• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Yes. We've had 2 king rooms that weren't handicap accessible.
The in-laws really would like king beds for all star movies..I had previously heard they were only for the handicap accessible. Do you mind sharing how you were able to get king beds in case it's possible to get it for them too?

is the Disney all star music resort open 24/7 as i had parcel delivery but staying business closed

View attachment 188944

The post office sometimes just puts a random scan when they don't get a package delivered at expected time. At my house, the carriers favorite scan is "undeliverable due to incorrect or incomplete address". And it always shows up the next day, and of course, the address is perfectly fine.

It's been awhile since I've stayed at an All Star Resort. Do they still share buses? I'm staying at All Star Movies, are they first or last on the drop-off/pick-up order? Thanks in advance!

The buses may be shared during less busy times of day, like in the middle of the afternoon. During peak busy times the buses will (or should) be dedicated. If a bus is shared then Movies will be the last stop for both pickup and dropoff.

Thanks for the question and answer! I had to switch to All-Star Movies last week and have been worried about the bus situation.

Hello! Can anyone make a recommendation for a room, best suited for 2 adults? I have never stayed at All Star Movies before but typically, we like to stay in rooms away from noise, pools etc...

Thanks so much!

We check into ASMo in 27 days and I can't wait. I've read through all the posts in 2026 and it is super helpful, especially the food court photos. We booked a standard room at booking last year and checked in online as soon as was possible. We're a group of 11 split into 3 reservations and I guess we didn't realize (I'm a newbie and my MIL who is planning a lot hasn't been in quite some time) that when we requested Toy story and ground floor (mother in law is renting motorized scooter due to a neurological defect affecting her balance) that the toy story area was ONLY preferred. Do people ever get those requests granted anyways? Will be be charged extra if they do?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd just like to note as much as I can for the rest of the family.

What is the internet situation? In the very first post it mentions 9.95/24 hours of use for wired internet. Is that still in place? Is there no wifi? That's a hard limit for my husband so I need to know if I need to budget for that. And if the info in the first post is still relevant, is that 24 hours of consecutive use, or only when the computer is connected via cable (ie 24 hours could be used in a 7 day trip and still only cost us 9.95).

Are the buses to and from the parks accessible by motorized scooter? I imagine they have a wheel chair lift but does that come on all of them and is it allowable for motorized vehicles?

Our trip is prepaid and when we checked in it asked us for a credit card. I understand why, obviously. I'd like to inform the front desk that I do not want any of our magic bands to be able to charge items to our bill. Does a hold get placed on the cc despite these things? I've asked several times and the general consensus is no they do not, but I would love confirmation from someone who has stayed there recently and prepaid. This is probably the most important of my questions because it affects ours trip budget. If there will be a hold placed I would like to know how much ahead of time, so I know whether I need to pay the card off completely and still have access to the rest of the limit.

We check out of the hotel on Sept 30th, I believe 11 am? Does our dining plan include breakfast that morning?

Thank you so much in advance for any who take the time to read and help out with what you can :)

We check into ASMo in 27 days and I can't wait. I've read through all the posts in 2026 and it is super helpful, especially the food court photos. We booked a standard room at booking last year and checked in online as soon as was possible. We're a group of 11 split into 3 reservations and I guess we didn't realize (I'm a newbie and my MIL who is planning a lot hasn't been in quite some time) that when we requested Toy story and ground floor (mother in law is renting motorized scooter due to a neurological defect affecting her balance) that the toy story area was ONLY preferred. Do people ever get those requests granted anyways? Will be be charged extra if they do?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd just like to note as much as I can for the rest of the family.

What is the internet situation? In the very first post it mentions 9.95/24 hours of use for wired internet. Is that still in place? Is there no wifi? That's a hard limit for my husband so I need to know if I need to budget for that. And if the info in the first post is still relevant, is that 24 hours of consecutive use, or only when the computer is connected via cable (ie 24 hours could be used in a 7 day trip and still only cost us 9.95).

Are the buses to and from the parks accessible by motorized scooter? I imagine they have a wheel chair lift but does that come on all of them and is it allowable for motorized vehicles?

Our trip is prepaid and when we checked in it asked us for a credit card. I understand why, obviously. I'd like to inform the front desk that I do not want any of our magic bands to be able to charge items to our bill. Does a hold get placed on the cc despite these things? I've asked several times and the general consensus is no they do not, but I would love confirmation from someone who has stayed there recently and prepaid. This is probably the most important of my questions because it affects ours trip budget. If there will be a hold placed I would like to know how much ahead of time, so I know whether I need to pay the card off completely and still have access to the rest of the limit.

We check out of the hotel on Sept 30th, I believe 11 am? Does our dining plan include breakfast that morning?

Thank you so much in advance for any who take the time to read and help out with what you can :)

I think I can help with a few of your questions...
1. Over 5 years ago, I was given a TS room when I only booked a standard room, without paying extra. However, that may have been pure luck that we actually got it.

2. Most, if not all, Disney buses can accommodate a scooter. Just watch for the specially marked spots at your resort and the parks' bus lines. This will allow your MIL (and your party) to board first.

3. If you don't use a CC linked to your account, you will need to stop by the front desk to check out. If you leave a CC on file, you can ask them to disable the ability to charge with your magicbands.

4. Internet is now free, and is wi-fi.

5. The dining plan is based upon the number of nights you stay. It is good from the day you check-in untiL midnight on the day you check-out. How you choose to use your credits is up to you. You will find the number of credits remaining on each food receipt where you use your magicband.

And although you didn't ask, if you'd like your rooms to be near each other, I suggest calling Disney directly (sooner rather than later) to ensure they note that all 3 reservations are "travelling with" each other. This will not guarantee you are all in adjacent rooms, but at least on the same floor, in the same building and wing as each other.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Yeah... some things could use updating on that first page, especially since it was created 12 years ago. :badpc:

~Cari~ pluto:

3. If you don't use a CC linked to your account, you will need to stop by the front desk to check out. If you leave a CC on file, you can ask them to disable the ability to charge with your magicbands.

It required me to put in a cc when I checked us in online. Is there still a check in process when we get there or would I just go up there and give them my info and ask for magic band charging to be shut off? Can you confirm whether a hold will be placed on the card I was required to register with? Our trip is already paid, and we don't plan on charging anything to the room.

5. The dining plan is based upon the number of nights you stay. It is good from the day you check-in untiL midnight on the day you check-out. How you choose to use your credits is up to you. You will find the number of credits remaining on each food receipt where you use your magicband.

So does that mean we get full food credits for our first day even though check in is at 3? I'm just trying to figure out how to budget our food credits. I know since we won't be in town on Sunday we'll have all those credits to use on other days. I'm assuming then because we check out on the 30th and not staying that night, we don't have a breakfast credit before checkout? I'm just not sure how credits are doled out on checkin/checkout days.

Yeah... some things could use updating on that first page, especially since it was created 12 years ago. :badpc:

No joke. My hubby will be happy to hear about this though!

Hello! Can anyone make a recommendation for a room, best suited for 2 adults? I have never stayed at All Star Movies before but typically, we like to stay in rooms away from noise, pools etc...

Thanks so much!

I would word your request as "king room" and "quiet location".

So does that mean we get full food credits for our first day even though check in is at 3? I'm just trying to figure out how to budget our food credits. I know since we won't be in town on Sunday we'll have all those credits to use on other days. I'm assuming then because we check out on the 30th and not staying that night, we don't have a breakfast credit before checkout? I'm just not sure how credits are doled out on checkin/checkout days.

You will have ALL of your dining credits available from the moment you check in. You don't have to wait until 3 to check in if you arrive earlier than that.You can check in at 7am, for example, and have access to your DDP. You can't use your credits until you check in, but there's not a 3 credit a day limit or anything like that.

~Cari~ pluto:

It sounds like you don't understand the dining plan very well.. I assume you have the plus dining, but all plans work the same. You get credits per night you stay. ...so if you are staying 6 nights you get 6 days worth of credits per person. Those start from check and are good till 11:59 PM on check out day. You can use them at any time during your stay. So if you have the plus dining and are staying 6 nights, you have 6 counter service credits, 6 snack credits and 6 table service credits (plus 1 mug) per person. How you use them during your stay is totally up to you.
Also if you have the plus dining be sure to make dining reservations for you table service meals. It's not easy to walk up to any of them.

I have never paid attention to them putting a hold on my card or not. If they have, it's been gone by the time I have come home.

Wifi is now available pretty much everywhere on Disney property as they want you to use their app. Be sure to download it before going.
Also be sure to make your fastpasses if you haven't already.

It sounds like you don't understand the dining plan very well.. I assume you have the plus dining, but all plans work the same. You get credits per night you stay. ...so if you are staying 6 nights you get 6 days worth of credits per person. Those start from check and are good till 11:59 PM on check out day. You can use them at any time during your stay. So if you have the plus dining and are staying 6 nights, you have 6 counter service credits, 6 snack credits and 6 table service credits (plus 1 mug) per person. How you use them during your stay is totally up to you.
Also if you have the plus dining be sure to make dining reservations for you table service meals. It's not easy to walk up to any of them.

I have never paid attention to them putting a hold on my card or not. If they have, it's been gone by the time I have come home.

Wifi is now available pretty much everywhere on Disney property as they want you to use their app. Be sure to download it before going.
Also be sure to make your fastpasses if you haven't already.

Thank you, yes ADR and FP+ already made. I have a fairly decent idea of how the DDP works, I just was not sure if we got full credit on days where we checked in/out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter