• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

First, I want to just say this thread is full of useful info. I've been follong alon for the past few weeks as we are staying in a Royal rokm for our first visit to WDW.

This has probably been covered and I tried to search but what is the appx travel time from resort to thw parks? Say MK? If we get on the bus at the east or south stop how long will it take to get to there?

Do the Mansions have basic standard rooms other than the Royal Standard? I have a standard and requested Mansions.

Do the Mansions have basic standard rooms other than the Royal Standard? I have a standard and requested Mansions.

Acadian and Magnolia buildings are non-Royal mansion rooms. Oak and Parterre buildings are the Royal mansion rooms. If you did not book a Royal room, then Acadian and Magnolia (as well as everything in AB) are available for assignment to you.

We will be staying at POR for the very first time in June - 53 days out!! I've heard such wonderful things about POR, so I can't wait to experience it first hand. This is a wonderful thread full of great information. I'm starting to research options for room requests, so I'll be looking back through this thread for help. We booked a preferred room through the Chase portal using our UR points. Is anyone here familiar with this process? I'm wondering if there is a place through MDX where I can see our "preferred" room designation. The email I received from Disney only specifies it is a room only package, but does not denote the room type. I can't seem to locate a room type anywhere in MDX either. I'd appreciate any insight you guys might have as to where I can find this information.

EDIT - Sorry....I totally jumped the gun on this post because I just located the "Preferred" notation when I looked at my reservation for the hotel in MDX. I was looking at the booking through My Itinerary instead of the hotel reservation specifically and didn't see it so I got nervous. LOL

I know that there is a coffee maker in the room, but is there cream and sugar as well? Can I get that from the food court?
Also which building is preferred in the Royal Room section?

My reservation is for a garden view "passholder only" room. I've found descriptions for every type of room except that.

Any idea what I can expect, especially with regard to numbers of beds? We'll have 3 adults and a 9 year old in the room

I know that there is a coffee maker in the room, but is there cream and sugar as well? Can I get that from the food court?
Also which building is preferred in the Royal Room section?

Here's a pictre that @andrewilley posted about the coffee makers in the rooms. There's a little "condiments" package there. I guess open it up when you get into the room to make sure you have what you want. If you need something, then go to the food court.

POR-Room-ABrefurb-1416-2012-6713_forum.jpg

Regarding the preferred rooms in the Royal Sections, officially, that is a contradiction. There's no such thing as a "Preferred Royal Room" As for which you prefer, that's up to you. Oak is a little closer to the lobby and Ol Man Island. Parterre is at the corner of the resort, but closer to FQ.

My reservation is for a garden view "passholder only" room. I've found descriptions for every type of room except that.

Any idea what I can expect, especially with regard to numbers of beds? We'll have 3 adults and a 9 year old in the room

Garden View: These rooms offer pleasant views of the gardens, courtyards (including water features and fountains), landscaping or bayou — but NOT of the parking lots. Garden View rooms can be located in any of the buildings EXCEPT for Preferred Locations. If your in the Mansions section you will have 2 queens. If your in the Alligator Bayou section you will have 2 Queens and a Murphy Bed.

Garden View: These rooms offer pleasant views of the gardens, courtyards (including water features and fountains), landscaping or bayou — but NOT of the parking lots. Garden View rooms can be located in any of the buildings EXCEPT for Preferred Locations. If your in the Mansions section you will have 2 queens. If your in the Alligator Bayou section you will have 2 Queens and a Murphy Bed.

Is there anything special about a "passholder only" room? Or is it just a room that's been reserved by someone who owns an AP?

I have a question. I stayed 2 weeks ago at POR and we are going tomorrow for a MK day only trip with a dinner at BOG at 4:10. I wanted to have a nice big breakfast to hold us over until dinner. Is it possible to park at POR for breakfast (the food options were endless and even dare I say healthy) even though it's not a reservation dining in the AM?
We did during our last stay! Although we were offsite, we went to all Disney restaurants for all meals because of my husband's allergy issues. They were awesome everywhere we went.

Here's a pictre that @andrewilley posted about the coffee makers in the rooms. There's a little "condiments" package there. I guess open it up when you get into the room to make sure you have what you want. If you need something, then go to the food court.

Regarding the preferred rooms in the Royal Sections, officially, that is a contradiction. There's no such thing as a "Preferred Royal Room" As for which you prefer, that's up to you. Oak is a little closer to the lobby and Ol Man Island. Parterre is at the corner of the resort, but closer to FQ.
I realize that there isn't an official preferred section for Royal rooms. I was curious which building people generally prefer, as in closest to the lobby, quietest... etc.
Thank you for all the information.

I realize that there isn't an official preferred section for Royal rooms. I was curious which building people generally prefer, as in closest to the lobby, quietest... etc.
Thank you for all the information.

You'd be surprised the number of people who book a Preferred Room, and actually end up disappointed that they're now ineligible for a mansion building. That was why I made that point. They actually thought the Preferred Rooms were the mansions.

Personally, if I ever booked a Royal Room, I might ask for the north side of Oak. It just seems out of the way enough to stay quiet, but close enough to everything.

What's the difference between a royal room and a garden view room. I just booked a garden view room for October...is the only difference the price and the décor? My friends and I will seriously only be in the room to sleep and will be out at the parks all day. I'm trying to figure out if I should change our room or not...

Can anyone tell me if POR has already put up fences around their quiet pools, and if so, is there only one gate, or do they have a couple of gates to accommodate guests coming from different areas? I've been looking at rooms on Touring Plans, and see a room with an outside table nearby that would be a nice place to eat a quick breakfast, but not sure how accessible it would be if the pools are fenced.

This is the area I'm eyeballing... :magnify:
https://cdn2.touringplans.com/static/room_views/ORL015/3525.JPG

What's the difference between a royal room and a garden view room. I just booked a garden view room for October...is the only difference the price and the décor? My friends and I will seriously only be in the room to sleep and will be out at the parks all day. I'm trying to figure out if I should change our room or not...

Royal rooms just refer to the decor; see post #5948 for a description of a garden view room.

Can anyone tell me if POR has already put up fences around their quiet pools, and if so, is there only one gate, or do they have a couple of gates to accommodate guests coming from different areas?

Yes all the quiet pools are now fenced, but there are several gates and you can access them at any time (they are not locked at night).

Andre

Has anyone recently purchased a case of water from Fulton's? I was wondering how much they're charging and the case size. Arrive next Saturday and it looks like we're avoiding a grocery order this year but we'll still need some bottled water.

I appreciate any responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter