Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

After we bought our DVC we took our 2nd vacation there with our points, but this January is our first time returning back there in 9 years....it seems like just yesterday we were swimming in the clown pool.....do they still have the larger gift shop on the boardwalk? I'm trying to remember but I think I liked Dundy's Sundries.....and it was small but it had a great selection of boardwalk specific merchandise.

Anyway, we're so excited to be back and to enjoy the entertainment on the boardwalk!

After we bought our DVC we took our 2nd vacation there with our points, but this January is our first time returning back there in 9 years....it seems like just yesterday we were swimming in the clown pool.....do they still have the larger gift shop on the boardwalk? I'm trying to remember but I think I liked Dundy's Sundries.....and it was small but it had a great selection of boardwalk specific merchandise.

Anyway, we're so excited to be back and to enjoy the entertainment on the boardwalk!
Dundy’s is now closed. It is going to become a coffee shop! There is still a large connecting store on the boardwalk that is still open called Screen Door/T&T. You can pretty much find a little of everything there: food, alcohol, clothing, etc. Also, the clown pool is now a Mickey & Friends pool! A lot has changed and is continuing to change! Enjoy it!

Dundy’s is now closed. It is going to become a coffee shop! There is still a large connecting store on the boardwalk that is still open called Screen Door/T&T. You can pretty much find a little of everything there: food, alcohol, clothing, etc. Also, the clown pool is now a Mickey & Friends pool! A lot has changed and is continuing to change! Enjoy it!
Does the Screen Door store have the Boardwalk specific merchandise and DVC specific stuff?

Yes, I saw the refurb of the pool. It looks cute....it worked out well I think with Mickey and Minnie's runway...I believe they came out around the same time, but we'll still miss the clown pool. One of my kids kinda thought it was weird but it never scared them....

Does the Screen Door store have the Boardwalk specific merchandise and DVC specific stuff?

Yes, I saw the refurb of the pool. It looks cute....it worked out well I think with Mickey and Minnie's runway...I believe they came out around the same time, but we'll still miss the clown pool. One of my kids kinda thought it was weird but it never scared them....
Yes it does! They have Boardwalk shirts, bags, etc. I bought a DVC Dooney there last fall. 🙂 If you do a quick YouTube search, you should be able to find someone walking through showing the latest merch. Enjoy it!!

I was wondering, do you need a reservation at Beaches and Cream if you want to try the Kitchen Sink? Are walk ins accepted?

I was wondering, do you need a reservation at Beaches and Cream if you want to try the Kitchen Sink? Are walk ins accepted?
Yes, they do have a walk up list and sometimes you can get lucky and be seated without a reservation or just wait a little and get in.

IS there a floor plan that shows were the 1 bedroom villas are? I am hoping to rent points for a 1 bedroom but would love to know what rooms would be the best that is closest to the bridge going towards Epcot.

IS there a floor plan that shows were the 1 bedroom villas are? I am hoping to rent points for a 1 bedroom but would love to know what rooms would be the best that is closest to the bridge going towards Epcot.
The villas are on the end that is farthest from Epcot. Even if there were some on the end closest to Epcot, there is no exit out on that end, so it wouldn't help shorten the walk :-)

The villas are on the end that is farthest from Epcot. Even if there were some on the end closest to Epcot, there is no exit out on that end, so it wouldn't help shorten the walk :-)
Thanks for letting me know.

Does Boardwalk Inn still offer in room dining? It's been ages since we last stayed there! My 23yo asked for a mother/daughter trip for Christmas and that's where we will be, so I'm hoping we can graze on breakfast while we prepare for rope drop every morning!

Does Boardwalk Inn still offer in room dining? It's been ages since we last stayed there! My 23yo asked for a mother/daughter trip for Christmas and that's where we will be, so I'm hoping we can graze on breakfast while we prepare for rope drop every morning!
Sorry, GF is the only resort that has in-room dining right now.

Touring Plans has floor plans that shows room locations for every Disney Resort
They only thing that is out of date for some rooms is bed configuration. When Disney gave them the info it was correct but in a few cases beds have been moved around and they haven't gotten new info 100% of the time. So, for example, it may say 2 Queen but have 1 King. But the physical locations are correct. The actual construction of the buildings haven't changed. So for your question, where a 1 bedroom is, will be correct.
From this link, Select the Resort category, scroll down and find the Resort you are interested in, then click it and select Find A Great Room, fill in the type you want
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels

Here's Boardwalk directly
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-villas

Concept Art Released for ‘Cake Bake Shop’ Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk in 2023

Disney has released concept art for the Cake Bake Shop, which replaces the ESPN Club at Disney’s BoardWalk. The Cake Bake Shop will open sometime in 2023.

B35DCF8E-8CA5-4981-AB4E-1E6DDE0DEEAD.jpeg

Our 1 week stay at boardwalk villa studio is getting close (Feb 2023), and I have a few questions
1. What type of coffee machine do they have in the room? Keurig? Drip ?
2. Does the mini fridge fit a gallon of milk or should I get half gallon?
3. What about dishware? Is it disposable?
4. Glasses for wine? Do they have in the room?
5. I heard there is a gas station convenience store across boardwalk. How close is it to go by foot? Just looking for minor things such as milk, water, cereal, few snacks. Still debating if I should do a Amazon prime delivery, go to convenience store or just buy at the boardwalk store (which is more expensive I was told).

Our 1 week stay at boardwalk villa studio is getting close (Feb 2023), and I have a few questions
1. What type of coffee machine do they have in the room? Keurig? Drip ?

It should be a drip coffeemaker. Studios usually have the 4 cup size, but the 10-12 cup size is available from Housekeeping or may already be there. In the past they took flat bottom filters, but reports are that it’s in transition from flat to cone shaped, so we’ll bring both. Coffee is furnished in filter packs, so you don’t need to worry about filters if that coffee is ok for you.

2. Does the mini fridge fit a gallon of milk or should I get half gallon?
3. What about dishware? Is it disposable?
4. Glasses for wine? Do they have in the room?

We stay in 1BR so I don’t know.

5. I heard there is a gas station convenience store across boardwalk. How close is it to go by foot? Just looking for minor things such as milk, water, cereal, few snacks. Still debating if I should do an Amazon prime delivery, go to convenience store or just buy at the boardwalk store (which is more expensive I was told).

The Speedway gas station is a 5-10 minute walk from the front entrance of the resort.

I can’t help with your debate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter