Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My family went to WDW in January 2014 and stayed at POR. We liked it, but wanted to try something new this time. After doing some research, I think we will try out CBR this time. I do have a few questions though....

Our trip is planned for Dec 11-17, 2017. We are going to the dark side (Universal) for a few days before that, also.

1. We will book a preferred room, but wanted to know if a specific building would be best. Would prefer a building close to a bus stop and the foot court...what are your favorites?
2. My in-laws are joining us on this trip and will be staying in their own room, but wanted to know if I can request to have our rooms next to each other?

Thanks!!!!

We did almost the exact same thing, had been at POR previously and loved it (thought it would be our go-to for every trip) then got free dining for the same week you are going (but back in 2014) and we loved CBR just as much. I think you will have a great trip.

We did almost the exact same thing, had been at POR previously and loved it (thought it would be our go-to for every trip) then got free dining for the same week you are going (but back in 2014) and we loved CBR just as much. I think you will have a great trip.
Awesome!! We had heard that POR doesn't offer the Free Dining discount as often as it used to...that was one of the reasons we are going to try something different! When we went in 2014, we had the Play, Stay, Dine deal at POR.

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but my in-laws also booked their room, tickets, and dining plan. I want to link our accounts so when I go to make fast pass reservations, and dining reservations, we can all do them together. My question is, if a deal comes up for Free Dining or discounted hotel rates for when we will be there, will both my MIL and myself have to call or work on our own reservation to update for the discount? Or can one of us just take care of it for both of us since we will be "linked"?

Hello everyone, currently in the process of researching some moderate resorts. I'll be visiting 11/30-12/9 so it will most likely be during Pop Warner week. Do Pop Warner groups ever stay at CBR anymore? I've seen some old information that makes it look like Pop Warner groups used to be at CBR. Do they no longer though?

I think in looking through a bunch of threads, I've found possibly my favorite thing about CBR (well, mods in general, but CBR in specific)... They have ceiling fans!! Makes the stupid movement sensor thermostat thing bearable. Kinda.

Hello everyone, currently in the process of researching some moderate resorts. I'll be visiting 11/30-12/9 so it will most likely be during Pop Warner week. Do Pop Warner groups ever stay at CBR anymore? I've seen some old information that makes it look like Pop Warner groups used to be at CBR. Do they no longer though?

It is an option, along with CSR, but the vast majority stay at All Star Sports. Having said that, we have been at Sports and CBR during Pop Warner week and never had a single issue. Especially at CBR we wouldn't have even known they were there except for seeing some of them in their jerseys.

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but my in-laws also booked their room, tickets, and dining plan. I want to link our accounts so when I go to make fast pass reservations, and dining reservations, we can all do them together. My question is, if a deal comes up for Free Dining or discounted hotel rates for when we will be there, will both my MIL and myself have to call or work on our own reservation to update for the discount? Or can one of us just take care of it for both of us since we will be "linked"?

You will both have to call.

I think in looking through a bunch of threads, I've found possibly my favorite thing about CBR (well, mods in general, but CBR in specific)... They have ceiling fans!! Makes the stupid movement sensor thermostat thing bearable. Kinda.

Agreed! That's why I make sure to list them when letting people know what you will get at a Mod over a Value. Another thing that I did not think was going to be a big deal when moving from Value stays to Mods is having the covered bus stops without those people corrals. My entire family was surprised at how annoyed we were, when going back to Sports for a budget trip after experiencing CBR, at having to stand and wait in more lines in the blazing sun.

I kind of like the corrals at the Values. It cuts out the who got here first issues. Not the blazing sun, though.

Not totally. I was at Pop once and when it was rainy, there was a group that was hanging out under the covering and NOT in the lines but then when a bus came they'd try to jump ahead because "we were here first" - I guess *technically* they were, but they were not in the lines. So... It doesn't always help.

I've never seen the big deal about "first". But then again I'm not a commando-style tourist, and I always leave plenty of time to get where I need to go.

I kind of like the corrals at the Values. It cuts out the who got here first issues. Not the blazing sun, though.
I've really never seen a case where someone was left at a stop at CBR...the real difference is teh different stops spread the crowds out more...if there was one stop, sure, line control would be important like it is at the values.

I can honestly say I've never run into an issue of who came first getting on the bus at the mods. Maybe we've just been lucky but people just tend to line up from about where they are standing when the bus arrives and I've never seen anyone left behind who didn't make it on. Crowds haven't been that big at a resort with multiple stops.

I don't mind the corrals necessarily but I hate that there is no cover at the values. Especially when it's super hot or worse when it's raining.

I was at CBR in November/December this past year with a few Pop Warner groups and I barely noticed them. Had I not read about them and known to look out for them, I wouldn't have at all.

Keep a watch out ...

Looks like new permits just filed for CBR yesterday and the work looks extensive, possible demolition of big chunk of resort. This is the first part of the permitting to get approval to "construct building, parking lot and roadway modifications within the project area. Stormwater improvements ...". This is just the permitting to the South Florida Water Management District. Plans attached are just the infrastructure plans the only real stand out so far is the apparent straightening of the road going in to Bonnet Creek. It is supposed to start in 2017. Again this is just the water management infrastructure construction phase. Hundreds of pages to the permit. Yellow outlines work areas.

upload_2017-1-18_10-9-23-png.184912

Keep a watch out ...

Looks like new permits just filed for CBR yesterday and the work looks extensive, possible demolition of big chunk of resort. This is the first part of the permitting to get approval to "construct building, parking lot and roadway modifications within the project area. Stormwater improvements ...". This is just the permitting to the South Florida Water Management District. Plans attached are just the infrastructure plans the only real stand out so far is the apparent straightening of the road going in to Bonnet Creek. It is supposed to start in 2017. Again this is just the water management infrastructure construction phase. Hundreds of pages to the permit. Yellow outlines work areas.

When in 2017??

When in 2017??

Looks like permit has 30 day deadline so guessing Disney will get go ahead mid February.
The permit/documents are over 300 pages, skimming I see no set dates so far other than
"The current schedule proposes to begin construction in 2017 and complete work in 2019."

Keep a watch out ...

Looks like the DVC rumors at CBR might be coming to fruition.

Looks like the DVC rumors at CBR might be coming to fruition.

Yes, but very surprised the documents look like they will be demolishing villages for it.

Not sure how I feel about it.

As a DVC, why would I want moderate offering? And as a moderate guest, will there be amenities I see but can't touch?

And some conversation at the other place is suggesting higher rise which is totally not "caribbean" theme to me. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter