Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I don't think I ever took a pic of the cushion off the couch. (In the Cars rooms anyway, it was one long cushion.). Picture a giant changing table pad--sort of like a very shallow bathtub. If your 2-YO is anything like my kids, she'll sleep like she's comatose at Disney--nice and worn out every single night LOL. There's plenty of room to put it in the bedroom with you guys if she does start getting up.

I don't think I ever took a pic of the cushion off the couch. (In the Cars rooms anyway, it was one long cushion.). Picture a giant changing table pad--sort of like a very shallow bathtub. If your 2-YO is anything like my kids, she'll sleep like she's comatose at Disney--nice and worn out every single night LOL. There's plenty of room to put it in the bedroom with you guys if she does start getting up.

Very helpful. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Just got back yesterday from a week at Pop Century! Took some time to wander over the bridge and explore AoA, and have some gelato at Landscape of Flavors! Yum! :goodvibes

I will be staying there myself in early December 2015. Looking forward to chatting with and learning from all of you over the next 14 months! :grouphug:

Hi,

Coming in 2.5 weeks, staying in a Cars suite and soooo excited.

One question...we'll be having a resort day and so if the weather is ok, plan on using the pool. Does the resort provide towels for the pool or do we need to pack our own? Four of those will fill up lots of room in the suitcase so am hoping they provide.

Hi,

Coming in 2.5 weeks, staying in a Cars suite and soooo excited.

One question...we'll be having a resort day and so if the weather is ok, plan on using the pool. Does the resort provide towels for the pool or do we need to pack our own? Four of those will fill up lots of room in the suitcase so am hoping they provide.

There are towels in your room, but none by the pool - so bring the towels from your room (but you don't need to bring them from home).

There are towels in your room, but none by the pool - so bring the towels from your room (but you don't need to bring them from home).

Great, thank you. That's what I was hoping. Think we'll have a suitcase problem as it is as I am not a light packer. ;)

Just checked out this morning after 4 nights in Cars. We've moved to the Royal Pacific at Universal -

My thoughts on AOA- I liked it much better than I expected! The suites are very nice and lots of room. I found the queen bed to be very comfortable- didnt seem hard to me at all! I have no complaints about the room other than housekeeping wasnt as good as I've come to expect . Basically , if we didn't throw it in the trash it didn't get picked up. An empty cup or wrapper left on a table stayed there.

The food court was excellent and not near as crazy as POP. I can't imagine not being able to find something for everyone there- was especially fond of the make your own pasta.

I was shocked at just how good the bus service was- never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to the parks, usually much less. Longest wait leaving the parks was at the MK, last night after closing. There had to be hundreds at bus stop/ with lines wrapped out into the walkway. It was the longest line I'd ever seen at a bus stop, but even then it only took half and hour to be on a bus.

Overall, we're happy with the resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Just checked out this morning after 4 nights in Cars. We've moved to the Royal Pacific at Universal -

My thoughts on AOA- I liked it much better than I expected! The suites are very nice and lots of room. I found the queen bed to be very comfortable- didnt seem hard to me at all! I have no complaints about the room other than housekeeping wasnt as good as I've come to expect . Basically , if we didn't throw it in the trash it didn't get picked up. An empty cup or wrapper left on a table stayed there.

The food court was excellent and not near as crazy as POP. I can't imagine not being able to find something for everyone there- was especially fond of the make your own pasta.

I was shocked at just how good the bus service was- never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to the parks, usually much less. Longest wait leaving the parks was at the MK, last night after closing. There had to be hundreds at bus stop/ with lines wrapped out into the walkway. It was the longest line I'd ever seen at a bus stop, but even then it only took half and hour to be on a bus.

Overall, we're happy with the resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Awesome to hear! Glad you had such a good experience at AoA. Soooo excited for our upcoming trip. Good to hear too that the bus service is good (despite it being busy at MK closing, but that's to be expected). We are renting a car and so will probably take our own car, but good to know its an option.

Did you like the Cars theming? How far is it to the main hall?

Awesome to hear! Glad you had such a good experience at AoA. Soooo excited for our upcoming trip. Good to hear too that the bus service is good (despite it being busy at MK closing, but that's to be expected). We are renting a car and so will probably take our own car, but good to know its an option. Did you like the Cars theming? How far is it to the main hall?

We stayed n the Cars section building 3 ( casa de la tires) and were really happy with it. I think building 1 ( mater) is a bit closer to Animation Hall, but just slightly. The Mater building is definitely closer to the parking lot if you have your own car. We would cut thru that building to get to our car faster. The walk to animation hall and the big blue pool isn't bad at all, maybe 3-5 min depending on how fast you walk. We found having a car was fantastic and will probably never do Disney without one. We took the bus to DTD one evening and waiting for the bus ( which was packed to the gills) was not so fun compared to jumping in your car and going. Have a great trip, AoA is fantastic

The MK closing-time bus line sounds pretty common to me, AoA or otherwise.

Just thinking about taking POP buses when at AoA (or vice versa) and was wondering if anyone can tell me the capacity of AoA vs POP. I know they're the same "size", but I'm sure the suites make AoA different from POP.

Just thinking about taking POP buses when at AoA (or vice versa) and was wondering if anyone can tell me the capacity of AoA vs POP. I know they're the same "size", but I'm sure the suites make AoA different from POP.

Not sure about capacity, but my bus experiences at both Pop and AofA have been excellent! :thumbsup2

I've stayed at both resorts and I often hop on whichever bus arrives at the park first.

The MK closing-time bus line sounds pretty common to me, AoA or otherwise.
Only AOA and POP had terribly long lines that night. We had sat after the fireworks for a long time to let the crowds die down and were some of the last to get to the busses. None of the deluxe resorts had any kind of line and CBR was the only moderate with a bit of a line.

We've never stayed at a value before Pop last month- the large lines there were quite a shock. We never ever experienced those kind of lines with our other stays which are always either deluxes or villas.

The amazing thing is, even tho the lines are very long- they clear them out fast. Hands down, AOA bus service was the quickest we've ever had.

I'd never use my own car to use. We find the busses quick and easy transportation. While it took 30 minutes that one night- we would've still been waiting to get to our car by the time we were on the bus.Those lines were unbelievably long.

Awesome to hear! Glad you had such a good experience at AoA. Soooo excited for our upcoming trip. Good to hear too that the bus service is good (despite it being busy at MK closing, but that's to be expected). We are renting a car and so will probably take our own car, but good to know its an option.

Did you like the Cars theming? How far is it to the main hall?

We chose cars for my grandson- he loved it. I thought it was very well done- really cute! We were in building 2- about as close to the main hall as you can get- I would guess it took well under 5 minutes, IF you can get the kids away from all the Cars!! Lol

We're headed down in a couple weeks for DS3's first trip to Disney. We were originally booked in a Cars suite but to take advantage of a free dining pin, we had to modify the reservation to a "family suite". We've requested a Cars suite. Any thoughts on how likely it is that this request will be granted?

Thanks!

We're headed down in a couple weeks for DS3's first trip to Disney. We were originally booked in a Cars suite but to take advantage of a free dining pin, we had to modify the reservation to a "family suite". We've requested a Cars suite. Any thoughts on how likely it is that this request will be granted? Thanks!

We got everything we requested, but we also told them at check in that we were willing to wait as long as we had to in order to get those requests.

I think if they can grant your requests, they will. My suggestion is to check in as early as possible and tell them your requests are more important than getting a room quickly.
It was after 3:30 when our room was ready, but it was exactly what we wanted.

If you don't get cars- I wouldn't just accept it- tell
them you aren't happy with the assignment and is there anything they can do- someone has to be in that section- might as well be you!

Being pleasant and asking nicely will work much better than having a fit- if they can do it they will.

Good luck!

Stayed at AoA in a Nemo family suite and REALLY liked it, did think the POP buses were often less crowded and found myself looking forward to the walk from POP to AoA! With 4 kids, avoiding the gift shop, arcade and pool at AoA was key to getting everyone to the room for some downtime. POP walkway allowed us to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter