disquest with 6 yo boy?

jenniejones0

Earning My Ears
Is it worth the cost to go thru DisneyQuest with my 6yo video game junkie?

How long do you spend in it? Are you playing games like at ChuckECheese or what?

I would love some advice on this.

This is so funny and tells you how tired I am, i read the post, "disgust with a 6 year old!!! Yep, been there done that one. Sometimes it's now it's "disgust with a 11 yr old boy" Oh well. We are doing Disney Quest for the first time this trip with a 11 year old boy, so I can't help much but expect that that he would enjoy it quite a bit!!!!

Jordan's mom

My DD8 and DS5 LOVED DisneyQuest. Acutally, I think DH enjoyed it just as much too! It is 5 floors of games and interactive things that make Chuck E Cheese look like baby stuff. (No coupons spit out afterwards though) DD enjoyed the Mighty Ducks Pin Ball game where players stand on these round platform thing that each player moves with his body. Each player is represents one of the balls in the pinball machine. DS liked some karate game. We also did a interactive rafting deal where we sat in a raft with oars that had wheels attached to the bottoms. After we were situated, the 'water' was inflated below us. The 'water' moved as if we really were on the rapids. We followed the path on the screen in front of us and tried to manuever the raft accordingly. DS kept forgetting to paddle. The people waiting in line become your audience as they are standing behind you.

My only complaint was that I never saw a CM just walking the floors. Some people (young kids especially) forget there are other people waiting for a turn too.

We had it included with our ticket. I don't think we spent more than 5 hours there over 3 days - we just didn't have the time to stay longer. But you can easily stay for 4 hours at one time.

Anyone who enjoys arcades and the like will be in heaven. Lots to do for all ages.

Thanks for all the input. I was thinking about going there the day we arrive and so we would only have about 2hrs to do the Quest. With that in mind, can you get enough out of it in just 2hrs. and is it worth it?

Because DisneyQuest was included with our tickets, it wasn't an 'extra' expense. So it really depends on what tickets you have/are getting or if you want to pay the extra money.

My kids would say it was worth the extra money, but doesn't money grow on trees?? 2 hours will go by fast.

Good luck.

If you do nothing else at DisneyQuest eat there! Best fast food on property. It is all made fresh in front of you. The pasta is delish!

I was going to make a ressie at the Rainforest Cafe. Is it nearby? My friend said her kids love that place.

I've never been, but I've heard it's more for older kids. It's has 4 or 5 stories and can be difficult tracking the kids.

We were thinking of going there too for the first time, the boys are 3 & 5, how much does it cost to get in there if it is not included in your ticket? Would the 3yrold be able to do anything?

That raft ride sounds great!

You'll have a great time. The one thing that I have to warn everyone about is the Cyberspace Mountain. My DH and I went by ourselves..25 and 26 and we thought we had created a great roller coaster. We got up there and it was rated a 4 (the top being a 5 rating.) We were diappointed so the CM asked if we wanted to try a 5 that Disney had made. It kick our little tushies!! I mean really and truly..we were sick for the rest of the day! I go on all roller coasters all the time, but I think becuase you are not feeling the wind in your face..it is a little different.

I don't think they would offer it with a six year old anyway, but jsut in case..don't do it!:earseek:

...ILUVTINKERBELL...

I dunno about a 3yo. I might not have seen everything, I didn't do the raft ride for example, but from what I could tell, you have to be a little older to be able to do a lot of the attractions well.

I also might be a little skeptical becasue my DS2 turning 3 there is afraid of almost everything...so I might not be the best judge on that. Like I said, when I was there..it really looked like you had to be older to participate well.

HTH

Thanks. My ds 3 is also afaid of alot but is willing to try if big brother does, kwim? I think we are going to go over to DTD and DQ the first day that we get there just to unwind. Thanks for the heads up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter