Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Here's a question. If I walk across the bridge to Art of Animation, and get a drink at the Drop Off Pool Bar, can I walk it back to Pop and have drinks at Pop's pools? I know the Petal Bar is open, and it's a bit of a hike, but it looks online like the Drop Off has more of a selection. Is that frowned on?

Here's a question. If I walk across the bridge to Art of Animation, and get a drink at the Drop Off Pool Bar, can I walk it back to Pop and have drinks at Pop's pools? I know the Petal Bar is open, and it's a bit of a hike, but it looks online like the Drop Off has more of a selection. Is that frowned on?
Absolutely can do.

Cool,groovy.

They are shelf-stable liquid.

View attachment 679623
Question from a non-American, how do you make a coffee with creamer? I assume the machine pours the shot, then you add just one serve of creamer? It's hard to understand because where I live, you use probably a 200ml of hot milk with a shot of coffee - and so if you're only adding one tiny serve of creamer, won't the coffee be really small, cold and strong? (Sorry for my ignorance! I am just curious!)

Question from a non-American, how do you make a coffee with creamer? I assume the machine pours the shot, then you add just one serve of creamer? It's hard to understand because where I live, you use probably a 200ml of hot milk with a shot of coffee - and so if you're only adding one tiny serve of creamer, won't the coffee be really small, cold and strong? (Sorry for my ignorance! I am just curious!)

You add a cup of water to the reservoir in the machine. You put the coffee package into the machine and the hot water drips through the coffee (machine quickly heats the water up). You pour as many creamer packets as you want into the coffee. They are room temperature and most people add 1-2 but I have seen people add even 4 or more little packets of creamer. Some people add a packet or two of sugar or artificial sweetener. Voila coffee your way! Lol

Question from a non-American, how do you make a coffee with creamer? I assume the machine pours the shot, then you add just one serve of creamer?
Or you add more than just one serve of creamer. You can use as many as you like.
It's hard to understand because where I live, you use probably a 200ml of hot milk with a shot of coffee - and so if you're only adding one tiny serve of creamer, won't the coffee be really small, cold and strong? (Sorry for my ignorance! I am just curious!)
Yes. If you only add one tiny serve of creamer the coffee would be really small and strong. But room temperature creamer may cool the hot coffee slightly, but it will not be cold.

These in room coffee makers and creamers are not a substitute for an excellent cup of home made hot cafe au lait - it really is just a quick, easy way to get some caffeine.

These coffee makers usually make somewhere around 6-12 oz. of coffee (so around 175-350mL). It's not a shot of espresso.

Is something going on with Pop? I'm trying to book a few nights on the tail end of a conference trip and it's like, not showing availability at all for the Fall. Am I crazy or do I have something selected that I'm not seeing? I'm looking for Weds 9/14 thru Sat 9/17.

Edit: I'm realizing that Pop is just really popular and I should have booked when I was looking a few weeks ago. Oh well!

Last edited:
Is something going on with Pop? I'm trying to book a few nights on the tail end of a conference trip and it's like, not showing availability at all for the Fall. Am I crazy or do I have something selected that I'm not seeing? I'm looking for Weds 9/14 thru Sat 9/17.

Edit: I'm realizing that Pop is just really popular and I should have booked when I was looking a few weeks ago. Oh well!

Pop is often selling to capacity 6+ months in advance, often longer. It's the most popular value resort now that it has the Skyliner and the proximity of rooms to it.

It's good to keep watching as people's plans change but the earlier you can book, the better.

Pop is often selling to capacity 6+ months in advance, often longer. It's the most popular value resort now that it has the Skyliner and the proximity of rooms to it.

It's good to keep watching as people's plans change but the earlier you can book, the better.

Yeah, I'll check every day to see if it pops up. I booked AoA in the meantime since my main goal is to be on a Skyliner route.

These coffee makers usually make somewhere around 6-12 oz. of coffee (so around 175-350mL). It's not a shot of espresso.
Wow! Ok, it finally makes sense! I was imagining one shot of coffee, so it would be tiny! Now I understand, thank you so much and sorry for the silly question!!

Question... One of the paraprofessionals who worked with me this year is taking her daughter for the first time next mongh and they're staying at Pop. She's got a 7:30 breakfast ADR at Topolino's. Will the skyliner be running early enough to get her there or would she need to take a Lyft/Uber?

Question... One of the paraprofessionals who worked with me this year is taking her daughter for the first time next mongh and they're staying at Pop. She's got a 7:30 breakfast ADR at Topolino's. Will the skyliner be running early enough to get her there or would she need to take a Lyft/Uber?
Probably plan on a lyft/uber would be best is she doesn't want to be rushed.. I believe the skyliner starts an hour to an hour and a half before park opening (next month that's 8:30) so the skyliner will start about 7 to 7:30 ish... AND there is a long line even tho it does move fast. AND she has to change at Carribean beach station to get on the Epcot line (perhap another line). THEN get off and walk to Riveria and find the elevator up to Topolino.

Probably plan on a lyft/uber would be best is she doesn't want to be rushed.. I believe the skyliner starts an hour to an hour and a half before park opening (next month that's 8:30) so the skyliner will start about 7 to 7:30 ish... AND there is a long line even tho it does move fast. AND she has to change at Carribean beach station to get on the Epcot line (perhap another line). THEN get off and walk to Riveria and find the elevator up to Topolino.

Thanks. I'll let her know.

Wow! Ok, it finally makes sense! I was imagining one shot of coffee, so it would be tiny! Now I understand, thank you so much and sorry for the silly question!!
Not silly, coffee can be very different from country to country! In the US you'll mostly find brewed coffee unless you go to a coffee shop or a higher end restaurant, where they usually have more options.

So odd, I see availability for Pop for those dates. Did you have a special offer selected that was maybe not inclusive of those dates? It shows available for $230/nt. Could be that or could be intermittent availability. I would just keep checking. But yes POP is super popular.

If it were me, it would depend what time DHS or Epcot opens. If either opens at 8:00 (or earlier) for ETPE I would take the Skyliner as it’s very easy to get to Topolinos and saves unnecessarily spending money.

It would mean arriving at the Skyliner by 6:30AM but with a 7:30 reservation, all transportation will be early.

The transfer to the Epcot line is normally a quick one at that time unless Epcot opens at 8:00AM.

If it were me, it would depend what time DHS or Epcot opens. If either opens at 8:00 (or earlier) for ETPE I would take the Skyliner as it’s very easy to get to Topolinos and saves unnecessarily spending money.

It would mean arriving at the Skyliner by 6:30AM but with a 7:30 reservation, all transportation will be early.

The transfer to the Epcot line is normally a quick one at that time unless Epcot opens at 8:00AM.

Great! Thanks! I'll have her check opening times and keep checking in case they change. Currently they're both at 9:00 - but we all know those could change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter