• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that they are still not doing the refillable mugs?? Figured with the sports teams arriving that the crowd level at that resort would justify opening things up a bit more (like the food court options and reopening Rix cafe) I'm arriving Thu and I know they sell the mugs but it's a shame to pay the money yet not have the option to get drinks.

I'm assuming that they are still not doing the refillable mugs?? Figured with the sports teams arriving that the crowd level at that resort would justify opening things up a bit more (like the food court options and reopening Rix cafe) I'm arriving Thu and I know they sell the mugs but it's a shame to pay the money yet not have the option to get drinks.
I have a friend who was just there last week and they were not doing refillable mugs at this resort. He was doing a split stay and had purchased mugs at the first resort not knowing that CSR didn't have the refillable mugs at the resort. They offered to move him to SSR or to give him a credit on his account for the inconvenience once he escalated the issue to guest services. I have not heard rumblings that they'll restart the mugs anytime soon. The drink stations at Cafe Rix were covered up with little walls when we went in November.

I have a friend who was just there last week and they were not doing refillable mugs at this resort. He was doing a split stay and had purchased mugs at the first resort not knowing that CSR didn't have the refillable mugs at the resort. They offered to move him to SSR or to give him a credit on his account for the inconvenience once he escalated the issue to guest services. I have not heard rumblings that they'll restart the mugs anytime soon. The drink stations at Cafe Rix were covered up with little walls when we went in November.
Thank you. Seems odd since someone stated they were actually selling the refillable mugs in the gift shop. Don't see why they just can't give you a free soda at the pool bar or something. I'm doing a split stay too but Gran Destino is my first part. I'm going to the Riviera for four nights after that and they actually do the refillable there.

Thank you. Seems odd since someone stated they were actually selling the refillable mugs in the gift shop. Don't see why they just can't give you a free soda at the pool bar or something. I'm doing a split stay too but Gran Destino is my first part. I'm going to the Riviera for four nights after that and they actually do the refillable there.
Yeah, I'm not understanding why they're not doing refillable mugs either. Or why El Mercado isn't regularly open for all meals.

Yeah, I'm not understanding why they're not doing refillable mugs either. Or why El Mercado isn't regularly open for all meals.

Palmas must be more focused on things like their new premium “Agave Experience” at La Cava than getting CSR in order. (Which I may or may not have just booked.). :rolleyes1

But in seriousness, my opinion is that we’ve approached the point in the pandemic where it’s time for Disney to reassess the refillable mug setup (or lack thereof in some cases) they have going on.

I can touch the same lap bar on Splash Mountain that 1,000 other people have touched but not the Diet Coke button?

Someone smarter than me can probably point out other health consequences with used mugs on a shared drink machine that I’m not thinking about I guess. Darn science and germs. 😂

(But I am kind of serious - I do think it’s time to start shaking loose some of these select small things to enhance the guest experience, or at least time to start seriously thinking about it)

Palmas must be more focused on things like their new premium “Agave Experience” at La Cava than getting CSR in order. (Which I may or may not have just booked.). :rolleyes1

But in seriousness, my opinion is that we’ve approached the point in the pandemic where it’s time for Disney to reassess the refillable mug setup (or lack thereof in some cases) they have going on.

I can touch the same lap bar on Splash Mountain that 1,000 other people have touched but not the Diet Coke button?

Someone smarter than me can probably point out other health consequences with used mugs on a shared drink machine that I’m not thinking about I guess. Darn science and germs. 😂

(But I am kind of serious - I do think it’s time to start shaking loose some of these select small things to enhance the guest experience, or at least time to start seriously thinking about it)
The Agave Experience??? I must look into this...

And other resorts can have refillable mugs, but somehow CSR can't do it?

And I think they need to reopen their quick service with the regular menu. It's time. :D

And other resorts can have refillable mugs, but somehow CSR can't do it?

And I think they need to reopen their quick service with the regular menu. It's time. :D
It really doesn't make any sense that they have other resorts with their QS open and the refillable mugs, but CSR doesn't. The food situation there is not great right now. We had a car and found ourselves at the McDonald's more than once because there simply weren't any good timely options at the resort.

It really doesn't make any sense that they have other resorts with their QS open and the refillable mugs, but CSR doesn't. The food situation there is not great right now. We had a car and found ourselves at the McDonald's more than once because there simply weren't any good timely options at the resort.

And I imagine there will be more and more bookings as time goes on, not less.
Feed the people!!!
😬 😬 😬

How crowded & pricey is the McDonald's there?

@GaDisneyDad, I need to know more about this Agave experience! Please do tell!

Haha. See below. For those not following the details, this is at La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavillon/Epcot.

Come enjoy an Agave Experience at La Cava del tequila where one of our certified Tequila Ambassadors will help enhance and broaden your agave spirits knowledge.

Each guest participating will be tasting rare and unique agave expressions; some exclusive to our bar or to this experience and not available anywhere else in the world.

This experience is for adults 21 and older and will last 45 minutes with a cost of $100 ++ per person with a minimum of 4 guests and a maximum of 6 per tasting.

Reservations can be made by sending an email to lacava@palmasrestaurants.com

We arrive 2/21 - 2/24 and I booked a standard room. With the G league - am I understanding that only Cabana's and the tower is open? What buildings are the standard rooms in? We usually do DVC but ran out of points! So we are only doing 3 nights at SSR. We haven't stayed here in a very long time.

Had some reshuffling of travel plans so I’m back to CSR from Swan for this upcoming weekend. Better price, G League minimal impact reports and staying in my Disney bubble dragged me back- well dragged is a bit of an exaggeration... is it weird I’m more excited for GDT than I was for Swan? 🤣

I’ll try to remember to check back here this weekend if anyone has any q’s about current ops 😃

Had some reshuffling of travel plans so I’m back to CSR from Swan for this upcoming weekend. Better price, G League minimal impact reports and staying in my Disney bubble dragged me back- well dragged is a bit of an exaggeration... is it weird I’m more excited for GDT than I was for Swan? 🤣

I’ll try to remember to check back here this weekend if anyone has any q’s about current ops 😃

Having stayed at neither one, I think GDT looks waaaaaaaaay nicer than Swan. The only thing Swan wins is for location. Other than that I think the entire resort of CSR, including just the grounds, looks nicer! :D

Having stayed at neither one, I think GDT looks waaaaaaaaay nicer than Swan. The only thing Swan wins is for location. Other than that I think the entire resort of CSR, including just the grounds, looks nicer! :D
I totally agree. We've stayed at the Swan a couple of times and like the location and the restaurants, the rest of the resort is just, as my 12-year-old would say, "meh."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter