

My 4 year old son took a nap in the stroller when we went in August. Slept from 6pm till 8pm. Crappy time for a nap but he needed it!

It's funny how every kid is different. Kids 1 and 2 for me loved falling asleep in my arms. Kids 3 and 4 both preferred being in their bed or stroller once they hit 6 months. It was like a switch was flipped for both of them and they stopped zonking out in my arms and would fuss until I put them down. But they would sleep in the Ergo. Just not in my arms. Kids.

Both my girls, who are historically bad sleepers, fall asleep in the stroller at Disney and stay asleep for considerable amts of time.

Never any issue with my 9 month old, then again at 17m. She slept fine in the stroller for about 1.5 hours.

From 8months until 5... no issues sleeping lol. My son as an infant and toddler did take his regularly scheduled naps in his stroller (or baby carrier) in the parks without issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter