Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

It depends on which resort and in some cases which group of rooms?

If the bulk dispensers had already been installed they are in-use. They are cleaned and covered in plastic before your arrival just like the TV remote.

Dave

It depends on which resort and in some cases which group of rooms?

If the bulk dispensers had already been installed they are in-use. They are cleaned and covered in plastic before your arrival just like the TV remote.

Dave
YC

My DisFan son likes the minis.

Anyone else tracking DLR CL? I see the GCH/PPH CL rooms are pulled from the booking system. I check every once in a while and they’ve been available every time I looked. (They disappeared for like 2 days and then were placed back into inventory in July. DLH CL was pulled from booking then or shortly after.)

Like I’m glad the remodel will happen- but not looking forward to telling my fam who love that hotel.
What I don't understand is what they plan on doing to the Grand Ceremonial house. They just refurbed the entire lobby. If the entire building is closed then will they have a store elsewhere for those staying on property? What will they have for dining? Does this mean Trader Sams will also be closed? Too little info provided for DVC folk to even say "Okay, I can make adjustments and live with that."

There is no club level service of any kind, at any of the resorts. No date for resuming club level has been announced. When resort reservation bookings resumed, you were able to book club level in 2021, but not 2020. However, several posters noticed last week that all club rooms were pulled from booking inventory for next year too. So no, not normal. And won’t be in December either.

While there is no CL at WDW, if anyone is really craving a CL hotel stay in the Orlando area, it is available at Universal's Royal Pacific and Hard Rock. In the before times, their CL's were comparable to WDW. Universal's are slightly different from WDW's but they are (or were) on some ways better than WDW's.

I can't speak to what they are like right now, but in some ways, I preferred US's in the before times. Universal has coffee, but not the latte machines. In mid-day hours, they had bagged snacks instead of house made chips, but I always liked that. In addition to bagged chip-type snacks, the CL's also had granola bars.

In the evening, in the before times, both Portofino and Royal Pacific's offerings were closer to a 'light dinner' than WDW's CL's. Hard Rock's trended more towards appetizers, and they were items like wings- not as fancy as WDW's CL's. The HR lounge is fun, but it can be a bit loud. A plus of HR is that it is very close to both parks, and it has a fun vibe. HR isn't elegant, but it is a fun hotel. I think Portofino is closed right now.

Oh, each day the menus rotated...one night was Italian themed, then Asian themed, etc. they have a regular rotation. One way they are super is they post the menu- so you can decide in advance if it is food you want.

The US CL's also offer bottled water, and the HR's bottled water is HR branded. For soft drinks, the Universal lounges mostly have canned beverages. As far as adult beverages, beer and wine are offered. I can't say I explored beyond those, but I think HR has some cocktails. Maybe it was a small upcharge?

Perhaps the one area the 3 Universal CL's aren't quite as good as WDW's is the desserts. Portofino had good desserts- similar to WDW. Desserts at HR varied. Some stays desserts just weren't that exciting, but other times they were pretty good. On some stays they had strawberry shortcake and/or make your own sundae nights. Desserts are RP were just cookies some nights. I like the cookies tray, but not quite as special as some of the WDW CL dessert spreads.

the Universal staff were also always excellent about helping w/food allergies. In general, I'd also say the lounge staff have been very nice. Like WDW, some are merely professional, others make a bigger effort to be friendly. At Universal, I don't tend to have as many questions, but when I did CL staff were happy to help. Universal just isn't as complex as WDW.

What I don't understand is what they plan on doing to the Grand Ceremonial house. They just refurbed the entire lobby. If the entire building is closed then will they have a store elsewhere for those staying on property? What will they have for dining? Does this mean Trader Sams will also be closed? Too little info provided for DVC folk to even say "Okay, I can make adjustments and live with that."
It seems little off (unnecessary?) to me as well. I'm wondering if maybe it is more of a soft refurb, than the type where much really changes. Moana is popular, but Poly was already pretty popular.

Enough of a soft remodel to the GCH to close the Monorail station in October when construction starts.

Dave

While there is no CL at WDW, if anyone is really craving a CL hotel stay in the Orlando area, it is available at Universal's Royal Pacific and Hard Rock. In the before times, their CL's were comparable to WDW. Universal's are slightly different from WDW's but they are (or were) on some ways better than WDW's.

I can't speak to what they are like right now, but in some ways, I preferred US's in the before times. Universal has coffee, but not the latte machines. In mid-day hours, they had bagged snacks instead of house made chips, but I always liked that. In addition to bagged chip-type snacks, the CL's also had granola bars.

In the evening, in the before times, both Portofino and Royal Pacific's offerings were closer to a 'light dinner' than WDW's CL's. Hard Rock's trended more towards appetizers, and they were items like wings- not as fancy as WDW's CL's. The HR lounge is fun, but it can be a bit loud. A plus of HR is that it is very close to both parks, and it has a fun vibe. HR isn't elegant, but it is a fun hotel. I think Portofino is closed right now.

Oh, each day the menus rotated...one night was Italian themed, then Asian themed, etc. they have a regular rotation. One way they are super is they post the menu- so you can decide in advance if it is food you want.

The US CL's also offer bottled water, and the HR's bottled water is HR branded. For soft drinks, the Universal lounges mostly have canned beverages. As far as adult beverages, beer and wine are offered. I can't say I explored beyond those, but I think HR has some cocktails. Maybe it was a small upcharge?

Perhaps the one area the 3 Universal CL's aren't quite as good as WDW's is the desserts. Portofino had good desserts- similar to WDW. Desserts at HR varied. Some stays desserts just weren't that exciting, but other times they were pretty good. On some stays they had strawberry shortcake and/or make your own sundae nights. Desserts are RP were just cookies some nights. I like the cookies tray, but not quite as special as some of the WDW CL dessert spreads.

the Universal staff were also always excellent about helping w/food allergies. In general, I'd also say the lounge staff have been very nice. Like WDW, some are merely professional, others make a bigger effort to be friendly. At Universal, I don't tend to have as many questions, but when I did CL staff were happy to help. Universal just isn't as complex as WDW.

Thank you so much for this comparison! We have yet to pull the trigger on CL at UO but we are addicted to the EP resorts so I'm sure its only a matter of time. From what I've seen the UO CLs are operating much like you described. The exception is night apps come in a box. So there's a veggie box, cheese box and then a box with the main app...I've heard several reports of wings and mac and cheese.

On another note,, I'm 99% sure I'm completely delusional at this point but there's still a part of me thinking they'll bring CL back after the NBA leaves. My rationale is that they pulled their best/most experienced staff to assist them and wouldn't those most likely be a lot of the CL staff? Like I said, I'm well aware this is a big stretch and 99% not the case but its what I'm hanging onto for now.

Hi - I wanted to share my recent experience...
We had a Gran Destino Tower standard CL room booked for this November for 5 nights. I called knowing that CL was pretty much not happening. We were moved to a regular standard room at Gran Destino Tower for the same dates with a refund of $500. I don‘t know if we would have been offered another option as I was so surprised they offered the refund I took it before they offered anything else.

Hi - I wanted to share my recent experience...
We had a Gran Destino Tower standard CL room booked for this November for 5 nights. I called knowing that CL was pretty much not happening. We were moved to a regular standard room at Gran Destino Tower for the same dates with a refund of $500. I don‘t know if we would have been offered another option as I was so surprised they offered the refund I took it before they offered anything else.
Do the math and make sure you go the deal you think you did. I'm DVC so don't have a clue what the price difference between a Club room and a regular standard room would be, but a refund of just $100 a night sounds like Disney didn't offer up any discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter