Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We are currently booked at a different resort. I'm want to change and book here. We have never stayed at Riverside so I would appreciate some insight.
Where would you stay? We are considering Magnolia
What is the advantage of a preferred room?
Realistically, how far is the walk from Magnolia to the food court?
Anything extra you can share would be appreciated.
TIA
Our family does prefer the mansions over AB, but really have no issues if we were put in the AB section. The only way to guarantee being in the Magnolia area is to reserve a Royal room category, else all you could do is request it. Also, I do not know how many are in your party, but if you have 5 you will automatically be put in the AB section. Preferred rooms are all located in the AB section and the advantage is that the buildings are all near the lobby/FC. The walk from the Magnolia section to the FC can be anywhere from a few minutes up to maybe 8 minutes depending on where your room is located.

We stayed preferred back in 2013 and were in AB14-- it was less than 40 seconds from that building to the food court. If I remember correctly, back then anyhow, only the AB rooms were preferred -- so if you prefer the genteel mansions versus the rustic bayou - take that into consideration.

Tom

I did that last year. It was awesome! I refilled my mug a lot more and wandered around the store a lot more! I was recovering from an injury, so it was much more than I had even hoped for. Yes, they are all AB rooms, but that doesn't bother me. I love that section too!

We are a family of 5 but when we go our youngest will be a month shy of turning 3. We want a murphy bed for her, will they put us in a room with a murphy bed or because she is considered an "infant" will we need to make a special request and what are the odds it will be met? Thanks!

We are a family of 5 but when we go our youngest will be a month shy of turning 3. We want a murphy bed for her, will they put us in a room with a murphy bed or because she is considered an "infant" will we need to make a special request and what are the odds it will be met? Thanks!

I would request Alligator Bayou, and given the situation I would be surprised if they did not meet your request as she will be too old for a pack'n'play (which would be the only other option).

Andre

First time post, but I’ve been a lurker for about 9 months researching our trip for June 2018.

Yes, I have the exact dates I want to go in June 2018 – we are bound by kid’s school schedules, comp soccer schedules, and birthdays. We are looking at 11 nights from June 12-June 24, 2018.

We are a family of 5, so I have figured out that our resorts choices are Port Orleans – Riverside or Caribbean Beach. I like the theming at Riverside the best, so mom and planner gets to pick :).

My 499 days hits at the end of January 2017 to book a room only reservation. I do want to get tickets too, but making sure that a room at Riverside is top priority for me.

Last spring 2016, I played around with the Walt Disney website checking availability for Riverside and there was always a room available.

When the 2017 packages hit the website in mid-June it looked like the weekend of June 22-25, 2017 got booked immediately. I thought that it was a website issue and called reservations to check and yes, all the Alligator Bayou rooms were booked. I have checked the site numerous times since and for some reason that weekend is booked for both Riverside and Caribbean Beach too.

Does anyone know what is happening the weekend of June 22-25, 2017?? Is it an event that will impact 2018 too?

I’m worried that if I wait until June 2017 to book my June 2018 trip that I may not get the availability I want at Riverside. Rooms at Riverside and CBR are cheap in comparison to hotel rooms in San Francisco/San Diego so getting a discount would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

If I book a room only reservation can I buy tickets through Underground Tourist and still be able to book by Fastpass+ at 60 days out? I think it’s really dumb that I can’t just add tickets to my room reservation without having to make a completely new reservation as a package.

Thanks for reading my long post and rambling thoughts…I know that it’s best to wait for deals and not book up rooms, but a family of 5 in WDW has limited options.

First time post, but I’ve been a lurker for about 9 months researching our trip for June 2018.

Yes, I have the exact dates I want to go in June 2018 – we are bound by kid’s school schedules, comp soccer schedules, and birthdays. We are looking at 11 nights from June 12-June 24, 2018.

We are a family of 5, so I have figured out that our resorts choices are Port Orleans – Riverside or Caribbean Beach. I like the theming at Riverside the best, so mom and planner gets to pick :).

My 499 days hits at the end of January 2017 to book a room only reservation. I do want to get tickets too, but making sure that a room at Riverside is top priority for me.

Last spring 2016, I played around with the Walt Disney website checking availability for Riverside and there was always a room available.

When the 2017 packages hit the website in mid-June it looked like the weekend of June 22-25, 2017 got booked immediately. I thought that it was a website issue and called reservations to check and yes, all the Alligator Bayou rooms were booked. I have checked the site numerous times since and for some reason that weekend is booked for both Riverside and Caribbean Beach too.

Does anyone know what is happening the weekend of June 22-25, 2017?? Is it an event that will impact 2018 too?

I’m worried that if I wait until June 2017 to book my June 2018 trip that I may not get the availability I want at Riverside. Rooms at Riverside and CBR are cheap in comparison to hotel rooms in San Francisco/San Diego so getting a discount would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

If I book a room only reservation can I buy tickets through Underground Tourist and still be able to book by Fastpass+ at 60 days out? I think it’s really dumb that I can’t just add tickets to my room reservation without having to make a completely new reservation as a package.

Thanks for reading my long post and rambling thoughts…I know that it’s best to wait for deals and not book up rooms, but a family of 5 in WDW has limited options.

Couple of things. You can book a room only by calling 499 days out. So on February 10th, 2017 you will be able to make a reservation at POR for your dates. Since it's a room only, you only have to put a deposit down of 1 night. Now because the rates for 2018 will not have been released yet, your deposit will be the equivalent of the most expensive night of 2017.

You most definitely can purchase tickets directly from WDW without making your reservation a package.

If you do purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist, yes you can link them to your My Disney Experience account and be able to make FP+ reservations at 60 days out.

Disney normally releases the following year's room inventory and prices around the middle of the year (June-July time) and you can book on the website from then. However if you call the reservations center on the phone prior to that, you will most likely be able to reserve the room category you want, but they won't be able to confirm the final price at that point. You may even be able to do June 2018 now, worth a try anyway. It can be cancelled if you change your mind, so nothing to lose by trying.

And yes, if you have a family of five (all aged 3+) you will automatically get an Alligator Bayou room when you arrive.

Andre

Last minute trip here! LEAVING TOMORROW! I have a few questions if anyone can help me.

1. Does the food court still do BYO Pasta?
2. What is the bus route?
3. Any tips or tricks for newbies at POR? How long is the walk to POFQ, that is the only place for beignets right?

Last minute trip here! LEAVING TOMORROW! I have a few questions if anyone can help me.

1. Does the food court still do BYO Pasta?
2. What is the bus route?
3. Any tips or tricks for newbies at POR? How long is the walk to POFQ, that is the only place for beignets right?

1. Yes, see http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php.
2. Varies, but mostly West > North > East > South. See http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php
3. Yes, POFQ is the only place for beignets. The walk depends on where within Riverside you are located, but it's about 10 mins from one main building to the other:

Andre

Hi All! I just booked out trip and we'll be staying at Riverside for the first time. We are two adults and currently have a standard view room. Where will we likely be placed? My quick search looks like Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House. Is that accurate? Can anyone who has stayed there give me some feedback? Thanks!

Hi All! I just booked out trip and we'll be staying at Riverside for the first time. We are two adults and currently have a standard view room. Where will we likely be placed? My quick search looks like Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House. Is that accurate? Can anyone who has stayed there give me some feedback? Thanks!

There are standard rooms in Alligator Bayou as well, so really, you could be placed anywhere.

We're planning a Feb / March 2018 trip for me, my husband, and our will-be-just-shy-of-4 year old daughter. I'm leaning heavily towards POR. I'd prefer the Mansion rooms over the Bayou rooms, but I wouldn't be heart broken either way. This is our first trip ever to Disney (for any of us) so any info / insight / tips / tricks / well wishes would be FABULOUS. I have a feeling I'll be in this thread (or any other POR threads you'd like to point me towards) often!!!

We're planning a Feb / March 2018 trip for me, my husband, and our will-be-just-shy-of-4 year old daughter. I'm leaning heavily towards POR. I'd prefer the Mansion rooms over the Bayou rooms, but I wouldn't be heart broken either way. This is our first trip ever to Disney (for any of us) so any info / insight / tips / tricks / well wishes would be FABULOUS. I have a feeling I'll be in this thread (or any other POR threads you'd like to point me towards) often!!!
If you have the money, I would get a royal room. I think your daughter would like it plus they put you close to the main building

You can also book a room at 499 days out if you have dates in mind it might be worth locking in depending with winter recess and poss Easter

Are you able to get things shipped FROM the hotel?
We are travelling from Australia and have to send back our mobile hotspot device.
I remember something about only some hotels have this option.

If you have the money, I would get a royal room. I think your daughter would like it plus they put you close to the main building

I wouldn't suggest getting a regular Royal Room if you are specifically looking for proximity to the main building as that room category includes some of the most remote parking-lot view rooms on property. However Royal POOL VIEW rooms are a good way to guarantee that you will be placed in a room fairly close to the footbridge that leads from the royal area straight over to the main building and South bus stop.

Are you able to get things shipped FROM the hotel?

Yes you can get things shipped from the hotel, ask at the front desk or in the store. They may even be able to find you a cardboard box for you to pack your stuff in.

Andre

Yes, basically anywhere that overlooks a parking lot.

Thanks guys - I had seen that if you were 5 people you would automatically be placed in Alligator Bayou so I figured our chances there weren't great. Can anyone tell me about Alligator Bayou? Did you like it? Upgrading is probably not an option...I have a deal through an agent and standard was all they had. Im going to keep checking for other discounts and would consider upgrading if the price difference wasn't too big. We don't really have a problem with walking...so distance from the main building isnt an issue for us.

Thanks guys - I had seen that if you were 5 people you would automatically be placed in Alligator Bayou so I figured our chances there weren't great.

I'm confused by this. Are you saying that your group is less than 5 so that you thought you wouldn't get Alligator Bayou? There are too many AB rooms for them to be held aside just for groups of 5, and I've gotten AB as a solo both times I've stayed at POR - once without requesting and once with requesting.

I'm confused by this. Are you saying that your group is less than 5 so that you thought you wouldn't get Alligator Bayou? There are too many AB rooms for them to be held aside just for groups of 5, and I've gotten AB as a solo both times I've stayed at POR - once without requesting and once with requesting.

Yes, sorry that was confusing. We are just two. Do you prefer alligator bayou or the mansions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter