Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

There's not enough space between the beds, but there is plenty of space between the one bed and the window. We've had a queen air mattress there with no issues. A pack-n-play will also fit in the bathroom under the shelf.

Ok, so it can fit in the bathroom, in the "closet" area? We're trying to come up with a place where we can put our 3 year old down in some privacy, and still be up watching TV or playing card games at the table. So if it's in the closet area(even if it sticks out to be in front of the sink a bit) we could even close it off at bedtime!

Hi all- I've been reading the boards for awhile, but I'm new to posting...

I am currently in the early stages of planning a late September or early October 5 to 7 day trip. My travel companion's goal is to stay at every resort in his life time and on this trip we want to do a moderate, and I was excited to see that the rooms at Caribbean Beach had been renovated, but I have been warned that the bus service there negates everything good that they have done. So, my first question: how bad is the bus service, really?

We are also really excited about the idea of the gift cards, since we don't really care about eating at the resort. I do, however, care about not having a long walk to the bus. We don't mind being in remote areas as long as it's near a bus stop (since it sounds like each area has it's own stuff). My second question: Are there "standard" rooms that are near bus stops? (I'd love not to pay for preferred.)

My overall question: Is it worth staying in the Caribbean Beach Resort during construction?

Thank you for any insight :smickey:

I am currently in the early stages of planning a late September or early October 5 to 7 day trip. My travel companion's goal is to stay at every resort in his life time and on this trip we want to do a moderate, and I was excited to see that the rooms at Caribbean Beach had been renovated, but I have been warned that the bus service there negates everything good that they have done. So, my first question: how bad is the bus service, really?

We are also really excited about the idea of the gift cards, since we don't really care about eating at the resort. I do, however, care about not having a long walk to the bus. We don't mind being in remote areas as long as it's near a bus stop (since it sounds like each area has it's own stuff). My second question: Are there "standard" rooms that are near bus stops? (I'd love not to pay for preferred.)

My overall question: Is it worth staying in the Caribbean Beach Resort during construction?

Welcome!
We didn't have any problem with the buses. Every building is within a few minute walk to a bus stop. No need for preferred.

:welcome:

I love CBR and I am sure you both will too! I have gone 7 times, and have never had a problem with bussing. I actually prefer the multi bus stop to one. Personally it feels like there is more busses going to these resorts than the one stop resorts. It may add a couple minutes depending on when you get picked up but it has never added stress or bothered us :)

I think that everyone feels differently about the busses. Some people seem to have no issues and others do. I went back and forth about staying here because of the busses but we took a chance.

We just got home and had a pretty rough week with the busses. We stayed in Jamaica (Building 42) so having the first pickup helped but then it took a while to get through the other stops and the busses were packed which was hard with a baby. There is a lot of road construction going on too, which impacted busses getting back to the resort. We sat at a red light for at least 20 minutes coming back to the hotel. This is obviously not the hotels fault, but it certainly didn't help.

As for the walk to the bus stop from the room, that was a pretty decent walk. That part didn't bother us though, we don't mind walking. There may be buildings you can request closer to the bus stop but be aware that none of our advance requests were met. A very nice cast member made some magic happen to get us into Jamaica at all, and that probably saved our trip just for its location on the bus route. We had a great time but for us the resort just doesn't work for our family.

Hope this helps! :earsboy:

Well we checked in super late on the 9th/10th. Requested ground floor Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, we also followed up with a fax 6 days prior. We were given a courtyard room in Jamaica 45. NOT a big fan that they allow smoking in the courtyard sitting area, plenty of room on the other walk ways that would not affect so many rooms. Luckily it has not been to bad, but almost every morning someone is sitting by the table smoking. The resort is fantastically themed and they have done a great job giving that Caribbean feel. All the different plants and trees, the tall bamboo's are excellent. We totally enjoy crossing over the island to get to OPR. I walk every morning to get breakfast to bring back to the room and totally enjoy the scenery, but I do not think I would enjoy the walk much from the far ends of the resort. If they added 2 more bridges, end of Aruba and between Barbados and Jamaica, it would make a big difference for those areas. We think that the FC is definitely the best themed and looks great. We like all the options they have, although I was disappointed in the make your own pasta bar:( I should have did better researching it, so I would of known that it was not even close to the pasta bar at POR. Room is very nice and mousekeeping is, well, like mousekeeping has been over the last 5-6 years, just okay. Just like our last trip at GF, vacuuming is not their strong suit, nothing major, they just seem to miss corners and edges, and I am talking about out in the open not behind or under furniture. They have done a very good job emptying the trash and replacing our towels and shampoo's etc. As well as setting up our DDs stuffed toys on the bed:) DW and I think the beds are a bit more comfortable then the ones we had at GF, but we still would like them a bit more firmer. Buses have been good but I definitely like them better when they have 2 buses and split the pickups between the 2. I can see why people are not a fan when 1 bus has to drop off and pickup from all the stops. We drove here but much rather let the bus driver deal with the traffic and crazy tourist drivers. Since we have been here, seen 3 accidents, and not even going to go into the handfull of "almost" accidents, plus we also have to deal with traffic due to construction at night. We will be here until Sunday when we head home:( Tonight we surprise our DDs by going to see Beauty and the Beast at DS.

If you want a standard room, you can get one right next to the bus stop - it is perfect for you! Now if you wanted a water view - that would be further away from the bus stops.

How is the bus service?
I found it honestly not bad at all! I loved that they had the arrival times and destinations posted on the "smart boards" by each bus stop. The busses were frequent - every 10 - 12 minutes to the parks. We were there in September. On the way home from the parks the CBR bus stop is the furthest to walk to and we waited around 15 minutes mostly. The only times when we waited much, much longer was when the bus was loading and unloading a disabled passenger in a wheelchair- which happened a few times, sometimes we were on the bus at that time. I assume that can happen at any resort's bus.

As far as the construction- I wish I knew! But I think there will be fewer people there, since Barbados (and more?) will be closed, hopefully they will not cut the bus numbers! I expect that the resort bus loop will be shorter with at least one stop less, which should make the total number of stops more on par with the numbers of Port Orleans resort's bus stops. (They have 5+ Stops on their loop ?)
Anyone correct me, if they know better!

The rooms - they are great!!
Tom Bricker (blog) calls them "Polynesian Lite" and I agree!
Only caveat is "no balcony" - which is the same at all moderates.

For those of you still on the fence about staying during construction it appears Disney got what they wanted (more people staying there) as it appears the discount is quickly coming to an end. Looks like the promotion will not be in effect for those that book after march 19th.

We always stay at CBR and LOVE it every time! The distance to the bus stop from your room is negligible and probably closer than most (although I have only ever tried POR other than CBR). The bus service has never been an issue and shouldn't be as long as you allow enough time (as in don't expect to leave the resort at 7:15 for a 7:30 ADR; but any seasoned Disney-Goer knows this!)

There have been times that the wait for a bus to the parks has been longer than we would have preferred but that's usually been when the bus we wanted had just pulled away right as we were walking up. :(

The bus does get quite crowded in the evenings coming home but I suspect they all do!

As for construction, during our first stay they were doing a refurb of the feature pool and it didn't impact us at all other than having to walk around the construction walls to get to OPR. This go-around (we will be there in May) it seems as if it will be more involved. Personally I will miss Calypso Trading Post more than the food court. We don't eat at the resort much, though, and it sounds as if there is a decent plan in place to compensate. I would often stroll over to Calypso while the rest of my crew was napping (I'm not much of a napper) and just wander around. It is a bummer that there will be so much construction during your first stay as you won't be able to fully experience all that CBR has to offer. Although, that would be a GREAT excuse to come back to CBR!!! :)

For those of you still on the fence about staying during construction it appears Disney got what they wanted (more people staying there) as it appears the discount is quickly coming to an end. Looks like the promotion will not be in effect for those that book after march 19th.
Source?

I've read it mutiple places.

Kind of makes sense that Disney wouldn't do a room discount and do the gift card offer on top of that, but they could just not include CBR in any coming codes instead? JK :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Please note Guests who booked reservations at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort prior to March 19, 2017, for arrival May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night/per room. The gift card will be delivered upon check-in and may be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. This offer will not be available for reservations booked March 20, 2017 or after.

Please note Guests who booked reservations at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort prior to March 19, 2017, for arrival May 1, 2017-June 30, 2018, will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card, per night/per room. The gift card will be delivered upon check-in and may be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. This offer will not be available for reservations booked March 20, 2017 or after.

I am still sooooooooooooooooooo confused for my April 24-May 4 stay. I have the email indicating $75 gift card for each night of my stay. Email includes my reservation and check-in date. Are they going to change their tune and only offer for May 1 and later days? Or try to give nothing since arrival is before May 1? Too bad getting a straight answer to be able to make plans as a result is impossible!

We are staying at Disney in May. My husband and I have considered upgrading to the AP and staying at cBR in December. Would we get an AP discount if we booked room only? And would we also get the gift cards (we will be booking before March 19)? I have searched for the answer to this but couldn't find anything. Thank you to anyone who could help!

I am still sooooooooooooooooooo confused for my April 24-May 4 stay. I have the email indicating $75 gift card for each night of my stay. Email includes my reservation and check-in date. Are they going to change their tune and only offer for May 1 and later days? Or try to give nothing since arrival is before May 1? Too bad getting a straight answer to be able to make plans as a result is impossible!

This is the exact concern I just presented in the other thread about the GC offer going away.

Pasting my post from that thread:

"I'm curious about the wording of this message. "Booked prior to March 19, 2017, for arrival May 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018..."

We are booked at CBR for April 28 through May 4, 2017, and I admit the deciding factor in booking was the gift cards. We were originally booked at Riverside with the Bounce Back discount. We changed to CBR, and then received an email from Disney a couple of days ago that said we would be getting a gift card for every night out of our stay, and included our specific arrival date and reservation number. It made no mention of May 1, other than to say construction would be going on at the property starting in May of 2017. The way it was worded sounded as though we would be getting a gift card that covered all 6 nights.

The wording of the quoted message that went out to TA's makes it sound like you only get a gift card if you check in on or after May 1. While I would understand getting the credit only for the May 1 - 4 portion of our stay, this wording makes me wonder if they will try to tell us we don't get any gift card at all because we aren't physically checking in on or after May 1. Hopefully I'm just reading way too much into that."

Sorry I don't have the answer @prmatz but know you aren't the only one wondering this! I'm definitely bringing a hard copy of the email to have handy at check-in, just to be safe. I would hope Disney isn't trying to change the "rules" after the fact by allowing that loophole, but who knows. I think it would be bad form on their part, as the website at the time of booking (at least for when we booked) made no mention of specific booking requirements to get the gift cards, nor did the personalized email that came later, confirming our April check-in with the GC offer. In my opinion, they should honor the "deal" that was presented at the time of booking. I know in our specific situation, having that information when we booked would have likely changed our decision to switch to CBR.

Will you receive the gift card if you book with an annual pass discount?

We have the AP discount on our upcoming reservation, and the email we received said we would be getting the gift card. It included our specific reservation number.

We have the AP discount on our upcoming reservation, and the email we received said we would be getting the gift card. It included our specific reservation number.

GREAT! Booked standard room for $171 per night for 9 nights. That's a great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter