Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you for replying! We are going in winter, so I guess the weather will be on our side (hopefully). We don't need a suite, and I'm trying to decide AOA LM or Pop. Those LM rooms are just so cute. My daughter would love it and I truly doubt we will be at the main other than my morning coffee run- and 10 mins is shorter than my normal morning coffee run to Starbucks... but convenience is nice on vacation.

We got used to the walk from the LM room and it didn't bother us. I'd caution that other than food you'll have to make the walk to/from busses and I also had to do it multiple times for one cycle of laundry so I didn't have to sit and wait at the machines (the biggest inconvenience all week IMO).

I have come across mentions of the 'insane' or 'ridiculous' long walk from LM to the main building. I know that LM is the farthest away, but how crazy are we talking? I don't shy away from a walk- I walk my kiddo to school about a 1/2 mile every morning- just for reference. I keep seeing it come up, so I'm just wondering realistically how far/long of a walk it is. We will have our own car and plan to drive to parks, but I do plan to walk down to the main for coffee and to toast a bagel each morning (probably alone, no dragging kiddos).

The furthest room in the LM section is about .3 miles (less than 1/3) to the food court and a little further to the bus stops. The closest rooms are about .15 miles. My son and his wife were in a room at the end of building 7 closest to the main buildings and felt that was a great location. You can request "close to transportation" in hopes of getting a room at that end of the LM section. You can also use the Touring Plan room request fax service to request a specific room that's in a location that appeals to you. There's no guarantee with that, but a lot of people have been very happy with their room locations after using that service. For us, we use the refillable mugs several times a day and often use the buses several times a day, so it's really important for us to be close to those things. If we didn't use the mugs and only used the buses once a day, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the LM section.

We got used to the walk from the LM room and it didn't bother us. I'd caution that other than food you'll have to make the walk to/from busses and I also had to do it multiple times for one cycle of laundry so I didn't have to sit and wait at the machines (the biggest inconvenience all week IMO).

What area of the LM section were you in that you felt it was a long walk to the laundry room? I thought the LM laundry room was pretty centrally located -- no worse than walking to the Flippin' Fins pool. There's also a website where you can check on your laundry without having to walk to the laundry room.

Last edited:
There is a laundry at all 3 Pools.

Did you go all the way to The Big Blue Laundry-BUMMER!:)

There is a laundry at all 3 Pools.

Did you go all the way to The Big Blue Laundry-BUMMER!:)

The LM laundry was closed the whole week we were there, and it didn't look to be because of any issues with the machines. So I walked to the laundry and put a load in, walked back to switch to dryer, then back to fold and retrieve.

The LM laundry was closed the whole week we were there, and it didn't look to be because of any issues with the machines. So I walked to the laundry and put a load in, walked back to switch to dryer, then back to fold and retrieve.
Wow-that had to be a major HASSLE!:)

They should have provided a Golf Cart to go back and forth!lol:)

Last edited:

Ugh. That would suck. Sorry that happened.

I have come across mentions of the 'insane' or 'ridiculous' long walk from LM to the main building. I know that LM is the farthest away, but how crazy are we talking? I don't shy away from a walk- I walk my kiddo to school about a 1/2 mile every morning- just for reference. I keep seeing it come up, so I'm just wondering realistically how far/long of a walk it is. We will have our own car and plan to drive to parks, but I do plan to walk down to the main for coffee and to toast a bagel each morning (probably alone, no dragging kiddos).

I agree with others. If the walk doesn't bother you and you won't be visiting the main building frequently it might be alright for you.

For my family I'm just not sure I could do it. We get the dining plan, which includes the refillable mugs. We were always there in the morning and evenings. Plus we used Disney transporation so that walk would be really inconvenient for us.

The furthest room in the LM section is about .3 miles (less than 1/3) to the food court and a little further to the bus stops. The closest rooms are about .15 miles. My son and his wife were in a room at the end of building 7 closest to the main buildings and felt that was a great location. You can request "close to transportation" in hopes of getting a room at that end of the LM section. You can also use the Touring Plan room request fax service to request a specific room that's in a location that appeals to you. There's no guarantee with that, but a lot of people have been very happy with their room locations after using that service. For us, we use the refillable mugs several times a day and often use the buses several times a day, so it's really important for us to be close to those things. If we didn't use the mugs and only used the buses once a day, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in the LM section.

What area of the LM section were you in that you felt it was a long walk to the laundry room? I thought the LM laundry room was pretty centrally located -- no worse than walking to the Flippin' Fins pool. There's also a website where you can check on your laundry without having to walk to the laundry room.

Thank you so much for the information! I was imagining much more than .3 miles! I feel so much better about this decision now. We live in a walkable community, so are quite used to walking everywhere we go. Other than morning coffee, i doubt I'll use the mug. Appreciate it!

I've tried to search through the thread, but I'm not finding it so I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered. We are taking a trip to WDW over Memorial Day weekend and will be staying at in the LM section at AoA. Here are my questions:

1. We'll have our own car. Is it better just to avoid waiting for the buses and drive to the parks ourselves? The only time I think it might be more beneficial to ride the bus is going to MK because we wouldn't have to mess with the ferry or the monorail at the TC, but I'm not sure. We've haven't had a car when we've been at WDW previously so I don't normally have to worry about this.
2. If you suggest driving ourselves, how long should I give ourselves to get to each of the parks in the mornings?
3. Any suggestions on room requests? We won't be at the AoA too much during the day except for maybe Sunday so I don't know that we need a room with a view of the lake.

Thanks in advance!

We just got back recently - loved our AoA Cars suite. The cars around the hotel were fun. And it was actually really quiet. Once we got to our building it seemed there were hardly any people around inside. The room size was a perfect fit a a big family. The walk to the food and bus area wasn't bad from Cars either, about 5 minutes.

Thanks! I looked at the April one and it doesn't have times listed :(
Until recently, it was always mentioned in the activities guide..... It's making me wonder. If anyone is there now or going soon, could you verify whether the class is still offered??

Do they still have artist of the day at AOA? My daughter's picture was selected and she received a certificate that is in her room. This was two years ago though and don't know if they still offer it! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter