Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello fans of POR! I'm currently researching all the moderates for an upcoming trip and would like to get some opinions.

What are the main reasons you choose POR over POFQ?

Family of 5 so that automatically outs us there but I love the theme there so much more! A little more understated.

My son (7 at the time) loved the Murphy bed at the poly. I hope we get an AB room so we have the little bed again. Although this time baby sister might fight him for it.

bus to DS

Just FYI, unless I am mistaken, POFQ also has the bus to DS, just as POR also has the boat. Unless that was a typo and meant to read "boat to DS" for both resorts :)

I've only stayed at POR (but we've made up our mind that "next time" will be at POFQ). Either way, the walk from one to the other to use the food court (or the sit down restaurant at POR) is nice and leisurely.

Just FYI, unless I am mistaken, POFQ also has the bus to DS, just as POR also has the boat. Unless that was a typo and meant to read "boat to DS" for both resorts :)

I've only stayed at POR (but we've made up our mind that "next time" will be at POFQ). Either way, the walk from one to the other to use the food court (or the sit down restaurant at POR) is nice and leisurely.
Yes. I meant boat. Thanks for correcting

Can someone recommend a mansion bldg for me to request, the map has me a little confused. I don't mind a little walk to the bus/cup refills, and would enjoy a view of the river, if possible. Our reservation says "garden view". So I'm not sure what to ask for that is included in our price. We will only go to French Quarter one time to check it out, so it's ok if we'really not close to that walkway. We also won't do a lot o swimming... maybe once or twice if at all.

Can someone recommend a mansion bldg for me to request, the map has me a little confused.

You would be better asking for what you want, rather than a specific building. The buildings are quite large and some rooms are much better located than others, even within the same building. If you a determined to ask for a building though, Magnolia Terrace would probably be better.

Andre

You would be better asking for what you want, rather than a specific building. The buildings are quite large and some rooms are much better located than others, even within the same building. If you a determined to ask for a building though, Magnolia Terrace would probably be better.

Andre
Okay, thank you. In my request I can just say "river view near bus stop?" That would be ok?

Okay, thank you. In my request I can just say "river view near bus stop?" That would be ok?

Well, river view is a separate booking category (you said you booked garden view), but you can definitely request to be near the bus stop.

Last edited:
So excited after almost ten years at different resorts we are heading back to Riverside on our next trip!

I miss the Aligator Bayou, water wheel, a few bus stops and not just one.

So excited after almost ten years at different resorts we are heading back to Riverside on our next trip!

I miss the Aligator Bayou, water wheel, a few bus stops and not just one.

That's what keeps me from staying anywhere else. I know I'd miss it!

hi everyone. Booking our first vacation to Disney for early November and staying at POR

My question is- is it worth the upgrade for a garden or preferred room? It will be me wife and a 8 and 6 year old

Thanks

hi everyone. Booking our first vacation to Disney for early November and staying at POR

My question is- is it worth the upgrade for a garden or preferred room? It will be me wife and a 8 and 6 year old

Thanks
My sense is that the board will tell you that, yes, it's worth it if you have the means.

You can google Port Orleans standard view, Garden View, preferred, etc and see what the views are like. Touring Plans has views from all he rooms, but you may have to have a membership to touring plans to see them.

Preferred gets you closer to the food court and main hub of the resort. Garden View gets you looking at some foliage instead of the parking lot you would see with a standard view. Is it worth an extra $20 per night? I don't know.

Thanks

Worth it is always a subjective question. Some will always say yes, others no. The best we can do is describe the advantages of the upgrade for you to work with.

A standard view will give you the parking lot out your window. Will the headlights/cars driving bother you? On the first floor, you may get more people able to look in your window.

Garden view will give you looking at the landscaping outside your window, and, especially on the first floor, give you more a sense of immersion and privacy, than a standard view.

Preferred room will give you rooms in the buildings closest to the main building (food court, guest services, and first bus stop). There are 4 bus stops, and any category could give you a room near a bus stop. All preferred rooms are in alligator bayou.

I suggest you look at www.portorleans.org and look at the maps to see what buildings are considered preferred. It is possible to get a parking lot view in a preferred room.

Thanks

IMO, one gets more "value" from the Preferred category because you're close to the main building for drinks, food, the boat to DS, and it's a short walk to the front desk if you're experiencing any problems. Being close is also easier on the kids.

All of the rooms have walkways in front of them. People will often have the curtains drawn to protect their privacy, so a view isn't as utilized at mods and values.

We chose SV because we'll have our car and it will be a short walk to the room from the lot. I guess we could drive to a space closer to the main building, instead of walking, if it became necessary. One thing I'm going to request is a corner room. This gives you two windows and less foot traffic in front of the door.

Thanks

We don't spend enough time in our room to make the upgrade worthwhile, we have chosen garden just because it was such a minimal increase from standard.
We never choose preferred because our boys love to walk back to our room at the end of the night, it definitely relaxes them before bedtime, they have asked me to request one of the buildings at the 'back' of the resort (24 or 28 ideally) so they can walk as far as possible!

We are booked for a royal room, standard view. Royal rooms are limited to two buildings located close to the main building so I can't see upping the category any more, with it being a moderate we won't have our drapes open any how

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter