Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the refurb actually started yet? Do we know hen the first set of rooms is likely to be done? We check in Feb 28th and am hoping for a chance at the new rooms. Would faxing be the best option, or is calling and adding it to the reservation better??

Have been at Pop since the 18th of December and will be here till the 24th of Jan.

It is a place that was cheap for us and really is just a place to rest.
Have preferred room facing pool, Tv keeps turning off randomly, carpet is not the best.

House keeping is not that good here, sheets hardly ever changed and when asked to have them changed it seems like a hassle. Vacuums look like something from 1960 that dont suck anything up.

Food here is terrible as well as the refil drink stations which are far from being fizzy.

But you get what you pay for so it was expected, staff are friendly enough and through christmas it was never really that busy.

I love PoP. Its a good price for what you get. I tend to spend most of my time away from the hotel so its a great place to rest my head.

Have been at Pop since the 18th of December and will be here till the 24th of Jan.

It is a place that was cheap for us and really is just a place to rest.
Have preferred room facing pool, Tv keeps turning off randomly, carpet is not the best.

House keeping is not that good here, sheets hardly ever changed and when asked to have them changed it seems like a hassle. Vacuums look like something from 1960 that dont suck anything up.

Food here is terrible as well as the refil drink stations which are far from being fizzy.

But you get what you pay for so it was expected, staff are friendly enough and through christmas it was never really that busy.

Yeah, I did three nights there Dec 15 - 18 and didn't love it. Front desk took forever and they almost made out that it was a hassle that I had a few questions about parks when checking in. Definitely a very different vibe from when I stayed at POFQ in January '16, and was constantly impressed by their service and positivity with guests. Won't be rushing back!

Sorry housekeeping hasn't been good for you. We had the best housekeeper last August! We had requested a VIP cleaning, though, as my DD is medically fragile. She kept the place so clean. I actually gave Disney feedback on how wonderful she was to us, and got a call back so I could let them know.

I agree, the food court can be hectic (we almost always took our food back to the quiet of the room). We don't drink a lot of soda, and had gotten some from Amazon anyway (rum & coke in the room was nice to have; I brought rum from home).

Food was okay to us! Soup was always nice. Burgers - well, they suck most places at Disney so tried one on the last day, didn't eat much of it. We liked the pasta and pizza, and DD liked the sesame chicken. We only had breakfast once (not into big breakfasts).

163 days and counting! Booked our flights, so it's definitely starting to feel real. I cannot wait to get back. We will be there in June and took advantage of the Summer Meal Deal which meant upgrading to a Preferred Pool View, which isn't our ideal room (I like a Lake View) but we've been PPV before and the kids loved it and it was so close to everything. I have been seeing that there is a refurb due to start, that's exciting. I have no clue how long those take, so I'm not holding my breath that we will get a "new" room. We are a low-maintenance family and POP has always been above and beyond our expectations.

This is our first summer trip, but we are coming for 12 days, so plenty of down time planned to swim and relax.

Can someone tell me exactly what all the returb entails. We are slowly starting to plan our trip and want this information to help planning.

Does anyone know why the first two weeks in May 2017 would be so hard to get a room and the third week May 2017 is unavailable - we are from Canada so I am not sure if there is something going on at Disney because all the values are booked as well. TIA!

Does anyone know why the first two weeks in May 2017 would be so hard to get a room and the third week May 2017 is unavailable - we are from Canada so I am not sure if there is something going on at Disney because all the values are booked as well. TIA!
I believe Garden Festival is still going on then. Colleges usually let out in May as well.

I believe Garden Festival is still going on then. Colleges usually let out in May as well.
Thanks, we have gone the last three years in May and have never had an issue trying to book a room, so,I figured something big was probably going on. :)

Yeah, I did three nights there Dec 15 - 18 and didn't love it. Front desk took forever and they almost made out that it was a hassle that I had a few questions about parks when checking in. Definitely a very different vibe from when I stayed at POFQ in January '16, and was constantly impressed by their service and positivity with guests. Won't be rushing back!
We are at pop now. The room is clean but tired. The beds are atrocious. Super uncomfortable to the point that I went to the front desk and asked if there were different rooms with beds that might be more comfy. I'm not picky and I usually stay at values (asmu, asmo, and spa) but haven't been at pop since 2008. I will not stay again until they get new beds. There is literally a dip in the center of both beds...

Can someone tell me exactly what all the returb entails. We are slowly starting to plan our trip and want this information to help planning.

They are supposed to be redoing the rooms. WDW doesn't announce start or end dates for this type of work so nobody knows any more details.

Can you buy cases of water at pop? If so how much?

When we checked in June 2016, the cases of water at Pop were $16.99. They weren't in the coolers or the store, we had to ask about them. The food court manager told me to always ask -- that they usually have to get the cases in the back. We weren't buying any, I just asked for reference. When my son & his wife stayed at Pop, they got the same answer when they asked -- it's available; just ask; $16.99.

We stayed at AoA in 2015 & 2016 and both times the cases of water were $16.99. At AoA they were always stocked in the coolers at the grab & go area of the food court.

I have no idea why the prices vary by resort -- it's the same case of water. We drive to Disney so we always stop and buy a case or two of Spring water at a grocery store or Walmart nearby.

I have no idea why the prices vary by resort -- it's the same case of water. We drive to Disney so we always stop and buy a case or two of Spring water at a grocery store or Walmart nearby.

I have no idea either. It's crazy to me.

We are at pop now. The room is clean but tired. The beds are atrocious. Super uncomfortable to the point that I went to the front desk and asked if there were different rooms with beds that might be more comfy. I'm not picky and I usually stay at values (asmu, asmo, and spa) but haven't been at pop since 2008. I will not stay again until they get new beds. There is literally a dip in the center of both beds...

Sorry to hear about the beds! Mine was ok but I was jet lagged and not sleeping much either. I'm not a princess when it comes to accommodation but beds and service should be above the norm when paying Disney prices, value resort or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter