Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in a studio at BLT, booked directly through WDW. Will we received mousekeeping? I know if you stay on points they only come every few days unless you add it on.

I just made a reservation for our first ever stay at CR!!! It will be just 2 nights at the end of our 5 nights at CBR. But it is our first deluxe stay. And it is my dream room - Theme Park View!!!!!!!
I have dreamed of staying at CR since our first visit with kids. The walk to MK is such a perk for us. I wanted to take advantage of it at least once when my kids were still sort of young. The monorail will be a fun addition. And now TPV - I can't contain myself. :jumping1:

We just did our first stay at CR over thanksgiving, also theme park view. It was SO worth it! Nothing better than sitting on your balcony in your PJs watching the MK fireworks and the water pageant, with a cupcake from Contempo Cafe! We did a split stay (3 nights POR and 3 nights CR). Did the parks pretty hard for our POR days and slowed down during our CR days. We even rented a pontoon boat one afternoon and rode around the lake. Loved that!

Happy to find this thread! Staying in the Garden Wing the first week in March. Our first time at this resort so we have lots of MK days planned :)

My Standard view Room request would be a 3rd floor room: Room number range: 5361-5352 sequential numbered rooms. Room 5352 is one room from the far end of the hallway and as the room numbers increase, the closer you would be to the Main Tower. You directly overlook the parking lot but you can see the Express and the Resort Monorail beams and the Monorails gliding by at what would be the 4th floor level. There are some trees near the building that may obstruct your full view.

Note: There are no balconies on the Garden Wing. 1st floor rooms has a patio with 2 chairs and a small side table. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a slider the opens part way for air but a railing is directly next to the door.

Dave

This is really helpful, thanks! I requested first floor.

We just booked our first CR stay! I'm excited to try a deluxe that is new to us. We are visiting 3/11-3/18. I jumped at the price and booked a GW room. I now realize it is a standard view, I didn't realize GW had different views. Lol, I assumed all were "garden"! Anyways, any recommendations on a room request that won't be terrible? Maybe I can upgrade views at check in. It's Disney though and happy I get to stay at the CR :)

We're staying the week before you. Our first time at this resort too!

We are booked in a 2 bdrm LV villa over summer. 12 nights. Super excited! Had a question though: is here a particular part of bay lake tower that is more convenient to the walkway to the contemporary and the walking path to MK. Must say I cannot wait for the walk to MK!! Never been here so I'm not sure how it's set up

We are booked in a 2 bdrm LV villa over summer. 12 nights. Super excited! Had a question though: is here a particular part of bay lake tower that is more convenient to the walkway to the contemporary and the walking path to MK. Must say I cannot wait for the walk to MK!! Never been here so I'm not sure how it's set up
If you are on the south part of the tower it is closer to the elevators that take you to the walkway to the Contemporary. Otherwise most of your lake view rooms will be on the inner part of the "C" so it matters less.

You can walk through the main lobby or out the south elevators to connect to the walking path to Magic Kingdom. Have a great trip!

We just did our first stay at CR over thanksgiving, also theme park view. It was SO worth it! Nothing better than sitting on your balcony in your PJs watching the MK fireworks and the water pageant, with a cupcake from Contempo Cafe! We did a split stay (3 nights POR and 3 nights CR). Did the parks pretty hard for our POR days and slowed down during our CR days. We even rented a pontoon boat one afternoon and rode around the lake. Loved that!
Watching fireworks from the balcony is one of the things I'm really looking forward to! Can you see the castle projection show at all or is it too far away? I'm thinking about bringing binoculars for it...

Does the BLT pool bar have a TV. We just realized the Packers will be playing next Sunday afternoon. We usually take an afternoon break and would like to catch some of the game without being stuck in the room or going to a sports bar. We thought maybe we could be down at the pool?

I read that since the CR is a convention hotel, that all deliveries are handled by the business office, and that they are only available during the week. In that case, since we are arriving on a Saturday, we would have to wait until Monday to get any items we have sent to the hotel.

Is that correct, or did I overlook something? ( I am hoping I didn't ask this before!)
I am trying to decide whether to take Magic Express or a car service to our hotel, and a car service will let us stop at a store. If we aren't going to see anything we have delivered for 2 days, I am thinking we need to shop on the way, at least for a few days.

how comfortable is the pull out sofa bed at BLT in the studios? There is a possibility my niece and sister will join me and I was just curious at the comfort level of those since that is where they would sleep. thanks!!

I read that since the CR is a convention hotel, that all deliveries are handled by the business office, and that they are only available during the week. In that case, since we are arriving on a Saturday, we would have to wait until Monday to get any items we have sent to the hotel.

Is that correct, or did I overlook something? ( I am hoping I didn't ask this before!)
I am trying to decide whether to take Magic Express or a car service to our hotel, and a car service will let us stop at a store. If we aren't going to see anything we have delivered for 2 days, I am thinking we need to shop on the way, at least for a few days.
From what I heard (our first CR stay is coming up in November!), if you SHIP something, like from Amazon, it goes through the convention center which is only available during the week. But if you have something delivered, like from Garden Grocer, it goes to the Bell Desk. Hopefully someone else can confirm for sure.

Hello! We are planning a trip this year with our 2 and 5 year olds and trying to decide between the Contemporary and the Art of Animation. The main reason we're considering AoA is to have separate sleeping areas for the kiddos. We could only do a standard room at Contemporary but I wondered if we could put a pack n play in the sink/shower part of the bathroom. Does anyone know if it would fit? From the room layout diagram I think it would but not sure how accurate of a scale those diagrams are. I'd love to be able to walk back and forth to MK for naps but we'd really like to be able to have separation for sleeping so I'm torn!

Idk if anyone here can answer my question, or if I should ask on a DVC board.... we're looking into renting a two bedroom DVC villa at BLT. I've been watching different you tube video tours of the villa and it seems some show two Queen beds in the second room and others show a queen and a pull out sofa. Can anyone tell me if the DVC rooms have one or the other? Or is it just luck of the draw which one you end up with??

We have a reservation for a Garden Wing - Standard Room for our trip in March and we are now able to make our requests on the on-line check-in webpage. Any recommendations from anyone? The only thing I'm thinking is maybe requesting to be close to transportation, but didn't know if there was any secret to the Garden Wing as far as rooms since we've never stayed there before.

Thanks in advance!

Idk if anyone here can answer my question, or if I should ask on a DVC board.... we're looking into renting a two bedroom DVC villa at BLT. I've been watching different you tube video tours of the villa and it seems some show two Queen beds in the second room and others show a queen and a pull out sofa. Can anyone tell me if the DVC rooms have one or the other? Or is it just luck of the draw which one you end up with??
The two queen beds is called a Dedicated 2-bedroom, which is exactly that. The one you see with the pull out sofa is called a Lock-Off 2-bedroom and is a studio connected to a 1-bedroom. The lockoff also has a small kitchenette area and a separate door that you can use to get in to it, as it is just a studio room. These are separate booking options, you will see 2-bedroom and 2-bedroom lockoff listed.

The two queen beds is called a Dedicated 2-bedroom, which is exactly that. The one you see with the pull out sofa is called a Lock-Off 2-bedroom and is a studio connected to a 1-bedroom. The lockoff also has a small kitchenette area and a separate door that you can use to get in to it, as it is just a studio room. These are separate booking options, you will see 2-bedroom and 2-bedroom lockoff listed.
Thank you! We are renting points so I just emailed the rep we're working with to see if that's something we're able to get. We have three couples so having three beds would be ideal so nobody gets stuck on a pull out couch :)

Thank you! We are renting points so I just emailed the rep we're working with to see if that's something we're able to get. We have three couples so having three beds would be ideal so nobody gets stuck on a pull out couch :)

Just FYI, I've spend 10+ nights on the sofa bed in BLT & it's very comfortable. My friend spent the same stay on the single pull out chair sleeper & he said it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter