• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Keep your eyes and ears open. We were at the YC CL last year the exact same time period and I was able to amend my original reservation to include a Disney Plus discount of 35 percent. You never know.

We got lucky and booked it with a bounceback offer from our April trip! Particularly exciting because we tried so hard to find availability at the BC during our April trip with the spring discount and despite checking daily for months - nothing! We tried the Wilderness Lodge for the first time and it was lovely, but there is nothing like Crescent Lake.

In the past, I have requested the exact room I wanted and received it 2 out of last 3 times we have been to Disney. The last trip in November I received a room 2 doors down. My request was a WV room. If you know the room number let us know and a poster may know the room classification. It’s great when we have a room area we love.
What method did you use to make your room requests?

What method did you use to make your room requests?
Since I had club level, I asked signature services for room 5227, king or any room from 5217 down to 5231. I also made the same request on MDE app chat. They always tell you they can’t guarantee request but so far it’s worked for me. The time I did not get my room request, I got a room next to the lounge and elevators. Didn’t sleep that night. I asked the CL manager to move us in the early morning based upon what we were experiencing, she moved us the next day to my original room request. Now I know I was lucky but we were booked for 11 days so 9 of them were in the that we requested and she had that request in the queue she was looking at and that the guest that had that room were leaving. So it does pay to request what you want. And Disney does have a record of it. In 12 or so trips over the years I have been very lucky. And the older we get it’s getting more important to get the room or the area of rooms we would like. We do like to get beers or wine with apps from the CL lounge and sit on the balcony.

We have moved our 2025 trip to the last week of October so we can use SAB (we had originally booked for May). I'm a little nervous about crowds over Halloween since we will be there the 26-Nov. 1, but I am hoping it will be worth the tradeoff! We thought about changing resorts and keeping the May dates, but our last BC stay was in 2018 and we have stayed at a few others since then because of discount availability... there is really nothing that compares! We have missed it every time.
The last week of October is our favorite time to go to WDW because the weather is usually very good. We haven't experienced huge crowds, either. Most fall breaks are earlier in the month. And a lot of families want to be home for Halloween. :)

The last week of October is our favorite time to go to WDW because the weather is usually very good. We haven't experienced huge crowds, either. Most fall breaks are earlier in the month. And a lot of families want to be home for Halloween. :)

This is so helpful to know! When I was talking with the kids to see if they would be disappointed to miss trick or treating (if it meant being in Disney!), their response was... there are treats and costumes at Disney!! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter