Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've stated before twice now I've been bumped from a paid for room category to a less desirable one. QUOTE]

As I have never had a problem getting my request granted, I am curious about a few things with regard to your experience.

1. What time did you arrive?
2. What time of year was it?
3. Did you receive any form of compensation for your iinconvenience? (I am assuming you were refunded the price difference.)

Twice I have had to wait for 15 mins or so at the check-in counter while they rearranged things to meet my request (often, they have "no record" of it at the check-in, even though it is on the receipt statement). I always arrive prior to 1pm. When they "rearranged" things for me, someone else checking in later was most likely bumped. I have no medical considerations, but I am very patient and pleasant with the CM's and it has always worked.
I am sure there are circumstances where even a handful of pixie dust can't make the ideal room appear, but I have read many more accounts of people receiving magical upgrades, than downgrades. It is a shame it happened to you twice.

Does anyone know if there is any issues with verizon cell phone service at the resort? I've seen a few reviews saying no cell service in the rooms but not sure if it is just ATT.

Wheee! Booked a LM room for October 13-16 this year :) Cannot wait to check out this new resort. It is all a suprise for my DDs, too! :lovestruc

Really excited for pics to roll out of the LM section...

Sorry if this has been talk about way back!

My ME tags say Art of Animation with the letters AK - which I understand stands for the section of the world the resort is in. BUT AoA doesn't appear to be near Animal Kingdom at all! Hoping it doesn't slow down our luggage delivery!

Don't worry, it is just the way they section off the resorts. :thumbsup2
Your luggage does take several hours to "magically" appear in your room. Depending on your arrival time, you may want to pick your luggage off the carousel yourself OR pack swimwear/jammies/comfy shoes whatever you may need for the first 4-5 hours in your carry-on.

BTW, what do the luggage tags look like this year?

I'm very excited about my family's first trip to Disney in mid January. I have been there once before, but my wife and son have not. I can't wait to see his reaction to everything. With the release of FD for the rest ot the year today, I am wondering when or if it will be offered in Jan 2013.

I'm very excited about my family's first trip to Disney in mid January. I have been there once before, but my wife and son have not. I can't wait to see his reaction to everything. With the release of FD for the rest ot the year today, I am wondering when or if it will be offered in Jan 2013.

That will be a very exciting trip! I hope you all have a great time :goodvibes

Got free dining for our trip switched from 2 LM rooms to lion king suite!!!! Saved some $$$ and now I know we'll all be together Hakuna Matata:banana:

Does anyone know if there is any issues with verizon cell phone service at the resort? I've seen a few reviews saying no cell service in the rooms but not sure if it is just ATT.

I did not have any issues with Verizon and no service .princess:

Got free dining for our trip switched from 2 LM rooms to lion king suite!!!! Saved some $$$ and now I know we'll all be together Hakuna Matata:banana:

How much did you save?

We changed from two LM rooms to a Cars suite and only saved about $36. Then again, we previously had DH and DS on a separate room leaving the day before, this is one extra night, so I guess it evens out.

Even telling you over the phone, and having it printed on your reservation, does not mean they are really guaranteed. They do pre-assign rooms a few days out. However, your room is not your room until they hand you the keys. The person you talk to on the phone has nothing to do with your room assignment.

Go to Disney's web-site. It states right on it that connecting rooms are a request only, and no room location is guaranteed.

As I've stated before twice now I've been bumped from a paid for room category to a less desirable one. And one time I had even done on-line check in! Maybe the odds of not getting what you want are small, but they are still there. I would hate for any of you who are stating you have to have connecting rooms to show up, only to be told there were none available. I can tell you, not getting what you think you had booked is extremely frustrating.

And, in my experience, they will not upgrade you to fix the problem. The last time I didn't get the preferred room I had paid for I was told that all they could offer me was a standard room. And yes, I did speak to the manager on duty. So don't depend on being bumped up to a family suite. At most they will offer to move you to another value resort that has connecting rooms IF one has them available.

Disney guarantees nothing. Please don't go on your trip with blinders on, thinking they do. The only way to be sure you are all in one space is to book a suite or villa that you fit into. Otherwise there is a small chance you won't get connecting rooms.

Now, if I paid for a certain category and didn't get it, I would be madder than fire and would be talking all the way up the chain, until I was satisfied.

Only medical requests are guaranteed, not other requests.

Does Anyone know why we can't book nemo suites anymore? Tried to look online to compare prices and can book lion king cars or themed
Is it because it is very popular?

newbie2013 said:
Does Anyone know why we can't book nemo suites anymore? Tried to look online to compare prices and can book lion king cars or themed
Is it because it is very popular?

Likely it's sold out for your dates

My ME tags say Art of Animation with the letters AK - which I understand stands for the section of the world the resort is in. BUT AoA doesn't appear to be near Animal Kingdom at all! Hoping it doesn't slow down our luggage delivery!

Marblies answered above, but I wanted to add that the DME tags for Pop Century are also labeled with AK. It means something to the luggage delivery service even if AK isn't actually the closest park to Pop or AoA.

How much did you save?

We changed from two LM rooms to a Cars suite and only saved about $36. Then again, we previously had DH and DS on a separate room leaving the day before, this is one extra night, so I guess it evens out.

we save $214.00 and kept our deluxe dining so it wasn't techinally free dining but discounted dining!!! Hey any savings is good savings you should be proud of the $36.00 and an extra night, good job!:thumbsup2

Your luggage does take several hours to "magically" appear in your room. Depending on your arrival time, you may want to pick your luggage off the carousel yourself OR pack swimwear/jammies/comfy shoes whatever you may need for the first 4-5 hours in your carry-on.

BTW, what do the luggage tags look like this year
?
Here you go! BTW, I'm going in 7 DAYS!I'm already too excited to sleep! :mickeyjum
april2012121.jpg

Just thought I'd post this email I got from Disney today. I emailed them a few days ago to ask specifically about the AoA LM rooms being connecting. I got a reply today.

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

You may be interested to know, the Little Mermaid rooms at Disney's Art
of Animation Resort do have adjoining and connecting rooms, however
connecting rooms are not guaranteed.

The resort handles room assignments on the arrival date according to
actual departures and confirmed arrivals. The rooms are assigned
according to the room categories that are available and as far as
possible are matched to the requests that have been noted on
reservations. Please understand that we cannot promise a specific room
or a specific request.

Jennifer, we wish you a magical day!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Darci Cullin
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit."

I also emailed WDW and wanted to share the response I received since it is slightly different than the one you received.

Dear Candy,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

While we truly appreciate your interest, some of the rooms in the Little
Mermaid Standard Rooms of Disney's Art of Animation Resort offer
connecting rooms, not all rooms have this option.

We can certainly appreciate your desire to confirm connecting rooms for
your party. Such guarantees are made only for families with small
children, who must be in a connecting room due to their party’s size.
Since all rooms cannot connect, these parties must be accommodated
first, for safety concerns, security, and the well being of the small
children in the party.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

We look forward to entertaining you soon!

Sincerely,

Millie Grant
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice.

I reserved two rooms online and requested connecting rooms but there is nothing on my reservation showing it so I am going to call.

Woo Hoo!!:banana::banana:

Here you go! BTW, I'm going in 7 DAYS!I'm already too excited to sleep! :mickeyjum

:cool1: Those tags are so cute! I just love all the little extras. :cloud9: It's like getting bags of cookies on the plane - I would never eat them at home, but getting them in that little pouch with a cup of ginger ale is kind of special. Okay,I'm a sap. Wish I was leaving now. Have an awesome time and report back please!!!

BTW, what do the luggage tags look like this year?

Yes, it took 4 hours or so last year - just hoping it isn't even longer this year! We arrive late afternoon and had kids i the tub getting ready for bed when it showed up! (at CBR). We always pack swim suits, jammies and a change of clothes to carry on. :thumbsup2

We actually haven't recieved our luggage tags yet but see them posted above - love them!

Marblies answered above, but I wanted to add that the DME tags for Pop Century are also labeled with AK. It means something to the luggage delivery service even if AK isn't actually the closest park to Pop or AoA.

I was hoping someone could tell me that. For some reason it eases my mind that they already schlep bags nearby sot he system prob doesn't have too many kinks :goodvibes:

Do to some work issues we had to move our vaca from Nov to Aug which means we had no choice but to upgrade to a Lion King suite ;) We are going to be spoiled by all the space this trip - it's going to be hard going back to our standard value/mod rooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter