Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are staying at the YC Sept 25-Oct 1...we will be arriving late (plane is supposed to land at 8:30pm at MCO) via the magical express. We usually have the magical express handle the luggage, but since it will be late...I was wondering if we should get our own luggage from baggage claim and bring to the ME? Any thoughts? Thanks! My first post...

I'll be there at the same time! :-)

At the airport delayed. The plane took off then landed within 20 minutes. They said something is wrong with the door. Apparently they are fixing it and we are due to leave at 1250. We initially took off at 810 am.

I'm about to cry. DD9 is about to melt into the ground.

I already pushed back our splash fp. I'm hoping we make it in time for BOG dinner.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you make it for dinner.

You guys are not going to believe this!

Last night we were at BC for DD's Sweet 16 photo shoot. DH said he really missed the EPCOT side so went in to see if we could switch. Both sides said no openings. So he switched us to BWI. FAST FORWARD TIL TODAY. We just didn't get that warm, fuzzy feeling her so we walked over again to beg for a room

Long story short- we are checking into a YC WV room tomorrow until Aug 31!

See you all real soon!!!!

Just out of curiosity, What didn't your DH like about BWI? I'm thinking of switching to BWI from YC next April, but I am so nervous. We love YC but I really wanted new rooms(who knows when they will be starting the room refurb), and I kinda wanted to try the BWI. My parents are coming with us and they have never stayed at a Deluxe, we usually do Moderates. Unfortunately, we will not be doing that again. The last few times we have stayed at Moderates have been not so great.
I am also concerned with not getting a full balcony, I know BWI and BC have either no balcony(BWI) or the Juliet balcony(BC). Ugh, I wish they would start the room refurbs at YC, I wouldn't be so nervous about switching. LOL

Ah, that must be a change since they moved to the new location. When they were in the older theater we went in a different door and were able to set up front. We used a FP earlier this month but we were not early, doors were already open when we got over there so I didn't know it was different.

Based on the comment above probably not but worth it also depends on is there something else you'd use your FP on. It's not necessary but if you gotta have something for that 3rd one it's as good as any other.
Thanks for the tip!

At the airport delayed. The plane took off then landed within 20 minutes. They said something is wrong with the door. Apparently they are fixing it and we are due to leave at 1250. We initially took off at 810 am.

I already pushed back our splash fp. I'm hoping we make it in time for BOG dinner.
Oh no!! GOOD LUCK!!

May your travels be safe and I hope you are here in time for dinner. May the rest of your vacation be so wonderful that you forget how it started!

I'm so sorry! At least they caught the problem right away and are addressing it. It could be much much worse. I hope this is the only bump in your vacation and you are able to have a wonderful dinner at BOG.

When we were there last week it opened at 9:00 am :)

Thank you, thank you, Thank You Dina for answering this question. For being so helpful you win a basket of puppies!

p789191995-3.jpg

It's a laundry basket because Ninja Mom is on a low budget...

~NM

They are bringing in a new plane but we won't leave until about 3. The plane gets here at 225.

With that came another voucher for $100 each so basically my flights were free.

This is so frustrating but better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad they caught the issue.

Idk about BOG. We will go to the podium if we are late and beg but if not I made an "insurance" ADR for our last day just in case of something like this.

They are bringing in a new plane but we won't leave until about 3. The plane gets here at 225.

With that came another voucher for $100 each so basically my flights were free.

This is so frustrating but better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad they caught the issue.

Idk about BOG. We will go to the podium if we are late and beg but if not I made an "insurance" ADR for our last day just in case of something like this.
Crossing fingers and toes you make it. We've had a bit of luck begging when running a bit late (past the 15 min grace period) and had success. They don't like to disappoint people right there in their face if they can help it. Get DD to use the best puppy dog sad eyes she can muster

Quick question about Memory Maker if you don't mind...

I was just on the WDW site and was about the purchase the MM for our November trip. I second guessed myself since in the Terms & Conditions, it states that MM expires 30 days after first use.

Can I purchase this ahead of time (like our Annual Pass vouchers that I have to redeem at Guest Relations) and the clock doesn't start ticking on MM until we get there and start using it on the first day of our trip? :confused3

Thank you for the info!

Oh no what a pain..I'd be having panic attacks spraying my rescue remedy away to calm me down - fingers crossed you arrive in time for dinner! Safe, speedy flight wishes.

I was just on the WDW site and was about the purchase the MM for our November trip. I second guessed myself since in the Terms & Conditions, it states that MM expires 30 days after first use.

Can I purchase this ahead of time (like our Annual Pass vouchers that I have to redeem at Guest Relations) and the clock doesn't start ticking on MM until we get there and start using it on the first day of our trip? :confused3

Thank you for the info!

That's correct yes, 30 days from 1st day of use.

Mi vida, since you are stuck at the airport I thought I would make you feel better and share my strategies for being stuck at the airport with kids.

The first rule is you have to keep the kids occupied so they don't drive you crazy. This means that you need games and distractions to get you through your wait. NM likes to send her kids on a scavenger hunt. I tell the kids that I have hidden a twenty dollar bill in one of the bathrooms at the airport and the first one that finds it gets to keep it. This will keep my kids busy for about a half an hour until they realize that they are all boys and that Mom has probably hidden the $20 in the ladies room. P.S. If you see a bunch of teen boys trying to sneak into the ladies room they are probably mine.

The next game we play is hide and go seek but this one only lasts 5 minutes because my kids know to automatically go to the airport bar to find Mom.

Then there is the teen boy feeding frenzy that seems to occur every hour on the hour. Usually I just buy a jumbo sack of burgers and toss them at them from a safe distance. If you hear snarling and gnashing of teeth at the airport my boys can't be far away. Now that their bellies are full now is the time that I rely on my electronic Mother's helper. I pass out the electronic devices with the threat that if there is any fighting all of us will be forced to listen to Disney Park's music like one big happy family. After shooting the boys a pleading look this is the point where my husband tells us he has to go to the men's room but he really sneaks off and sits in another airlines waiting room.

I hope your airport wait is way more relaxing than the one that I experience with my family. You'll be here before you know it so good luck and try not to worry. Be sure to book a bounce back or a magical deal so you can use that airline credit!

~NM

I still haven't gotten my room text yet. I did online check in with 11 am arrival. Someone else here at the airport received her text.

I'm so stressed at this point.

We got lunch vouchers and I'm at the bar. It's all I've got at this point.

Thank you for the info!

That's correct yes, 30 days from 1st day of use.
To expand on it further. It's 30 days from the day you do your first download. Not from the day photos are taken.

What are we thinking about Erika? Driving from nj on Friday. Didn't do on line check in. Would you do it? I have some requests (next to family, by elicit door, upper level). Is it too much to ask? Would u call or do on line check in or do in person? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter