Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We stayed at the Yacht Club in 2013, lovely resort, but kinda wanna try out the Beach Club next go around. And you know, the Yacht and Beach Club is probably the only Disney resort complex that we could go for a few days and just relax and keep the kids entertained without stepping one foot into the parks. And don't get me wrong, I love SAB just as much as the kids. If I could own at any DVC in Disney, it would be at the Beach Club, no doubt.

I can't get through to United but am working on it. The flights this Saturday have not been cancelled so that's good news. Just have to watch things.

Have your tried Twitter?
https://twitter.com/united/with_replies

I've never contacted United on Twitter, but perhaps it's worth a try. I heard that the Houston airports are opening on Saturday, but, of course, the aircraft have to get back into place. Sending positive vibes for a smooth trip!

Have your tried Twitter?

I've never contacted United on Twitter, but perhaps it's worth a try. I heard that the Houston airports are opening on Saturday, but, of course, the aircraft have to get back into place. Sending positive vibes for a smooth trip!

You read my mind as I sent them a DM and a tweet about 30 minutes ago. Great minds think alike :)

I posted this on the Parks board but wanted to know if anyone here knows the cost of the caricature pictures. My sister wants me to get one of her dog for her while I am at WDW next week. Also, is there an artist in all the parks? I Googled it but couldn't find much information after 2015. Only 2 days to Disney and 3 to YC!!!

We had one done of our dog at the Wilderness Lodge and it was around $50.
Harry 2017 1.jpg

Last edited:
Probably a good investment when doing the store stop on the way to the resort. The only resort that has great TP is GF, unless it has changed in the last couple of years. The rest of the deluxes have something less than acceptable--I am definitely a Charmin loyalist!

We just checked out of the GF today after a 4 night stay and was at YC for 5 nights before that. Both had really cheap, terrible toilet paper. I was surprised for deluxe resorts that they put that low grade toilet paper in.

For anyone worried about the weather. PLEASE DON'T. We just checked out of GF after staying a total of 9 nights at YC/GF. When we first arrived I was so discouraged about the weather. In the 10 days we were here, I put on our ponchos 2 times and both those times it was for a short time. Even at times we were here the weather was showing 80% chance of thunderstorms for numerous days and it made it look like it was going to be all day events. It barely rained at all. I will never believe another weather report from Florida again, they are just so unreliable. The times it did rain, it was just for a short period of time. Don't worry!

For anyone worried about the weather. PLEASE DON'T. We just checked out of GF after staying a total of 9 nights at YC/GF. When we first arrived I was so discouraged about the weather. In the 10 days we were here, I put on our ponchos 2 times and both those times it was for a short time. Even at times we were here the weather was showing 80% chance of thunderstorms for numerous days and it made it look like it was going to be all day events. It barely rained at all. I will never believe another weather report from Florida again, they are just so unreliable. The times it did rain, it was just for a short period of time. Don't worry!

The other thing to remember is the forecast you see is for Orlando, which is a big place. It's not the forecast for Walt Disney World only. Some part of Orlando may have had rain, but just not on property.

Have your tried Twitter?

The responded to my Tweet in a direct message! Told me flights will not be affected. Now we watch old Irma out in the Atlantic :eek:

Page 1007-1009

Are there any Thanksgiving week veterans in this group. We are going that week for the first time and staying at the YC for the first time, too. I'm curious whether to book FP+ in late morning early afternoon to be able to get a 4th one, or is the likelihood of getting another not really there and we should book late afternoon ones when it is super crowded? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bumping this!

I have not stayed Thanksgiving week, so I don't really have any experience to draw on.

:goodvibes

Thank you! 4557 is a nice room and what a balcony! Wonder why YC only has 2 of these rooms...hopefully they have a full balcony, v.s. a Juliette.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. January?

I don't know anything about these rooms, but I'm pretty sure you will be all set with a full balcony. There are limited rooms at the YC with either smaller or no balcony.

Probably layout reasons behind these rooms- The Beach Club Deluxe Rooms are all in the same section, on different floors so for some reason these rooms are bigger than the standard ones, so Disney can charge more!

::yes::

We've had the same problem at BWI for our last 3 or stays. Plenty of carts in the hall but not a housekeeper to be seen. They usually showed up at our room as we were getting ready for dinner so we just took towels & skipped the cleaning. This was the pattern every day over our 8 day stay.
Ugh, was hoping it was better at YC as we are thinking of staying here next trip.

:welcome: to the thread.

Let us know if you book over here.

:thumbsup2

Excited to be doing our first stay at BC in April! Just booked CL for 4/16-4/20, doing a split stay with WL. Booked the flights today. Kids are excited of course:)

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

I've been disapointed with the room discount availabilities with the general and then AP offers. They have like no rooms available! I keep checking and finally got one for the BC today! So, I upgraded from POFQ! Can you can put down for 10/29 - 11/2? Thanks! So much easier to stay there during F&W.

YAY!!!

I'll add you to the list.

Hi, can you add us to BOG please, we arrive on the 12th of November & leave on the 23rd.

You bet!

:cool1:

**************************************************************************************************

@natebenma - "Your" animals must totally love you because I swear Sky is smiling in your selfie - just like the pig, Dave!

Pretty much my interaction with the animals is bringing kids around to pet and feed them, so yes, they have a reason to smile when they see me!

:hyper:

I forgot to add another reason why our animals are so happy. They are all rescues who will be with us for the rest of their lives- they have come from all different backgrounds and they seem to know that their lives are so much better at the farm than they would be otherwise- 'specially the pigs!

Here's a couple of pictures of the crowd favorite, Roger

Here he has an alfalfa moustache- he just finished some hot mash

WP_20161202_034.jpg

Roger.jpg

Haha! Kid...get it? I see what you did there, Dee. Very sneaky!

Glad you enjoyed that. I have so many corny jokes that I use while I am working.

My favorite spiel is "We have 2 pigs, 1 horse, 1 donkey, 5 goats, roosters and a lot of sheep. I don't know how many sheep because every time I try to count them, I fall asleep!"

:cat:

I'll use that when I interview to be a skipper on the Jungle Cruise Ride.

Last edited:
Page 1010-1011

I have been stalking the Disney site every day at least twice a day waiting for a Gardenview to open up at YC. I already had the SVCL booked there, but with the reports of no turn down service (or by request only), not so friend CL CMs, and the closing of the lounge throughout the day- I just didn't want to be disappointed.

Well this morning at 5 when i looked- there it was Gardenview for my dates !! I am only 2 weeks out so i could not modify online and i had to wait until 6 am my time to call and get it changed. I changed it and the CM said that if the cost was less then i would have to pay a $50 change fee. Well, I knew about that and so i added the dining plan which made my total be $59 more than my previous CL reservation.

You guys don't know how happy this makes me. Even though I now will have to make a couple of more dining reservations. I consider that a plus because i now won't feel like i have to be in the lounge to partake of what is offered there.

I totally would have kept my reservation the same if this Garden view did not open up-i want to be close to EPCOT- But I am so happy it did. (maybe Disney released more rooms since the special offer ends tomorrow?) Anywhooo, See ya in 2 weeks!!

(btw Beach Club and Boardwalk now had availability this morning where as they had none before)

That's wicked smart!!! Thanks for letting us know.

:thumbsup2

YC Nov 4-11 confirmed!!! I've had a reservation for a while but was never able to add a discount. Magically rooms became available for part of the trip (Nov 8-11) and I was able to snag that and guest services modified my original reservation. It wasn't a huge savings but I had pretty much given up on getting any discount so it made my day when it all worked out. The only issue is that I am not guaranteed to stay in the same room. Any tips on increasing the odds of not having to change rooms on the 8th?

Great!

I'll change your listing from temporary virtual ink to the permanent type.

::yes::

Dee we will be back at BCV aug 2-11 2018. Please add us to the BOG list! Thanks!

Will do!

:woohoo:

Most, but not all, rooms at YC have a balcony or patio. That is not the case for BC--some have tiny Juliette balconies, some have a door that opens but no balcony, just a barrier rail (I've had one of these little buggers before), some have a full balcony, some have a patio and some have neither.

Any chance you have a picture of the little bugger from the inside looking out?

Page 1012-1014

Can someone kindly point me in the direction of the Sunkin Treasure recipe I know I've seen on here before? I checked the first few pages of the thread but can't seem to find it. We check in tomorrow and I just read that they were removed from the menu at Hurricane Hanna's :sad: While I'm sure most of the bartenders would know how to make it I don't want to take any chances!! I can't imagine a BC stay without a Sunkin Treasure :sad2:

Thank you in advance :thanks::worship:

Have a fantastic trip and enjoy a Sunken Treasure (or two) for all of us!

Room 238 One Bedroom Lockoff Villa

Thank you so much for the great pictures!

I subscribed to your trip report, but who knows when I will have a chance to read and respond. Mine from October 2016 is dying of neglect over there!

:laughing:

New pillows today at BC. 2 soft, 2 firm per queen bed.

I can't believe I'm posting about pillows, but I had been thinking every night that they were too thin and soft (until this afternoon). Even that I'd bring my own next time. Not now - I like the new firm pillows.

I know someone here who wanted the brand last year, so I'll include that: Sobel Westex is the brand. "Sahara Nights Firm" and "Sobella Soft."

Thanks so much for the report about the pillows!

:banana::banana::banana:

Booked a last minute Labor Day weekend trip at BC Club Level! Can't wait!!

Hope you have a magical trip!!!

:cheer2:

Thought about doing a short three night stay next year, resort only, no parks trip, and enjoying SAB and Disney Springs. Got to looking at when some of the lowest prices were and Mousesavers has after July 6, some of the lower end rack rates. I was kinda surprised with that. That would work well, as the kids are still out of school, the weather would be what I would need and maybe my TA will have some agency exclusives then.

I guess the summer months are becoming less popular at Disney now.

Let us know if you book here!

:cool2:

One week away until we arrive!! Hope our flight through Houston doesn't get cancelled :(

Do I have your dates wrong? I have you arriving Sept 16.

:confused3

We had one done of our dog at the Wilderness Lodge and it was around $50.
View attachment 266066

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

That is adorable!!!

:dogdance:

@natebenma - One day we'll take a "field trip" to Boston and make our way over to the rescue farm to meet these happy animals...and maybe even you, too!

That would be awesome! We have families from home school groups come for our programs. We have classes for students of all ages- Day at the Farm, an archaeology program that is excellent, something about immigration and a historical fiction program. We take the kids into the 300 year old manor house and talk about different parts of the farm and the people who lived there.

:teacher:

LOL! I'm in the same boat! I buy the "good stuff" for me and the cheap stuff do the boys!

We just checked out of the GF today after a 4 night stay and was at YC for 5 nights before that. Both had really cheap, terrible toilet paper. I was surprised for deluxe resorts that they put that low grade toilet paper in.

With all of the recent potty paper talk here, and a week of horrid thin TP on the Carnival Legend, I asked Teena about what to expect on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, prospects are not much better there. I would bring my own roll, but I'm afraid that maybe that isn't good for their "system" whatever that system is.

:scared:

PHEW!!!

All Caught up on posts and the Be Our Guest list.

But don't expect it to last... the ship in my ticker is about to clear the palm trees and come h*ll or high water (let's hope for neither), Teena and I will be sailing away on the Fantasy a week from tomorrow.

Please check the list to see if I have your trip information listed correctly

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

We moved up a week due to work conflicts, after staying at Boulder Ridge Villas for 2 nights we will be at the YC CL for 5 nights Sept 9-14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter