• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need to make breakfast reservations?

acc82

Mouseketeer
So, we're doing the deluxe dining plan this go-round and I've been making reservations. I have a dinner reservation for everynight (mostly signature) and for lunch on some days. I planned on eating breakfast in the resort (grand floridian) at one of their restaurants but I see that many people venture elsewhere for breakfast. If I wanted to do this, could I do it on the spur of the moment or do I need reservations for those. I hate to plan TOO much and book our mornings in case we would like to sleep in one day. Thanks.

If you want to go to 1900 Park Fare you will probably need a reservation, as it is a buffet with Characters.

If you are going to the Grand Floridiian Cafe more than likely you will not need a reservation, but it does not hurt. What you might want to do is stop by the GFC and find out the phone number for the podium, then call from your room when you are on your way.

If you want to have any character breakfasts, you definitely need reservations. Since you are on the monorail line, you might want to book breakfast at Ohana's in the Poly (family style breakfast with characters) or Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary (buffet with characters). You could also do Crystal Palace in MK and get in before rope drop. If you aren't interested in a character breakfast, it's not as necessary, but I do think that if it's a busy time like Christmas, you are better off with reservations no matter where you are eating.

If it is a non-character breakfast you probably won't need an ADR unless you're going at a very busy time (e.g. 4th of July, between Christmas and New Years, etc.)

If you're planning to sleep in and not eat breakfast until mid-morning you probably won't need an ADR. However, you could always call the day before or as soon as you get up in the morning and see how busy they are.

Kim T :figment:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter