Do I understand this right?

ICan'tWait

Mouseketeer
We're traveling with the expanded family for a total of 7. When I made reservations a while back I booked everything for 7 because others didn't know what they may want to do. Since then our nephew traveling with us has been diagnosed with Crohn's. So my SIL is probably going to avoid any buffets because she doesn't want to pay for him if he's not eating anything. She may have to avoid a lot of restaurants and even parks if nephew is not feeling well. (If feel so bad for him :sad2:)

Ok - the question - It was my understanding when I booked that even if everyone didn't show up my family (party of four) could still be seated. Is that correct? Right now there is just no way of knowing what he may or may not be up to. Should I be trying to rebook at least the buffets for a party of four or just go ahead and leave it and hope some of them can join us??

Do you mean not eat anything, as actually not eating, or do you mean it's very limited what he can eat? (plain food, certain things, etc.)

If it's the latter, then don't worry about it: Disney is GREAT at handling people with all types of food sensitivities

I suggest you check out the DISabilities board. You can probably get all sorts of good advice for your nephew (not just the dining issues, but advice on touring the parks, etc.)

I would just show up your with your smaller party if it comes to that and say some were unable to make it. They should be able to seat you, but you might have to wait a bit longer.

If you have a credit card hold or pre-paid reservation, you will be charged though, so those would be the exceptions.

I agree with the suggestion to check out the DISabilities board - Disney is great with food allergy type issues (you call and speak to them in advance). I don't really think it's necessary that your nephew avoid the restaurants.

Last year when I made our ADRs it was for 5 people, but then my one Aunt decided not to join us. My other Aunt only joined us for a few meals. Most of the time it was just 3 of us and there was no problem being seated. The one day it was only 2 because my sister was sick. We just said that the others couldn't make it and were never questioned beyond that. None of us had a credit card hold.

Same situation with us... My mom and aunt couldn't join us for several meals and we had no issues. We were seated with little or no wait. My mom and aunt even had to cancel for Cinderella's Royal Table and (we were on dining plan) and Disney didn't make us pay or use dining credits for the two missing diners. We just said they weren't feeling well and Disney was VERY understanding. I would leave your reservations the way they are in case they decide to join you. I would also call Disney about your nephew's food sensitivities/issues. They are really great in helping people with those obstacles. I was at BOMA last year and I saw a chef walking around with a guest telling them exactly what they could eat and could not eat.

The chefs at Disney are awsome! Your nephew will enjoy eating at WDW. You can phone or possibly go back online and add the dietary requests to your ADR's. The CM on the phone can if you can't do it online.

If you go over to the DisAbilities Board you will find an e-mail address for special diets. Brenda (I think she is the only one) will send you a list of CS places that can serve him food that is safe for him. She can also send you a form to fill out with all of your ADR's so that the chef's will know in advance and have something available for him to eat.

When you get to the restaurant, make sure the CM knows you need to see the chef. The chef will come out and show you what is safe on the buffets. If you are not at a buffet, the chef will come up with something that will work for your nephew that he likes.

You'll be fine with less people for ADRs. I wouldn't rebook them.

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew's condition. I hope and pray he doesn't have too bad a time with it. :hug:

Thank you for all the great tips! I will forward to SIL and will definately check out the disabilities board. It's a relief to know I can leave the reservations and they can joins us when/if able. I know right now he's drinking alot of ensure and he has days where he doesn't "eat," which is why my SIL doesn't want to pay for a buffet. It's a new diagnosis and they're still working things out. Hopefully things will settle down in the next couple weeks and he will have a magical trip (his first!). :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter