Distance from SSR to parks vs. OKW

kteach

Earning My Ears
Stayed at OKW a couple of years ago and really liked it. Thinking of trying SSR just for something new. Same price, like the closeness to Disney Springs. But what about the distance to the parks? We will have a rental car but it looks a lot further? Also does traffic near Disney Springs make it hard to go back and forth from parks?

If you plan on going to DS at night then try SSR nothing beats walking back to a resort. For driving to the parks OKW may save you 5 minutes.

The difference in time from SSR to the parks vs OKW to the parks is probably a couple of minutes. SSR would take longer.

OKW is closer to EPCOT Center Drive but the resorts are almost next to each other. I agree with the above post you might save 5 minutes by being at OKW. We never had an issue with the DS traffic. You are actually going the opposite way and can avoid the section of Buena Vista Drive that gets crazy.

We have stayed at both and the difference is negligible. Of course, you can walk to DS at SSR but take the boat from OKW. The villas at OKW are the biggest, but SSR are spacious, too. Enjoy!

OKW and SSR are pretty much right next to each other. Only a couple of miles or two from each respective main entrance. So driving or taking transportation to the parks in terms of time isn't really much different between the two. You can walk to DS from both, but SSR is a significantly shorter walk. However, you can always take the boat shuttle from OKW.

We stayed at both resorts on our last trip. They are literally right next door to each other. The distance is negligible. OKW may save you a couple of minutes to Epcot or Studios. If you use the back roads, you may get to Magic Kingdom quicker from SSR. I had the choice of either resort for our next stay and chose SSR, but I love them both for different reasons.

We stayed at SSR in December. I can't see the travel distance to be more then a few minutes at the most. As we passed OKW everytime we headed to the parks. I agree being able to walk to Disney Springs was a treat. I think you will be happy with SSR. Was always a little hesitant to stay there, and I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!