• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do dining reservations cancel if I book a new room?

jrmint427

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for September 2017. I know we are really far out, but I was considering booking a room when the 2017 rates are posted this summer. From what I've read, there is no penalty for cancelling if we change our minds on dates or want to book a different resort.

We would love to be able to take advantage of Free Dining if it works out for dates/resort, but I've read that promotion typically won't be offered until April or May before our September trip. I would want to make dining reservations at the 180 day mark.

If we book a room, make dining reservations at 180 days, and then the Free Dining offer is released in April and we want to book a different resort to take advantage of it... Would we have to cancel our first room reservation to book a new room package with Free Dining? If we cancel, does that automatically cancel our dining reservations, or is there a way to link them to the new reservation? If we have to not cancel, but just change our reservation to get Free Dining (in order to keep dining reservations), will we pay a change fee?

I appreciate any guidance that you can provide!

Changing rooms should not impact your ADRs. Unless you changed in the middle of your 180+10 window and shortened your trip. You don't need a room to book an ADR, anyone can book at 180 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter