Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Do the preferred rooms have queen size beds or only full size beds just like the standard rooms?
Preferred rooms as I understand it are the exact same as the Standard rooms. What makes them "preferred" is their proximity to the food court/bus stop (to an extent pools as well).

We booked regular rooms last year and requested ground floor toy story (we did not know toy story was preferred) and we were given toy story! We were delighted, as the 3 kids we traveled with LOVE Toy Story!

We booked regular rooms last year and requested ground floor toy story (we did not know toy story was preferred) and we were given toy story! We were delighted, as the 3 kids we traveled with LOVE Toy Story!
Everybody loves a little pixie dust

Has anyone ever stayed here for halloween? We will be and I saw they do trick or treating at the pool. How does this work and would a 2 and 6 yr old enjoy it? (We are not doing the party)

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that we stayed there for 10 days and just returned last week. This was our first time at this resort but have stayed at POFQ, CBR and POP ( many times)- This was the best mousekeeping that we have ever experienced in approximately our 10 visits to WDW. When we requested things, they were brought to our room very quickly- never did we have to call a 2nd time because things fell through the cracks. They even remembered to leave us extra towels every day without us having to ask. The only issue that I had was on the way and bellhop not coming to get my bags..... I had to call 7 times and they were an hour late.... needless to say, I missed Magical Express but was given a cab voucher to the airport. Still made it with plenty of time but lots of undo stress and not the way that I wanted to end my trip. Bounce back offer was free dining and we got a great deal for Dec 2017 but this time we are trying Coronado. My DD is now 21 and the two sinks and larger space is very enticing.

Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that we stayed there for 10 days and just returned last week. This was our first time at this resort but have stayed at POFQ, CBR and POP ( many times)- This was the best mousekeeping that we have ever experienced in approximately our 10 visits to WDW. When we requested things, they were brought to our room very quickly- never did we have to call a 2nd time because things fell through the cracks. They even remembered to leave us extra towels every day without us having to ask. The only issue that I had was on the way and bellhop not coming to get my bags..... I had to call 7 times and they were an hour late.... needless to say, I missed Magical Express but was given a cab voucher to the airport. Still made it with plenty of time but lots of undo stress and not the way that I wanted to end my trip. Bounce back offer was free dining and we got a great deal for Dec 2017 but this time we are trying Coronado. My DD is now 21 and the two sinks and larger space is very enticing.
Thanks for this post as we're planning a stay here in June vs a prior stay at POR which we loved. Was worried that we might be making a mistake but traveling with a larger group this time and some would prefer to spend their money on other things. Not looking forward to the double beds vs queen though! Your post makes me feel a little better!

Yay, we will be there in less than a week, coming all the way across the world from New Zealand!
Just a quick question, is there a kettle in the rooms as wee have a small baby who is still on formula? We just need to be able to make up bottles and warm up his food.
Thanks a ton!

Yay, we will be there in less than a week, coming all the way across the world from New Zealand!
Just a quick question, is there a kettle in the rooms as wee have a small baby who is still on formula? We just need to be able to make up bottles and warm up his food.
Thanks a ton!
Unfortunately no.:)

We just came back from a 7 night stay at Movies! We loved it, got both the requests I made 3rd floor and 101 building! It was very quiet we didn't hear any neighbors or toilets flushing. CM's were super helpful and friendly! We would defiantly return here :)

Planning a trip in December and wanted to put Christmas lights in the windows. However, I don't remember if there was an outlet right by the window. I know there is one by the table but don't remember any other outlet by the window. How do people decorate their windows when staying here for the holidays?

Planning a trip in December and wanted to put Christmas lights in the windows. However, I don't remember if there was an outlet right by the window. I know there is one by the table but don't remember any other outlet by the window. How do people decorate their windows when staying here for the holidays?

I know there is an out let next to the door between the door and the bed. I can't remember if there is an outlet between the table and the window.

When we went during MNSSHP I saw a lot of people use window clings to decorate, which is what I will do when we go back next time in December.

My first stay at movies about a decade ago was one of my most disappointing stays ever. It was just before a refurb and the room had a missing drawer and one that hung crooked, stains on the carpet kind of bad. Well we just gave it another chance in October and things were completely opposite. Our trip started out bumpy...we got out of the car and mygranddaughter didn't make it to the sidewalk and was vomiting (food poisoning from a McDonald's we'd hit about 2 hrs earlier). A housekeeper drove up and gave us a towel and a bottle of water out of his own lunch box (we knew this since it wasn't dasani that disney sells). We were sooooo grateful with this small act of kindness. We said we were good from there and he drove on but you know food poisoning...a few steps later (literally just at the sidewalk from the parking lot...not even at the room yet) and round two. A cm who must have been some form of manager given his clothes asked us if we needed anything. I told him about the housekeeper and how grateful we were. He asked if we needed a doctor etc...we said no. He asked if he could help us with our luggage to get us to our room which I appreciated because my granddaughter was pulling her own bag and was looking pretty green at this point. He helped us to the room and said they'd check back in or we could call if we needed anything. We were soooo appreciative for their help and thought it ended there. We had tickets to MNSSHP that night and managed to go for a while as she was feeling better once her system was empty. We got back to the room we found this waiting for us...

14657485_1268990566479712_20240943447571001_n.jpg

And the next night to find this waiting for us...

14702305_1269981056380663_3017863363100791404_n.jpg

My granddaughter was so touched she left all her trick or treat candy from the halloween party with a note thanking and asking the cm's to enjoy it and how nice she thought they were and that yes she was feeling better. She still says it's one of the most magical moments she's ever had and just wanted to pass that along. It was a fantastic stay and where she's insisting we stay for our next trip.

My first stay at movies about a decade ago was one of my most disappointing stays ever. It was just before a refurb and the room had a missing drawer and one that hung crooked, stains on the carpet kind of bad. Well we just gave it another chance in October and things were completely opposite. Our trip started out bumpy...we got out of the car and mygranddaughter didn't make it to the sidewalk and was vomiting (food poisoning from a McDonald's we'd hit about 2 hrs earlier). A housekeeper drove up and gave us a towel and a bottle of water out of his own lunch box (we knew this since it wasn't dasani that disney sells). We were sooooo grateful with this small act of kindness. We said we were good from there and he drove on but you know food poisoning...a few steps later (literally just at the sidewalk from the parking lot...not even at the room yet) and round two. A cm who must have been some form of manager given his clothes asked us if we needed anything. I told him about the housekeeper and how grateful we were. He asked if we needed a doctor etc...we said no. He asked if he could help us with our luggage to get us to our room which I appreciated because my granddaughter was pulling her own bag and was looking pretty green at this point. He helped us to the room and said they'd check back in or we could call if we needed anything. We were soooo appreciative for their help and thought it ended there. We had tickets to MNSSHP that night and managed to go for a while as she was feeling better once her system was empty. We got back to the room we found this waiting for us...

My granddaughter was so touched she left all her trick or treat candy from the halloween party with a note thanking and asking the cm's to enjoy it and how nice she thought they were and that yes she was feeling better. She still says it's one of the most magical moments she's ever had and just wanted to pass that along. It was a fantastic stay and where she's insisting we stay for our next trip.

This restores some of my faith in this resort and makes our "issues" during our current stay seem less annoying. Upon arriving yesterday, we learned they upgraded one of our 3 rooms (already noted we were travelling together) to the dalmatians section, but left the other 2 in love bug rooms. Note that we all paid for standard,not preferred rooms. So...we had to wait for a room near the other 2 to be cleaned, and even though they said they'd send a text, we never got one. After returning to the resort last night, we had to stop at the front desk to get our room#. Guess what? Our MagicBands didn't open the room! At that point, I was not walking back to the desk, and opted to call; after 20 minutes and 4 transfers, they were able to fix one of 2 magic bands. We had to go back to the desk tonight to reset the other one. Tonight's adventure? We turned on the tv, but couldn't change the channel, adjust the volume, or turn it off either with the remote or manually. I went to the room phone to call housekeeping, and the phone didn't work! after a few choice words, I learned the phone cord was missing the clip that latches it into the phone. I held it into the phone enough to get through to the front desk and got someone to the room to fix it. At this rate,I'm a bit apprehensive about what tomorrow may bring us at our resort...

Last edited:

That made me tear up! What a wonderful magical gift! :love:

~Cari~ pluto:

It is actions such as this that remind me of why i choose Disney!! Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter