• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Is any walkway to/ from the Grand Floridian open yet?

Does the boat go from MK to Grand Floridian to Polynesian? I canT remember the stop order

Returned from my split stay last Sunday...first half at Boardwalk, 2nd half at Poly. I asked the family what resort they preferred.... the wife said Boardwalk (Poly to visit but not to stay), the kids both said Boardwalk (mostly the pool and the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios), and grandma said without a doubt the Poly...she said it reminded her of her of Panama (she was born there).
I am on the fence. We had a Boardwalk View (pixie dust as I had Garden/Pool reserved) and the walk to and from the room was pretty long...but we had Moorea at Poly so also long (but didn't seem like it given the ambiance). Also to the post above yes there was an ice machine in Moorea...needed it after I banged my leg on that pulldown bed my kid slept in.
Proximity to parks is evened out by the Monorail (Magic and Epcot lines). You can crawl from Moorea to the TTC (and literally crawl back from the TTC to Moorea after Epcot).
What might be the tiebreaker is the resort food at the Poly. Boardwalk has nothing like Captain Cooks close by (I know the Ale and Compass and Beach Club Marketplace is close but not at the resort and takes some walking).
One of my favorite memories was winding up my trip with the Mrs. at Trader Sams the night before we flew away...amazing.
Boardwalk Joe's however.... and I love Bellevue Lounge.
I did love the 2nd bathroom at Poly....
So based on the family (grandma said one and done) I think we will go back to Boardwalk next trip...and visit the Poly often to get our kicks...it's also a little cheaper.

We are looking forward to our first stay at Poly. We have been to WDW twice before as a family and only stayed at WL. We are looking forward to the theme park view/club level experience. This is probably the last trip with the kids since they are not really kids anymore :-) thanks for the info everyone.

Returned from my split stay last Sunday...first half at Boardwalk, 2nd half at Poly. I asked the family what resort they preferred.... the wife said Boardwalk (Poly to visit but not to stay), the kids both said Boardwalk (mostly the pool and the ability to walk to Epcot and Studios), and grandma said without a doubt the Poly...she said it reminded her of her of Panama (she was born there).
I am on the fence. We had a Boardwalk View (pixie dust as I had Garden/Pool reserved) and the walk to and from the room was pretty long...but we had Moorea at Poly so also long (but didn't seem like it given the ambiance). Also to the post above yes there was an ice machine in Moorea...needed it after I banged my leg on that pulldown bed my kid slept in.
Proximity to parks is evened out by the Monorail (Magic and Epcot lines). You can crawl from Moorea to the TTC (and literally crawl back from the TTC to Moorea after Epcot).
What might be the tiebreaker is the resort food at the Poly. Boardwalk has nothing like Captain Cooks close by (I know the Ale and Compass and Beach Club Marketplace is close but not at the resort and takes some walking).
One of my favorite memories was winding up my trip with the Mrs. at Trader Sams the night before we flew away...amazing.
Boardwalk Joe's however.... and I love Bellevue Lounge.
I did love the 2nd bathroom at Poly....
So based on the family (grandma said one and done) I think we will go back to Boardwalk next trip...and visit the Poly often to get our kicks...it's also a little cheaper.
Thanks for sharing! Boardwalk was our first deluxe stay so it holds a special place in our hearts. I almost booked it instead of Poly because we love it so much. DH hasn't stayed at Poly yet so I'm excited to see what he thinks after staying at both.

One comment on both resorts... I really wish they would put a minimum age on the spa/hot tub.... ..even though it would be hard to enforce...I would have loved to dip my aching body into one of them with a beverage after a long park day but there were usually multiple kids floating around in there...I felt like being the grumpy old man and saying "the water slide is that way, kid!".
Yep I am turning into my dad.

We are looking forward to our first stay at Poly. We have been to WDW twice before as a family and only stayed at WL. We are looking forward to the theme park view/club level experience. This is probably the last trip with the kids since they are not really kids anymore :-) thanks for the info everyone.
My kids are 23 and 27 and this
Is the first time they are not coming to WDW with us.

One comment on both resorts... I really wish they would put a minimum age on the spa/hot tub.... ..even though it would be hard to enforce...I would have loved to dip my aching body into one of them with a beverage after a long park day but there were usually multiple kids floating around in there...I felt like being the grumpy old man and saying "the water slide is that way, kid!".
Yep I am turning into my dad.
We had kids jumping in the hot tub during NYE week. It was dangerous and all the adults got splashed.

We are deciding Poly vs Beach Club villa OR switch to AOA 1 bedroom suite (2 baths, Skyliner) - we got the free dining package but we don’t necessarily need a TS everyday and always have snack credits left over in the past. The 2 bathrooms are great at the Poly but it was tight and the monorail with a double stroller involved long waits (30-45 mins; was always full so lot of standing involved after a long and tiring park day (Skyliner is so relaxing). Waiting on that incline with the weight of a double stroller pushing while adults are shoving their way infront of us (wish that crowd as better controlled or a roped off area for strollers

We’ve tried the QS at the Poly and it was not our cup of tea. The BCV room seems so small and the balcony seems small and dangerous (we had bigger balconies on the cruise! Pool, we have a kid with disabilities and it seems like there are a lot more places to get into trouble at stormalong bay but our kid loves the sand/beach. We travel for Boma and Ohana once a trip.

Last edited:
We had kids jumping in the hot tub during NYE week. It was dangerous and all the adults got splashed.

We are deciding Poly vs Beach Club villa OR switch to AOA 1 bedroom suite (2 baths, Skyliner) - we got the free dining package but we don’t necessarily need a TS everyday and always has snack credits left over in the past. The 2 bathrooms are great at the Poly but it was tight and the monorail with a double stroller involved long waits (30-45 mins; was always full so lot of standing involved after a long and tiring park day (Skyliner is so relaxing). Waiting on that incline with the weight of a double stroller pushing while adults are shoving their way infront of us (wish that crowd as better controlled or a roped off area for strollers

We’ve tried the QS at the Poly and it was not our cup of tea. The BCV room seems so small and the balcony seems small and dangerous (we had bigger balconies on the cruise! Pool, we have a kid with disabilities and it seems like there are a lot more places to get into trouble at stormalong bay but our kid loves the sand/beach. We travel for Boma and Ohana once a trip.
Never stayed at BCV....but are there almost daily when we stay at Boardwalk due to the Quick Service at the marketplace...might try for it next year depending on the timeline of the stormalong bay refurbishment
Thankfully we are past the double stroller years..although once or twice the last trip my 8 year old hit a wall in epcot and I wish we had it since carrying that precious block of cement was excruciating.
I thought double strollers weren't allowed on the skyliner..perhaps I am mistaken.
Happy planning! Hoping for a summer 2025 trip myself...and consider trying the Thai coconut meatballs at captain cooks next time..might change your mind!

Never stayed at BCV....but are there almost daily when we stay at Boardwalk due to the Quick Service at the marketplace...might try for it next year depending on the timeline of the stormalong bay refurbishment
Thankfully we are past the double stroller years..although once or twice the last trip my 8 year old hit a wall in epcot and I wish we had it since carrying that precious block of cement was excruciating.
I thought double strollers weren't allowed on the skyliner..perhaps I am mistaken.
Happy planning! Hoping for a summer 2025 trip myself...and consider trying the Thai coconut meatballs at captain cooks next time..might change your mind!
Our double stroller is really thin. It’s the Joovy Caboose ultralight and it fits easily in the Skyliner with room for legs. No folding needed. It fits like a single stroller in a trunk with the canopy removed (came in handy when we had to rent a car, buy car seats, car chargers, drive 20 hours back home because all flights were cancelled - spring break a few years ago)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...-ahead-of-skyliner-resort-trip.3938372/page-2

Oh the Thai coconut meatballs was one of the dishes we tried and we are probably in the minority but we did not like them (2017). Then again we have really good Thai restaurants where we live. Maybe they’ve improved since then. Our kids also have allergies and it was extremely difficult to get something for them to eat there vs at Landscape of Flavors (same issue at Mara-limited menu). Our food at Kona cafe was really bad Dec 2022. The sushi smelled extremely fishy. The potstickers were good. The noodle bowls had excessive sauce and just ok. The service was so slow we were almost late to our MEARS pickup. The bell services was extremely efficient.

Ohana used to be a must do when they brought out meats on skewers. It was going downhill but these past 2 trips the food quality has improved (beef was still inedible; chef great and brought the ‘secret sauce’). They gave our son Tofutti ice cream with an enjoy life chocolate chip cookie on top! Even CRT and Space220 just give sorbet.

With the allergies (milk, eggs, nuts, sesame etc) Dole whip is a daily must at the Poly.

I was reading another review and I think I’ve given up on the idea of beach club:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/poly-vs-beach-club-with-a-young-family.3926943/page-2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter