Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I have stayed in LM and it was less than a five min walk to the main building. I walk fairly briskly, but I still think it's manageable.

I just got back last week from AOA, we stayed in Little Mermaid room. Walking from our room which was building 7, it took about 10 minutes for us. My daughter is 5, and the ten minutes includes her stoping to cartwheel and run through the lion king cave every time. The walk seemed longer with every passing day. It wouldn't deter me from staying in those rooms again though. The room itself was perfect for what we needed. We made do with the lack of dresser drawers. If you're staying in the little mermaid rooms; or any rooms really, make sure you carry with you at all times the refillable mug if you've purchased. After returning from the parks it's easier to stop on our way to the room than have to walk to the room and back.

I just got back last week from AOA, we stayed in Little Mermaid room. Walking from our room which was building 7, it took about 10 minutes for us. My daughter is 5, and the ten minutes includes her stoping to cartwheel and run through the lion king cave every time. The walk seemed longer with every passing day. It wouldn't deter me from staying in those rooms again though. The room itself was perfect for what we needed. We made do with the lack of dresser drawers. If you're staying in the little mermaid rooms; or any rooms really, make sure you carry with you at all times the refillable mug if you've purchased. After returning from the parks it's easier to stop on our way to the room than have to walk to the room and back.

When we had "far-flung" rooms at Pop Century, we used to put our mugs in a locker in the pool-side bathroom. I can't remember how much it cost us but I think it was less than $1. When we'd get back from the park, I'd go retrieve the mugs and we'd refill them before heading to the room. I can't remember for sure if there were lockers in the AoA bathrooms by the pool, but it might be worth a look. It's easier than carrying the mugs around all day.

And collapsible fabric bins have been lifesavers for us when staying in rooms that don't provide enough drawer space.

We are booked in a LM room Feb. 5-9. Does anyone know if there will be any tour groups there that week? Kinda worried about that. I have a certain tour group in mind but won't mention the name due to board rules, but I'm sure you know who I mean.

Does anyone, by any chance, know what kind of coffee is used at the refillable drink stations in the food court at AoA? I remember having the best coffee during my trip two years ago...who knows if they even use the same kind of coffee. :confused3

When we had "far-flung" rooms at Pop Century, we used to put our mugs in a locker in the pool-side bathroom. I can't remember how much it cost us but I think it was less than $1. When we'd get back from the park, I'd go retrieve the mugs and we'd refill them before heading to the room. I can't remember for sure if there were lockers in the AoA bathrooms by the pool, but it might be worth a look. It's easier than carrying the mugs around all day. And collapsible fabric bins have been lifesavers for us when staying in rooms that don't provide enough drawer space.

Good idea about the bins, going to def remember that for next time. I also bought a pop up hamper which I used for dirty clothes, easy to keep dirty clothes and clean clothes separated since most of my clothes were kept in suitcase. I had a stroller so our mugs stayed on my mommy hook while in the parks, I don't think AOA has lockers but def a good idea if they do.

Does anyone, by any chance, know what kind of coffee is used at the refillable drink stations in the food court at AoA? I remember having the best coffee during my trip two years ago...who knows if they even use the same kind of coffee. :confused3

All resorts including AoA are currently using Joffrey's (a Florida brand). That's the coffee that you'll get in the Landscape of Flavors. The change to Joffrey's was done during 2013, so if your trip was in 2012, I think you likely had the previous Nescafe coffee at AoA.

We just got back last week, first stay at AOA. We only stayed 3 nights and then headed off to the Wonder (our first cruise as well so lots of first). We were in the Nemo section, building 5, 4th floor. It was nice....some small maintenance issues but the resort is a couple years old so that's to be expected I guess.

We booked bounceback at AOA as well for 2015 because we aren't guaranteed connecting at POP anymore (oldest daughter 18). We requested Lion King for 2015.

Few questions:
1)Do any of the family suites have the fold out chair anymore?
2)Do all the sections have a pool and laundry or only Nemo?
3)Does anyone decorate their windows at this resort? We didn't see any, but then we didn't really have time to walk the whole grounds since it was a shorter trip.
4)I didn't notice any ice machines on our floor but again we didn't really have time to mull around (we maximized our park days LOL). Does this resort have ice machines?

Few questions: 1)Do any of the family suites have the fold out chair anymore? 2)Do all the sections have a pool and laundry or only Nemo? 3)Does anyone decorate their windows at this resort? We didn't see any, but then we didn't really have time to walk the whole grounds since it was a shorter trip. 4)I didn't notice any ice machines on our floor but again we didn't really have time to mull around (we maximized our park days LOL). Does this resort have ice machines?

I can answer most if these, I think:
1) Ok, so not this one LOL! I've only stayed Cars and LK, but neither had a fold-out chair--just a fold-out couch and a fold-up table ;)

2) All sections have pool and laundry except LK. It has neither, but it would be a relatively short walk to any of the others. If you think you'll do laundry, bring one of those lightweight shopping things on wheels--that would be perfect.

3) in two trips I haven't seen any windows decorated, but I wasn't necessarily looking. But I have taken lots of pics, so I think I would've noticed. But those were of the "inner" sides, not the parking lot facing sides, so really I only saw half the rooms. I say if you want to do it, do it :)

4) Yes, ice and vending in all. Not sure if it's all floors, but it was there on both of ours (3rd in Cars and 4th in LK). Near the elevators.

Hope this helps!!!

Coming in 2 days and some last minute questions:

1. Usually in hotels our kids share a double bed. In the (Cars) suites, do they each get their own bed, or one double?
  2. Silly question, but logistics related...is there a hairdryer? And if so, is it attached to the washroom? (Asking since deciding whether to bring my own since can't dry hair if another is in the shower)
  3. I think I remember reading that there aren't many power plugs. Do you recommend brining our own extension?

Many thanks.

Coming in 2 days and some last minute questions: [*]Usually in hotels our kids share a double bed. In the (Cars) suites, do they each get their own bed, or one double? [*]Silly question, but logistics related...is there a hairdryer? And if so, is it attached to the washroom? (Asking since deciding whether to bring my own since can't dry hair if another is in the shower) [*]I think I remember reading that there aren't many power plugs. Do you recommend brining our own extension? Many thanks.

1) There are three beds total, so however you want to split that up.

2) Not sure, but I'd bet the answer is yes.

3) Yes, and be sure to bring an adaptor for outlets that may not have a ground (three-prong).

Coming in 2 days and some last minute questions: [*]Usually in hotels our kids share a double bed. In the (Cars) suites, do they each get their own bed, or one double? [*]Silly question, but logistics related...is there a hairdryer? And if so, is it attached to the washroom? (Asking since deciding whether to bring my own since can't dry hair if another is in the shower) [*]I think I remember reading that there aren't many power plugs. Do you recommend brining our own extension? Many thanks.
2. Hair drier is attached to master bathroom. Can't remember if there was one in the other bathroom.
3. DW and I actually both commended on how many outlets there were but placement was a bit of an issue. We always take 2 power strips. We were glad we did at AoA as well.

Our hair dryer wasn't attached (Nemo Suites)....it was in a bag that said HAIR DRYER and you could plug it up wherever and use it.

The beds are a fold out full size couch, and a fold down full size table/bed. The master bedroom has a queen size. We fit 2 boys on the couch bed and our 2 girls took the table.

Our hair dryer wasn't attached (Nemo Suites)....it was in a bag that said HAIR DRYER and you could plug it up wherever and use it. The beds are a fold out full size couch, and a fold down full size table/bed. The master bedroom has a queen size. We fit 2 boys on the couch bed and our 2 girls took the table.
Huh, interesting. We were in Lion King sand it was attached.

Thanks for all the feedback. Silly that there are outlets but yet not smartly placed. And think I'll bring an extra hairdryer then.

Huh, interesting. We were in Lion King sand it was attached.

I believe (from reading other message boards/threads) that they are changing out all hairdryers in all resorts to be the type that are in a bag and can be used anywhere.

I am planning on booking my first time stay at AOfA for 2015. I want the normal room everyone wants. One close to food court and bus stops and with good views of the pool. What building,floor, side should I request?
Thanks!

I am planning on booking my first time stay at AOfA for 2015. I want the normal room everyone wants. One close to food court and bus stops and with good views of the pool. What building,floor, side should I request? Thanks!

If you're staying in the Little Mermaid area (the only area with standard rooms), they're all going to be rather far from the food court and bus stops. As far as view goes, I believe your best bet is to select a pool view room when booking.

I read somewhere that if you are staying in the LM rooms its not a bad idea to drive your car to the bus stop and park in a spot closer then take the bus. That way at the end of the day your car is right there and you aviod a long walk...

is this really a good idea?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter