Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I tried scrolling through first 2 pages and didn't see it listed. What are the pool hours and hours for kiddie area? We leave for CBR on Tuesday and just trying to finalize plans

Returned from CBR on 10/30 and it did not disappoint! We arrived at Custom House well after 10pm and there was no wait. I chose not to do on-line check in as I was worried I would mess up our 'connecting/adjoining room' request. We were given buttons, the girls got wands and most important we got our connecting rooms. We were able to walk to our rooms from Custom House, located in Barbados 12. I know this is not listed as a preferred location but we loved it. We were steps away from the pool there and the bus stop was just a short hop. The bus stop was in the middle of the route I would say so it wasn't first but it wasn't last and it also seemed we entered and exited different areas of the resort coming and going. Our rooms were on the second floor. When we arrived I was thrilled to see that one had the extra fold up bed so my girls took that room. My 6 year old slept on that every night, she loved it. The beds were extremely comfortable and having queen sized was great. The walk to Old Port Royale was maybe 5 minutes which I enjoyed. The resort was always quiet while we walked. We visited OPR at different times and it was never crazy crowded. The kids loved being able to go and order whatever they wanted. I was never able to finish everything but I really tried since we were on free dining. I cannot say enough how much that helps - we kept all the receipts and for 3 days it was over $1000! We could never afford that had we paid out of pocket. I also had a chance to check out the shop there and it had a good selection of stuff. We loaded up on our remaining snacks from the dining plan before we left. My kids loved the main pool - and I was so glad we were able to enjoy it. We went on a rainy day and it was close to empty. The next day was sunny and hot and it was packed. It is a bit tricky to keep your eye on your kids, the netting around the pool makes it impossible to see them if you are in a chair not to mention its a large pool but thankfully all my kids can swim. They loved the water slides. The staff ran games and played music so there was plenty of entertainment. We didn't have time to enjoy much of the resort recreation (movies, tye dye t shirts for a fee, etc) but they did offer a good amount of things to do if you had the time. I managed to get a load of laundry done - the machines were $3 to use and they also sold the soap and dryer sheets. It will likely be years before the 6 of us can afford to go back but if we do I would stay at CBR - we all loved it!

Does the activities guide for CBR show the entire month? Anyone there now that can share the movies/activities they will have after Thanksgiving through the remainder of the month? TIA

Yes, the Activities Calendar is for the entire month.

Movie starts at 8:00 pm next to the Banana Cabana Pool Bar (In case of inclement weather, activities will be moved to the Old Port Royale Food Court)

• Most Sundays – Toy Story
  • Sun. Nov. 22 - The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar
  • Mondays – The Jungle Book
  • Tuesdays – Big Hero 6
  • Wednesdays – Aladdin (See our Jasmine page)
  • Thursdays – Pocahontas (See our Pocahontas page)
  • Fridays – Cinderella (2015 Live Action)
  • Saturdays – Inside Out
Here's a link to the activities Calendar.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/CBR-Calendar.pdf

Does anyone know if the screens have been installed at the bus stops for the bus times? I know I read that people had reported the boxes to hold them up, but no screens yet. This was a few weeks ago, but I have not seen any updates yet.

Does anyone know if the screens have been installed at the bus stops for the bus times? I know I read that people had reported the boxes to hold them up, but no screens yet. This was a few weeks ago, but I have not seen any updates yet.

Hopefully someone who is there now will report back!

As I posted earlier today, I am putting together a new CBR information thread. If you have stayed in a room with the 5th bed, please take a moment and post your room number and tag me please so that I can post the room numbers on the new thread. Thank you all so much!
2339 had the trundle @mickeystoontown Thanks for all of your hard work on this great thread!!!!

So we are arriving on Thursday about 10a. We are so excited!!!!! Any last minute advice???

Ps the reason I'm awake at this hour is I am a night nurse.

So we are arriving on Thursday about 10a. We are so excited!!!!! Any last minute advice???

Ps the reason I'm awake at this hour is I am a night nurse.
Ask for the Magic wand at check-in and have your hubby ask for the Sword and eyepatch.

5201: no Murphy bed. No freezer in fridge (don't need either). Close to parking, but looking onto green courtyard... Close to bridge to OPR and pool! Great room!
Edit: forgot to add corner room, 2 big windows, beautiful room...

Last edited:
Wow! There's an awful lot of information here to get through! Thanks to everyone for contributing! We are booked to stay at CBR 19 August - 2nd September. It's our 7th trip to WDW but our first time at this resort. We have booked preferred rooms but wanted some advice about further requests. I don't think we really need any but it's always good to know options - so is there anything we need to know about the preferred rooms? TIA

Wow! There's an awful lot of information here to get through! Thanks to everyone for contributing! We are booked to stay at CBR 19 August - 2nd September. It's our 7th trip to WDW but our first time at this resort. We have booked preferred rooms but wanted some advice about further requests. I don't think we really need any but it's always good to know options - so is there anything we need to know about the preferred rooms? TIA

We booked Preferred in Martinique. Close to OPR and bus stop. We really enjoyed it!

Sorry for the question (haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach) - does one bus stop at all six villages before heading to it's respective park? It seems like this would take forever, but I'm hoping that's not the case. I tried to read through the thread to find the answer to this, sorry - too much to read through! Also - Caribbean Beach doesn't share buses with any other resort, right? Many thanks!

Sorry for the question (haven't stayed at Caribbean Beach) - does one bus stop at all six villages before heading to it's respective park? It seems like this would take forever, but I'm hoping that's not the case. I tried to read through the thread to find the answer to this, sorry - too much to read through! Also - Caribbean Beach doesn't share buses with any other resort, right? Many thanks!

Yes, it goes all the way around before heading out the park. It does not really seem to take too long. I forget where they pick up first and last, others will chime in, but I think sometimes they start at Jamaica and other times they go the other way so Jamaica is last. They seem to go pretty quickly so it really is not that bad.

They do not share buses with other resorts, it's big enough on it's own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter