Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are arriving 2/4 and I received an email saying the new restaurant will be open.

That's odd, we are arriving 2/5 and I received an email but it didn't say anything about the new restaurant being open. It talked about the construction, but it doesn't mention anything about the new restaurant.

Update on our November vacation, we decided to split into 2 SV rooms and bump our dining plan up to include table service meals. The dining plan will make up for no longer having club access. :(

In order to get adjoining rooms do we need to connect Disney directly or can that request be made online?

Update on our November vacation, we decided to split into 2 SV rooms and bump our dining plan up to include table service meals. The dining plan will make up for no longer having club access. :(

In order to get adjoining rooms do we need to connect Disney directly or can that request be made online?

I would definitely call and I believe you can do it at online check in as well. I would not make any other requests just in case.

I posted this question on the CL thread, but this one seems to be more active. I'm confused about the available room views for CL. Can someone describe the options (you couldn't specifically book anything special - I think they all say standard CL). It seems there are only 24ish non-deluxe CL rooms. I would like a room with bunk beds but I am not sure when to request that (is that an online check in thing)?

well we are all settled in to the 6th floor and our MK view is SPECTACULAR. I honestly can't believe it. All I can really compare it to is the view from the Poly CL lounge since our room at the poly was garden view. Anyway, it's amazing and wicked close, I would share a picture but my phone can't do it justice. Daughter vomited on the airplane and then proceeded to continue on our whole magical express ride to the resort... all contained thanks to large garbage bag from the terminal but I still feel terrible. Poor kid, poor fellow passengers. Completely no warning she was totally fine all day today. I have never been so thankful for direct to room! Can't wait to check out the resort more tomorrow, I was fairly distracted walking through the lobby but my son was going bananas over everything! Thank you for the view/room tips, gang, they did not disappoint!

Do you mind telling me which room number you are? I'd like to make a request for our upcoming March trip. Thanks!

Are all king room at the WL accessible? I booked a king room last night online but do not want an accessible room.

That's odd, we are arriving 2/5 and I received an email but it didn't say anything about the new restaurant being open. It talked about the construction, but it doesn't mention anything about the new restaurant.

pt

spacer.gif

January 2017

Dear

Welcome Home!

We are excited you have chosen Disney's Wilderness Lodge as your vacation destination and look forward to sharing the magic of the Pacific Northwest with you.

We are pleased to share our latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill, will be open during your stay while Roaring Fork, our quick service food and beverage location, and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Please be aware of the alternative quick service dining options that will be available for your enjoyment:

bullet.gif
Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrees, a gourmet burger, sandwiches and salads. Kids' meals will also be available.

bullet.gif
Territory Lounge is now offering a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.

Additionally, refurbishment work will continue taking place throughout the Resort. To ensure you are best able to plan your visit, please be aware of the following impacts:

bullet.gif
While we work our magic, you will notice construction in all areas. Noise may be heard throughout the Resort while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from inside your Guest room until after 9:00am daily. Views of the surrounding wilderness may be altered and certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The new balance® RUNNING TRAIL will remain open for your enjoyment.

bullet.gif
The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact Disney Vacation Club® Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for being a valuable member of Disney Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Thea Sargent
General Manager of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Reservation #:
Arrival Date: February 4, 2017
To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add DisneyNotifications@experience.disneydestinations.com to your email address book or safe list.

CMRWDW-14-35417
©Disney
spacer.gif

How long are you guys staying? We are only there until Feb 11.

pt

spacer.gif

January 2017

Dear

Welcome Home!

We are excited you have chosen Disney's Wilderness Lodge as your vacation destination and look forward to sharing the magic of the Pacific Northwest with you.

We are pleased to share our latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill, will be open during your stay while Roaring Fork, our quick service food and beverage location, and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Please be aware of the alternative quick service dining options that will be available for your enjoyment:

bullet.gif
Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrees, a gourmet burger, sandwiches and salads. Kids' meals will also be available.

bullet.gif
Territory Lounge is now offering a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.

Additionally, refurbishment work will continue taking place throughout the Resort. To ensure you are best able to plan your visit, please be aware of the following impacts:

bullet.gif
While we work our magic, you will notice construction in all areas. Noise may be heard throughout the Resort while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from inside your Guest room until after 9:00am daily. Views of the surrounding wilderness may be altered and certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The new balance® RUNNING TRAIL will remain open for your enjoyment.

bullet.gif
The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact Disney Vacation Club® Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for being a valuable member of Disney Vacation Club. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Thea Sargent
General Manager of Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Reservation #:
Arrival Date: February 4, 2017
To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add DisneyNotifications@experience.disneydestinations.com to your email address book or safe list.

CMRWDW-14-35417
©Disney
spacer.gif

Are there any food options (even just snacks) after midnight in June? Our first night is a very late arrival.

Hmmm... That has me wondering if they are closing Roaring Forks on the 12th. I think I will call and ask...

I called...the dining CM said Roaring Fork is open as usual Feb. 5th-11th. It appears it doesn't close until the 12th, at the earliest. At least according to the CM I talked to. We will see in a few weeks I guess :earboy2:

As an aside, the old Soarin' music was the hold music, and I was like, don't pick right now, don't pick up right now...I made it through the whole thing, and didn't even care about being on hold that long :thumbsup2

I've been searching this thread for an hour I'm staying there next weekend. I'm not concerned about the construction views/noise. But is it true that the main elevators are closed/not available? Should I make a room request to avoid walking a million miles to my room?

I've been searching this thread for an hour I'm staying there next weekend. I'm not concerned about the construction views/noise. But is it true that the main elevators are closed/not available? Should I make a room request to avoid walking a million miles to my room?
If by main bank of elevators you mean those across from the Mercantile and guest check-in desk, then yes. Since that whole wing of the Lodge is being renovated, those elevators are, indeed, closed until the work is finished. The only available rooms will be in the north wing (WCC side).

If by main bank of elevators you mean those across from the Mercantile and guest check-in desk, then yes. Since that whole wing of the Lodge is being renovated, those elevators are, indeed, closed until the work is finished. The only available rooms will be in the north wing (WCC side).

And the elevators on the north wing are in operation.

We just changed our ressie to a Deluxe club level room. Excited to try their club level. We've done club level at GF, Poly, BWI, YC, and BC in the past.

What floors are the deluxe rooms on? I have read that they don't have any on Floor 7.

I requested a higher floor. We shall see what I get. hahahaha

..........What floors are the deluxe rooms on? I have read that they don't have any on Floor 7.

I requested a higher floor. We shall see what I get. hahahaha
The Deluxe rooms with CL access are located on floors 1-6, there are 2 per floor. They are located at the very end of the north hallway. Since the 7th floor does not extend all the way to the end of the main lodge, there are no Deluxe rooms actually located on the CL floor.

Dave

Call the Main Reservations line with the 2 confirmation numbers and have the CM link the 2 reservations as "traveling with". Then make a single request on each reservation to be adjoining or connecting. See below.

Adjoining = Close to each other. Directly next to, directly across the hall, or a couple doors down.
Connecting = Directly next to each other with an interior door connecting the 2 rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter