Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Keep a watch out ...

Looks like new permits just filed for CBR yesterday and the work looks extensive, possible demolition of big chunk of resort. This is the first part of the permitting to get approval to "construct building, parking lot and roadway modifications within the project area. Stormwater improvements ...". This is just the permitting to the South Florida Water Management District. Plans attached are just the infrastructure plans the only real stand out so far is the apparent straightening of the road going in to Bonnet Creek. It is supposed to start in 2017. Again this is just the water management infrastructure construction phase. Hundreds of pages to the permit. Yellow outlines work areas.

upload_2017-1-18_10-9-23-png.184912

When in 2017??

Looks like permit has 30 day deadline so guessing Disney will get go ahead mid February.
The permit/documents are over 300 pages, skimming I see no set dates so far other than
"The current schedule proposes to begin construction in 2017 and complete work in 2019."

Looks like the DVC rumors at CBR might be coming to fruition.

Yes, but very surprised the documents look like they will be demolishing villages for it.

Not sure how I feel about it.

As a DVC, why would I want moderate offering? And as a moderate guest, will there be amenities I see but can't touch?

And some conversation at the other place is suggesting higher rise which is totally not "caribbean" theme to me. :confused3

Some initial work has already begun based on notices of commencements that have been filed. Work will run from 2017 to 2019 with no official end date like noted in the documents.

Multiple buildings will be demolished. A very large new tower will be built were those buildings are demolished. If you recall there were height test balloons in that area last year. This indicates the new building will be quite tall. We are looking at probably 5+ levels.

DVC is the obvious assumption in this.

While we don't know yet there will very likely be amenities that are for DVC only but that makes sense to sell those DVC rooms.

Ugh. Now I am pondering switching.

It would be nice if they would put the warning about construction up. It was not on there as of last night.

It would be nice if they would put the warning about construction up. It was not on there as of last night.

They never do until they absolutely have to ... and it's too late for you to change. They want rooms booked.

They never do until they absolutely have to ... and it's too late for you to change. They want rooms booked.

Well, the good thing is it's not too late for me to change.

The bad thing is I don't know where to go. I hate CSR. Strongly dislike POR. Am not a huge fan of New Orleans.

But I also don't like the idea of late August in a value room at AOA or POP with the stupid motion-activated air conditioning.

UGH!!

Well, the good thing is it's not too late for me to change.

The bad thing is I don't know where to go. I hate CSR. Strongly dislike POR. Am not a huge fan of New Orleans.

But I also don't like the idea of late August in a value room at AOA or POP with the stupid motion-activated air conditioning.

UGH!!

The advantage of the boards ....... but most people aren't on here. Will be interesting to follow for sure.

Is the plan to offer the first moderate DVC, or as I suspect, to put yet another deluxe DVC up, but do it on a moderate's property?

Tom

Am booked into a pirate room this November. Stayed in one before, loved it and loved CBR. Don't particularly want to change but at same time trying to imagine the walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale. Assuming it will be underway when I'm there, will I be passing by much contruction between the two? Will the construction involve Old Port Royale? Sorry bout the questions but still so excited about coming to CBR

Ok. I'm sad to do it, but I'm jumping ship to AOA. :( At least while construction is going on.

(edited from POFQ...decided just to make it a fun trip all-around so switched to AOA)

Last edited:

Permits were just filed and they aren't starting any major work right now. This is a long project so if your trip is soon you should be fine.

rsz_upload_2017-1-18_10-7-27.png

This first image shows the locations where work will be done.

rsz_upload_2017-1-18_11-10-54.png

This second photo shows what buildings will be taken out.

Thanks to @DanBoris for these images.

Permits were just filed and they aren't starting any major work right now. This is a long project so if your trip is soon you should be fine.

It's in late August. I will just look at this as a chance to try someplace new.

It's in late August. I will just look at this as a chance to try someplace new.
I still don't think it will be that bad at that point. This doesn't sound like they are taking out major amenities for regular guests at this point. The major construction will be isolated to the area where buildings are being demoed.

Is the plan to offer the first moderate DVC, or as I suspect, to put yet another deluxe DVC up, but do it on a moderate's property?

Tom

I'm curious about this as well. If it was a moderate priced DVC I would definitely be interested in looking into it. If it's another deluxe priced DVC just on mod property, without the amenities of a Deluxe, I'd be pretty disappointed.

I was mostly excited about the potential at first, but now I'm more worried that taking out all those buildings is going to make 1 of only 2 mods that families of 5 can book, that much harder to book.

I still don't think it will be that bad at that point. This doesn't sound like they are taking out major amenities for regular guests at this point. The major construction will be isolated to the area where buildings are being demoed.

Agreed. Especially for a guest potentially staying in a village room/building that isn't directly next to it. I don't think it would have much effect. If anything there would potentially be one or two less bus stops to go through.

I'm curious about this as well. If it was a moderate priced DVC I would definitely be interested in looking into it. If it's another deluxe priced DVC just on mod property, without the amenities of a Deluxe, I'd be pretty disappointed.

I was mostly excited about the potential at first, but now I'm more worried that taking out all those buildings is going to make 1 of only 2 mods that families of 5 can book, that much harder to book.

I'd say more of the mods harder to book ANYWAY. I'm guessing that this partially explains why in mid-late August which is when things are allegedly starting to slow down there there were only King, Preferred, and Pirate left.

It does seem weird they would do something like this at a mod while they've already got lots of mod rooms out at a time at CSR with its renovation since they can't really do the same "one in prep, one in full swing, one in polish" action CBR did with its room renovations.

Oh well. I've switched to AoA (I know...it's a change from last night) for this trip. :)

My husband and I are are considering staying at this resort in Late September. We noticed on the Disney website when booking that all the rooms seemed to be themed the same, but when I look out at people's pictures that doesn't seem to be the case... can anyone tell me if the King Bed Rooms all look the same as what is on the Disney site? see link below for reference.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/caribbean-beach-resort/rates-rooms/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter