Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

What are your must do's/ must eat's/ must see's while staying at the Boardwalk? I have stayed there once before but it was a quick trip and we didn't have a ton of time to explore the resort. I don't want to miss anything!! TIA!

Let's see, there's so much to enjoy on the Boardwalk. Trattoria al Forno is a really good restaurant, we eat there every visit. The Belle Vue is a great lounge inside the Inn that has a nice balcony that overlooks the village green. It's a perfect place to relax-we've also gotten both breakfast & lunch from the Boardwalk Bakery & eaten it up on the balcony. We enjoy strolling around the lake each morning, it makes for a nice start to our day. Don't miss the Buskers that are out on the boardwalk each night, they're a lot of fun to watch. The quiet pool on the Inn side is really nice (I wish I could just relocate it to my own backyard). You can rent surrey bikes but I think it's more fun to watch others do it, between the struggle to pedal up over the bridges & then fly down the other side makes for some good laughs:rotfl2:. You picked a great resort, enjoy your stay!

We booked a standard view room at BWI. Very excited. :) Anyway, I've read a few posts on room requests. Seems like the long hallways are an issue for many. I am wondering though, if we request a room near the lobby or elevators, is there a good chance our room will be situated above the bus stop?

Last June we stayed in room 5287, booked standard view. I had requested high floor and boardwalk view (just to see what would happen, fully expecting to not see the boardwalk).The room is directly off of the elevator, so the least amount of walking possible. This room had a balcony that wasn't covered (most are covered), and we overlooked the front driveway, but from our balcony to the right we could see the lawn, the water, and a view of Yacht in the distance. We had no issues with noise from the front drive or the elevator, and really appreciated being so close to the elevator.

Here are the views from that particular room out on the balcony. Hope this helps a little!
rsz_20160613_102611.jpg rsz_20160613_102637.jpg

I should know the answer to this but my only stays at BW have been in the villa studios so here goes. I booked a standard inn room through Orbitz and I guess I just didn't pay attention when I booked it because now my Orbitz confirmation says I booked a king bed room. I will be there with my adult son so, of course, no sharing a bed. As of right now, I still haven't received by Disney confirmation # from Orbitz, which I'm not too concerned about since we aren't going until March 7 so I have plenty of time to get it into MDE but do the standard king rooms have a sofa bed in them? I know once I get on MDE I might could change it to two beds but on the off chance all goes to pot, I would hate to be stuck in a room with just one bed. I wasn't even aware they had king beds in standard rooms, I know they have them in the studios but those have the pull out couches.
Actually, the BWV studios have a queen bed, not a king bed. The one bedroom has a king bed.

Denise

I should know the answer to this but my only stays at BW have been in the villa studios so here goes. I booked a standard inn room through Orbitz and I guess I just didn't pay attention when I booked it because now my Orbitz confirmation says I booked a king bed room. I will be there with my adult son so, of course, no sharing a bed. As of right now, I still haven't received by Disney confirmation # from Orbitz, which I'm not too concerned about since we aren't going until March 7 so I have plenty of time to get it into MDE but do the standard king rooms have a sofa bed in them? I know once I get on MDE I might could change it to two beds but on the off chance all goes to pot, I would hate to be stuck in a room with just one bed. I wasn't even aware they had king beds in standard rooms, I know they have them in the studios but those have the pull out couches.
Yes all Standard King rooms at the BWI should have a pull out double-size pull out sleeper sofa with the bedding stored in the closet. There are not a high number of King rooms on the BWI side of the resort but they do exist.

Just a correction/update on your BWV Studio memory of a King bed: All BWV Studio rooms have a Queen Bed, a double-size pull out sleeper sofa and since the recent room refresh: a bunk size pull down bed which increases the max room occupancy to 5!

Dave

We are thinking of booking a standard room at BWI for 2 nights. We are mostly going to be at the parks. Magic Kingdom the first day (Friday 1/27) and then AK and Epcot the second day. (1/28). We just became AP so we have to go to Guest Services the first morning (1/27) when we arrive from driving in. I have a few concerns.
1) should we go straight to MK and park there and take monorail over?
2) should we just park at BWI and do an early check in sand then hop on a bus to MK to go to Guest Relations?
3) HOW IS the parking situation at BWI currently? I do not want to have to pay for valet.
4) would we be better off at POFQ?

Yes all Standard King rooms at the BWI should have a pull out double-size pull out sleeper sofa with the bedding stored in the closet. There are not a high number of King rooms on the BWI side of the resort but they do exist.

Just a correction/update on your BWV Studio memory of a King bed: All BWV Studio rooms have a Queen Bed, a double-size pull out sleeper sofa and since the recent room refresh: a bunk size pull down bed which increases the max room occupancy to 5!

Dave

Thanks, I just remember one bed and a sleeper sofa so I guess I assumed it was a king bed. I was finally able to link my reservation on MDE and it doesn't say a king room so I'm hopeful it's got two rooms. As long as there are two places to sleep I'm o.k. though.

We are thinking of booking a standard room at BWI for 2 nights. We are mostly going to be at the parks. Magic Kingdom the first day (Friday 1/27) and then AK and Epcot the second day. (1/28). We just became AP so we have to go to Guest Services the first morning (1/27) when we arrive from driving in. I have a few concerns.
2) should we just park at BWI and do an early check in sand then hop on a bus to MK to go to Guest Relations?
3) HOW IS the parking situation at BWI currently? I do not want to have to pay for valet.
We were there 12/18-12/27 and had no issues with parking. We didn't use our car everyday, but the days we did we had no problem getting a parking spot when needed.

2) should we just park at BWI and do an early check in and then hop on a bus to MK to go to Guest Relations?

If you do drive into MK check out the guest relations at Ticket and Transportation. They had no line at all when we wanted to change our DD's ticket to a hopper. The line inside MK for GR was huge.

I apologize if this has already been answered, I looked through this thread but didn't see this info.

Is there a drink refill station that's open 24/7? I tend to be a night owl and I like to be able to get a drink refill late if I want it.

Also, I read that Belle Vue has some drink refill options, am I correct that it is coke, Diet Coke, sprite, and coffee only? Is there a self serve station or do you get it at the bar

I'm sorry for the potentially silly questions.. I'm traveling with a group of all women and drinks are a very big concern for us, lol!

I apologize if this has already been answered, I looked through this thread but didn't see this info.

Is there a drink refill station that's open 24/7? I tend to be a night owl and I like to be able to get a drink refill late if I want it.

Also, I read that Belle Vue has some drink refill options, am I correct that it is coke, Diet Coke, sprite, and coffee only? Is there a self serve station or do you get it at the bar

I'm sorry for the potentially silly questions.. I'm traveling with a group of all women and drinks are a very big concern for us, lol!
According to the very detailed first post, drink refill locations is addressed in post # 11.
Denise

According to the very detailed first post, drink refill locations is addressed in post # 11.
Denise

I saw that post. And I read post #11. The things I was wondering were not completely answered there, which is why I asked. Thanks though.

Unfortunately, all Boardwalk drink locations have hours and are not 24 hour.

This happened to me when I booked through cheap tickets last year for BWI with 5 people. They said it automatically comes up that way. Not sure why. I had cheap tickets note on my reservation that I request 2 queen beds even though I knew they weren't going to give us one bed for 5 people.

Now in your case since there's only 2 on your reservation I would make sure you ask when you check in also just to make sure.

Just booked BWI for 4/12-4/16!! Back in 2005, we stayed in one of the "garden cottages" at BWV (?) but my kids have no memory of it so it's sort of like a first time for them! Just read the last 15 pages of this thread - looks like I need to read the rest! Excited!

Edited: just learned (through this thread) that the garden cottages are a part of BWI not BWV! I never knew!

Last edited:

I spent four nights at BWV last week during the marathon, and we had two cars in our party. We didn't have to valet (and we did leave the resort a couple times) but the available spaces were a little farther out than normal. Nothing that was a problem to deal with.

I will be checking into POFQ next week for an eleven night stay. I like both resorts, but they are different experiences. You can't beat the location of BWI/BWV, especially if you spend a lot of time at Epcot like I do. But I find POFQ to be so peaceful and picturesque and I like the proximity to Disney Springs. It really depends on what you want out of your vacation.

Thanks, I just remember one bed and a sleeper sofa so I guess I assumed it was a king bed. I was finally able to link my reservation on MDE and it doesn't say a king room so I'm hopeful it's got two rooms. As long as there are two places to sleep I'm o.k. though.

For our August stay, my adult DD and I were assigned a king room to start. We went back to the desk to request a change to a room with two queen beds. First the CM tried to convince us that the sofa bed would be fine, but we said we'd wait for a two bed room if one wasn't immediately available. Magically, a room was available and we were promptly reassigned. Even if the sofa bed is comfortable, that would just be a pain to deal with every day for only two people in the room. Good luck.

For our August stay, my adult DD and I were assigned a king room to start. We went back to the desk to request a change to a room with two queen beds. First the CM tried to convince us that the sofa bed would be fine, but we said we'd wait for a two bed room if one wasn't immediately available. Magically, a room was available and we were promptly reassigned. Even if the sofa bed is comfortable, that would just be a pain to deal with every day for only two people in the room. Good luck.

Thanks. Since it's a split stay I know we will get to BW early in the morning, probably around 8 or so and I know a room won't be ready so I'll just make sure when we check in to tell them we prefer two beds. We have stayed in a studio before and I slept on the sofa bed, it wasn't horrible but not the best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter