Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is an awesome thread! We are staying at WL for the first time this fall (Sept. 17-22). It will be just my youngest (who's 8) and me for a special mommy/son trip and I can't wait! I've been doing my homework and trying to figured out what room to request. We have a courtyard view booked. From what I can tell, the following look like good options for a pool/lake view: 5145, 5147, 5149, 5151, 5153, 5155, 5157, 5159 (or I suppose the same rooms but on the 4th floor). Does anyone have personal experience staying in any of these? Am I hitting the mark as far as location?

PS: If there is already a thread on courtyard view rooms that someone could point me to that would be great! I tried searching but didn't find anything specific on that topic. Thanks! :)

Welcome! WL is a great resort and this is a super thread.

I am concerned about your room number selections though because they all seem to be in the south wing which is under construction. Once it does reopen the rooms will likely be reconfigured. We have stayed in a similar section on the north wing and enjoyed the room. We were on the sixth floor which in that part of the resort is the top floor and has enclosed balconies but still a nice view. I am thinking of odd room numbers in the x015 to x031 range where x is the floor number.

Overall though you won't do bad with a courtyard view room and any of them should have at least somewhat of a lake view.

Here is a thread with room view photos: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wilderness-lodge-room-view-photos.1941097/

Happy planning!

Welcome! WL is a great resort and this is a super thread.

I am concerned about your room number selections though because they all seem to be in the south wing which is under construction. Once it does reopen the rooms will likely be reconfigured. We have stayed in a similar section on the north wing and enjoyed the room. We were on the sixth floor which in that part of the resort is the top floor and has enclosed balconies but still a nice view. I am thinking of odd room numbers in the x015 to x031 range where x is the floor number.

Overall though you won't do bad with a courtyard view room and any of them should have at least somewhat of a lake view.

Here is a thread with room view photos: http://www.disboards.com/threads/wilderness-lodge-room-view-photos.1941097/

Happy planning!

Thanks so much! I am terrible with directions and not ever having been there I'm trying to get oriented to the resort. Thanks for your help :)

But they still have to be listed on the reservation, correct?

For fire code purposes, I think so. They want to have an accurate count/list of who is staying there. That's what I've been told at other hotels anyway. I always list my son. But they don't count against room occupancy. When I searched for rooms, king bed rooms were bookable for me.

Wow, this is an awesome thread! We are staying at WL for the first time this fall (Sept. 17-22). It will be just my youngest (who's 8) and me for a special mommy/son trip and I can't wait! I've been doing my homework and trying to figured out what room to request. We have a courtyard view booked. From what I can tell, the following look like good options for a pool/lake view: 5145, 5147, 5149, 5151, 5153, 5155, 5157, 5159 (or I suppose the same rooms but on the 4th floor). Does anyone have personal experience staying in any of these? Am I hitting the mark as far as location?

PS: If there is already a thread on courtyard view rooms that someone could point me to that would be great! I tried searching but didn't find anything specific on that topic. Thanks! :)

We were in room 5011, 5013 or 5015...I can't remember right this minute...And it was an excellent room. We had a side view of the lake, and it looked out over the pool and the waterfall. At night, we could lay on the bed with the door cracked and listen to the waterfall. We didn't stay like that all night, but it was a good way to settle in for the evening. In the mornings we'd open the balcony door and listen to the boat horns and the waterfall. It was really very nice.

If you go to Touring Plans, they also have photos of different room views, if you don't find what you were looking for in the thread.

Now that there are only about 23-24 CL rooms remaining on the 7th floor, does anyone have an idea of how many of these are bunk bed rooms? I am trying to figure out what my chances will be of getting a bunk. TIA!

They don't. . .unless they changed that within the last year. Also, if you do have questions about the Villas (many of which the very knowledgeable people here could likely answer), please feel free to come over to the other thread. Just be aware it's still listed as (and always shall be under my watch ;)) being VWL Lovers. pirate:
No laundry baskets when we were there last month.

Hello all! Just back from a last minute trip to the Wilderness Lodge last week. I just wanted to share my thoughts with all on this board because i learned so much great info and want to pay it forward. I have stayed at the Poly, AKL, CBR and Fort Wilderness Cabins. The Wilderness Lodge is by far my favorite I ever stayed at!! Every time I walked into the front entrance from the first to last time I looked up in awe in the atrium!! Just spectacular!! All CM's were amazing! Ate at the roaring fork and enjoyed it. Transportation was spot on! We had a standard view and when we saw our actual view...there was a castle in it!!!!! It took our breath away!! Loved seeing wishes every night!! Construction did not bother us at all and we were right over it. We also had the loading dock and smoke house right next to us and was no issue. We were in room 4034. Picture below is of our view. We loved it so much we booked a bounce back for the fall as there is so much we didn't get to do! I hope this helps future guests as you all have helped me!!TPV.jpg

The Wilderness Lodge is by far my favorite I ever stayed at!! Every time I walked into the front entrance from the first to last time I looked up in awe in the atrium!! Just spectacular!! All CM's were amazing! I hope this helps future guests as you all have helped me!!
My sentiments, too. Something about the Lodge resonates in us even as were driving down Timberline Drive. And when we step into the lobby, we're transported to our second "home." Thanks for sharing!

We were in room 5011, 5013 or 5015...I can't remember right this minute...And it was an excellent room. We had a side view of the lake, and it looked out over the pool and the waterfall. At night, we could lay on the bed with the door cracked and listen to the waterfall. We didn't stay like that all night, but it was a good way to settle in for the evening. In the mornings we'd open the balcony door and listen to the boat horns and the waterfall. It was really very nice.

If you go to Touring Plans, they also have photos of different room views, if you don't find what you were looking for in the thread.

Oh wow, that sounds awesome! I saw a *great* view from 5015 on the thread that @GrandCalifornian provided the link to, so that is now what I'm shooting for (or one of the rooms to either side) when I make my request. Thank you both for your help!

:disrocks:

Ok, two weeks out and I just changed to this resort!!!! A standard view for $225 a night. My daughter wanted to stay here. What are my best options for a location with a standard view?

Thank you. Kind of stinks a three year old counts towards occupancy. I understand but not the same as having all adults in one room. Wish there was something for under 10 rules. Having to get another room for 1, blah. Lol guess one more year and I don't know what we will do. I've been spoiled by poly and WL. I don't know if I can go backwards. But the 2 bedrooms are pricey.

Are all the "bear face" rooms closed off now or just half of them like the rest of the Lodge?

Thanks!!

Thank you. Kind of stinks a three year old counts towards occupancy. I understand but not the same as having all adults in one room. Wish there was something for under 10 rules. Having to get another room for 1, blah. Lol guess one more year and I don't know what we will do. I've been spoiled by poly and WL. I don't know if I can go backwards. But the 2 bedrooms are pricey.

Well, kids do get to stay in the room "free." More than 2 adults in a room incurs a nightly fee (I think it's $25 per adult). If a person takes up a space in a bed (which a 3 year old does), they have to count against room occupancy. Most 3 year olds are too big to sleep in a pack n play.

Ok, two weeks out and I just changed to this resort!!!! A standard view for $225 a night. My daughter wanted to stay here. What are my best options for a location with a standard view?
Wow! Great price for the lodge these days! I thought I was doing fairly well at a little over 300, but realize my ressie is during spring break time.

Poly room capacity is 5, as are the studios at VWL (I guess that should be Boulder Creek) and deluxe rooms at WL have capacity for 6...The studios often run about $50 to $100 more than courtyard view, and sometimes are cheaper then CY view or CY view bunk beds.

They also should have studios in the south wing in the year or so, so you'd be in the main building.

I'm leaving Feb. 5th for WL, but can you tell I'm already starting to price out my next WL trip in 2018/2019 :earsboy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter