Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Did anyone switch over from a MK resort and regret it later? We've always stayed closer to MK, I don't know if I'm ready to switch, but the kids probably are!!
We have missed the BC when we have stayed in the MK resort area, but we have never missed the MK area when staying at the BC. The MK area has the great views and easy access to MK, but access to the other three parks is much, much better at an Epcot area resort. And being able to walk to two parks and lots of restaurants is a major benefit, too.

They are really two different kinds of vacation experiences. Both resort areas have devoted fans. There is no "best" option. They both are good. :)

Just so I'm keeping it relevant- how long after the park closes do the buses to YC/BC stop running?
Buses will run for at least an hour after park closing, but they won't leave people stranded at a park if they linger longer than an hour. There is a "clean up " bus that will collect the stranglers and deliver them back to their resort. :)

We have missed the BC when we have stayed in the MK resort area, but we have never missed the MK area when staying at the BC. The MK area has the great views and easy access to MK, but access to the other three parks is much, much better at an Epcot area resort. And being able to walk to two parks and lots of restaurants is a major benefit, too.

Agreed, we stayed at the Poly, went for breakfast at Cape May on day 2 and spent day 3 onwards at BC :D

Hello all! My family is booked at the Beach Club for our upcoming trip. We have not been to Orlando since 1996! We have a pool or lagoon view booked that is not club level (meaning access to the club concierge correct?), but I think it is at least on the 5th floor. Can anyone confirm that and give me an idea which part of the resort our rooms might be in? Balcony size and possible fireworks views? What the heck is the lagoon? I cannot locate a lagoon on the map. Is it the Lake? Any info anyone is willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

This is probably more of a personal problem than anything haha, but we'll be staying in a Studio villa for a week starting next Friday (!!), and we're taking our 13 month old for the first time. We'll be taking advantage of the pack n' play. Unfortunately, we're going to have to play it by ear as to how late we stay out since he has never stayed up past his bedtime. In the event we end up putting him to bed earlier than we'd like to go to bed, it would be nice if we could separate him somehow so we can take showers, watch tv, etc while he sleeps peacefully.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this situation? If only there was a curtain dividing the room like DCL!

Hello all! My family is booked at the Beach Club for our upcoming trip. We have not been to Orlando since 1996! We have a pool or lagoon view booked that is not club level (meaning access to the club concierge correct?), but I think it is at least on the 5th floor. Can anyone confirm that and give me an idea which part of the resort our rooms might be in? Balcony size and possible fireworks views? What the heck is the lagoon? I cannot locate a lagoon on the map. Is it the Lake? Any info anyone is willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
I think only club level (lounge) rooms are on the 5th floor. Lagoon/pool views are views of Stormalong Bay or Crescent Lake (lagoon). Some rooms have full balcony and some have only standing balcony. You can request a full balcony when you do online check-in. Not sure if any of the lagoon views can see the fireworks or not, but you can see them from Stormalong Bay.

I think only club level (lounge) rooms are on the 5th floor. Lagoon/pool views are views of Stormalong Bay or Crescent Lake (lagoon). Some rooms have full balcony and some have only standing balcony. You can request a full balcony when you do online check-in. Not sure if any of the lagoon views can see the fireworks or not, but you can see them from Stormalong Bay.

So basically any of the rooms facing the lake I guess. I will make sure to request a large balcony with the online check in. Thank you!

So basically any of the rooms facing the lake I guess. I will make sure to request a large balcony with the online check in. Thank you!

The pool/lagoon view rooms can also overlook the pools, not just the lake.

Buses will run for at least an hour after park closing, but they won't leave people stranded at a park if they linger longer than an hour. There is a "clean up " bus that will collect the stranglers and deliver them back to their resort. :)

They will also send you back to BC/YC on a bus if you're at DHS after the boats stop running for the night. Earlier this month, DH and I had a private bus ride back to BC following our end-of-night ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In. It was kind of fun...

This is probably more of a personal problem than anything haha, but we'll be staying in a Studio villa for a week starting next Friday (!!), and we're taking our 13 month old for the first time. We'll be taking advantage of the pack n' play. Unfortunately, we're going to have to play it by ear as to how late we stay out since he has never stayed up past his bedtime. In the event we end up putting him to bed earlier than we'd like to go to bed, it would be nice if we could separate him somehow so we can take showers, watch tv, etc while he sleeps peacefully.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this situation? If only there was a curtain dividing the room like DCL!
I am not familiar with the studio villas, but having shared a room with a year old, I would say you will likely be just fine. Request a patio or balcony. Chances are your lo will be able to fall asleep in the stroller prior to returning home. My kids always fall asleep during fireworks! If you do return to the room and do bedtime early, pull the nice dark shades, and step outside for a bit. You can relax until lo is asleep. WDW is the one place where my kids have been able to fall asleep with no routine, lights on, people in the room. It is so stimulating, just knocks them out! I was super nervous to share a room our first time, as we never had, but now, 5 in a room is one of my favorite parts of the vacation. There is no where else we do it, it is like a giant sleepover.

Last edited:
You can grab a cab at the front entrance of the resort and it will have you at Disney Springs in 10 minutes. Probably cost around $15. Uber would be less expensive.

I caught a cab from Beach Club to Disney Springs today. The fare was $10.20, plus factor in tip. The drop-off point was at Cirque du Soleil, which wasn't the most convenient (but okay). The driver told me they used to have multiple places to drop off, but that now it has to be by Cirque.

We were never checked in December. There was sometimes a CM at the gate by the pool bar, never a CM at other entrances, and when I asked about paper bands, I was told there are now CMs making the rounds scanning bans, so leave your band on. No one ever asked to scan our bands. I am curious if this was a temporary or permanent change. Last year, same time period, we did get scanned at entry and paper bands. ...

I was also surprised to not be checked at the pool yesterday.

I am not familiar with the studio villas, but having shared a room with a year old, I would say you will likely be just fine. Request a patio or balcony. Chances are your lo will be able to fall asleep in the stroller prior to returning home. My kids always fall asleep during fireworks! If you do return to the room and do bedtime early, pull the nice dark shades, and step outside for a bit. You can relax until lo is asleep. WDW is the one place where my kids have been able to fall asleep with no routine, lights on, people in the room. It is so stimulating, just knocks them out! I was super nervous to share a room our first time, as we never had, but now, 5 in a room is one of my favorite parts of the vacation. There is no where else we do it, it is like a giant sleepover.

No need to request a patio or balcony. All Villas have them

I caught a cab from Beach Club to Disney Springs today. The fare was $10.20, plus factor in tip. The drop-off point was at Cirque du Soleil, which wasn't the most convenient (but okay). The driver told me they used to have multiple places to drop off, but that now it has to be by Cirque.

Thank you for both pieces of information. The cab fare to (and more importantly, from) Disney Springs is worth every penny. And I suspect Uber would even be less! Good to know about the single stop there.

edited:

Resort guests should let the recreation staff know if they think it is important for the CMs to consistently check that guests are staying at the resort before admittance to Stormalong Bay, particularly during times of the year when the resort is fully booked and the pool is busy. I know that at this time of year, crowding is not really an issue, but I don't like to hear this is happening.

:fish:

Last edited:

Could you please tell me where you were dropped off at by Cirque? I was over at the transportation forum also, trying to pinpoint where we would be let out
Wanted to Uber over to Cirque and need to know if we will need to take my moms scooter (if not too far she can make it with cane)
A helpful poster said we would be dropped off by the path that leads to the checkerboard sidewalk. Was this your experience also?

Tomorrow I will be at the Beach Club! Looking forward to this surprise trip for my grandchildren. The poor little ones think Nana and Poppa are going back to Disney again without them. I cannot wait to see their faces at the airport, especially little Oliver! He told me last night he wants to come with me to see Pluto!

Tomorrow I will be at the Beach Club! Looking forward to this surprise trip for my grandchildren. The poor little ones think Nana and Poppa are going back to Disney again without them. I cannot wait to see their faces at the airport, especially little Oliver! He told me last night he wants to come with me to see Pluto!

OMG thats so sweet, can't wait to hear all about it. I always wanted to do that to my kids, but never kept it a secret...lol!! Can you tell....what did you pack to wear? This is my first trip in January and I am from NY we leave Monday and I am stressing...I don't like sneakers so I have loafers and sandals. I packed layers, but not really a coat, sweaters and button down shirts with capris...any ideas?

Could you please tell me where you were dropped off at by Cirque? I was over at the transportation forum also, trying to pinpoint where we would be let out
Wanted to Uber over to Cirque and need to know if we will need to take my moms scooter (if not too far she can make it with cane)
A helpful poster said we would be dropped off by the path that leads to the checkerboard sidewalk. Was this your experience also?

I don't remember anything about a checkered sidewalk, and I'm a bit hesitant to say if it's close enough, as I wasn't thinking about it in those terms at the time. As the Disney Springs curves around to Cirque, if you walk from Disney Quest past Cirque (such that Cirque is on your left), the drop-off point was directly at the end of that sidewalk. It seemed pretty close to me. Do you know if Uber uses the same drop-off point as taxis?

I hope you enjoy the show!

Page 765

Sorry for getting behind here again, and thanks as always to everyone who helps out with answers and feedback on a timely basis!

:grouphug:

I might be a little behind, but does anyone have an idea of how disruptive the refurb of the pirate ship slide might be later this month? SAB was one of our primary reasons for booking at BC for the first time, and I know the pool will still be open, but it seems like they'd have to block off some space around the slide, and not just the slide - no?

I've been there when they've done similar refurb to the slide and it is minimal disruption. The "dump off" point in SAB will be closed which is not a very big portion of the pool. There will be scaffolding in the walkway under the slide but will not disrupt walkers or surrey bikes. There may be some noise from the sanding they're doing but not too terrible.

Thanks for the detailed description ^^^ I haven't been at the resort during a time when the pool or slide is being worked on, so I don't have first-hand knowledge of the impact of the refurbishment work. But Stormalong Bay has 3 separate pools- the shallow sandbar area, what I call the "main pool" and lazy river complex and then the activities pool/slide exit. Depending on the scope of the work, that third pool may or may not be closed while the slide rehab is happening.

Have a great trip!

:fish:

Does any current guest at the YC have any updates on the status of construction/room refurb project?

BUMP! Great question- I'm curious too. Does anyone know if all or parts of the 5th floor/Regatta lounge are currently open? Still waiting to hear how the refurbishment work will be done- floor by floor, wing by wing or something else.

:magnify:

We are finally staying in the Beach Club Villas at the end of the month, so excited. I apologize if this is covered already. What's the procedure for getting into storm a long bay. All of us will have magic bands. My elderly mother has requested not to use a band and rather get a card at check in. Not a fan of new technology and I am not going to argue. Can she show her Key to the Kingdom card? Are they able to scan that similar to magic bands? Also, will we get the paper bracelets to come in and out or do we need to show our bands each time? Just want to be prepared!!! Thank you!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the January Be Our Guest list.

Others have replied to your inquiry that yes, your mother should be able to get the traditional key card.

:goodvibes

I am down to just 4 more days!!! So excited to go. I am hoping to meet up with Teena, who will also be visiting at the same time. Cannot wait to see the looks on my grandchildren's faces when they get to the airport.

Have a great trip, my friend. What an incredible surprise for the grandkids!

Please share hugs all around from me!

:grouphug:

OMG...I would love to hear more about how Teena is doing....sending my hugs to her and family!!

How sweet of you to be thinking of Teena, Jeanne and Lily.

I am in frequent contact with Teena. She is glad to be with her girls and is keeping busy with her Nanny Grading business, helping out teachers with the huge volume of paperwork that is part of being an elementary school teacher. She misses Florida, and working at Disney and seeing all the friends she has made throughout the years. As Kerry mentioned, she will be in the World next week and has two more trips with Lily planned in the coming year. She also hopes to be booking a cruise with a special (and grateful) friend sometime in the near future.

:sail:

We just booked the BC for October 7-15, I'm so excited. It will be my Mom, my 11 year old son and I. We can't wait!

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Some questions that I'm not sure I'll find seatching through this thread....

We're looking at the deluxe studio -- does that have 1 or 2 bathrooms? We're making a possible switch from the Poly and the studios over there has 2 bathrooms.

Did anyone switch over from a MK resort and regret it later? We've always stayed closer to MK, I don't know if I'm ready to switch, but the kids probably are!!

:welcome:

I haven't stayed at an MK resort, so I can't offer any feedback about pros and cons. I think if you go to Post 16 of this thread, there are some review and possibly links to comparisons that guests have made between BC/YC/BCV and other resorts.

You may also find some helpful links or pictures in the BCV posts on Page 1. Posts 10 and 11.

:thumbsup2

OMG thats so sweet, can't wait to hear all about it. I always wanted to do that to my kids, but never kept it a secret...lol!! Can you tell....what did you pack to wear? This is my first trip in January and I am from NY we leave Monday and I am stressing...I don't like sneakers so I have loafers and sandals. I packed layers, but not really a coat, sweaters and button down shirts with capris...any ideas?
I am bringing capris, one pair of jeans, a couple cardigan sweaters for the cool mornings and evenings and a light jacket. We are originally from Massachusetts, but live in Tennessee now. Our weather has been very nice lately, so no heavy coats for us!! I usually wear slip on Keds and sandals on my feet.

I am shocked my son has kept a secret for this long. He is like a little kid about Disney. My daughter is watching their dog for them and he has told the kids Marley is having a sleepover tonight at Auntie Suzy's house. The kids all think they are having a special family day tomorrow and will be gone all day. The kids are 7,4 and 2. Friends of theirs are coming too and they don't know that either. The Nashville airport should be fun tomorrow morning!,
Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter