DisneyQuest - all day ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
:umbrella: On a 12 day vacation at WDW at the end of June, beginning of July - one day is bound to be rain all day...

Would anyone go to DisneyQuest when the open at 10:00 AM
and stay till 4 PM ?

Any decent place for a late lunch ?
Can you leave DisneyQuest to eat somewhere else in DTD and then return ?

We are a DH, DW, DS (14 yrs old) and DD (11 yrs old).
It will cost a little more than $100 for DisneyQuest.

If we have a 10 day park-hopper MyWayPass - we will have 2 days to
do something outside of the 4 Parks.

Does the above sounds like a plan for your family too ?
Would you do something different on a rainy day ?

A few years back we did a movie and an early dinner at Rain Forrest Cafe
on an extreamly wet day. :umbrella: But the kids were too young for DisneyQuest back then.

pooh2001 said:
:umbrella: On a 12 day vacation at WDW at the end of June, beginning of July - one day is bound to be rain all day...

Just remember you're not the only one that will think of DQ on a rainy day. ;) You will find it a LOT more crowded in bad weather.

Would anyone go to DisneyQuest when the open at 10:00 AM
and stay till 4 PM ?

Your 11 and 14 yo will have no problem with that, assuming they aren't frustrated by huge crowds.

Any decent place for a late lunch ?
Can you leave DisneyQuest to eat somewhere else in DTD and then return ?

There is a Cheesecake Factory in DQ which serves salads, pizzas and sandwiches. Yes, you can get your hand stamped when you leave and still return later in th day.

We are a DH, DW, DS (14 yrs old) and DD (11 yrs old).
It will cost a little more than $100 for DisneyQuest.

If we have a 10 day park-hopper MyWayPass - we will have 2 days to
do something outside of the 4 Parks.

Have you considered adding the Plus Pack to your MYW pass? For about $35 per adult (if my math is correct) you get FIVE visits to either DQ, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon or Pleasure Island. With your long stay, I would be more inclined to spend a couple of days at TL and BB, then use the other three Plus options for shorter evening visits to DQ.

Does the above sounds like a plan for your family too ?
Would you do something different on a rainy day ?

A few years back we did a movie and an early dinner at Rain Forrest Cafe
on an extreamly wet day. :umbrella: But the kids were too young for DisneyQuest back then.

Like I said, I would be pretty wary of planning an entire rainy day at DQ. DQ has only been a Plus option for about 1.5 months now. Crowds will certainly increase with more families having access to DQ, and rainy days were already tough to enjoy at DQ.

I'd be more inclined to grab a few ponchos and make th best of it at the theme parks when it rains. One of our best vacation days ever was a Sunday night when rain hit Epcot around 4pm. It stormed mercilessly for about 2 hours as we dashed between Innoventions and Spaceship Earth. But once the rain ended, the sun came out again and the park was virtually empty. Watching the Tapestry of Dreams parade that night was priceless as sooooo many of the performers stopped to interact with our young son. You can't beat empty parks--and rain really has a way of clearing things out if you hang in there.

I agree with the rainy day predictions -- there isn't a ton of things to do in DQ, and if it's busy, there will be long lines for all the better attractions. We went on a very quiet day last month, but still had to wait 20 min for magic carpets. the Pirates ride is a do not miss, and we were able to get in before the long line, but in the middle of the day it had a 40 min. wait. and this was a day when all the CMs said it was DEAD. Your kids are the perfect age for DQ and I would definetly go, but I would go in the a.m. at opening on a sunny day! We had a great day there, it was a lot more fun than I expected.

tjkraz is on the money. We went to MK on a day when the downpour made the recordbooks and the park was empty. We got decent poncho's and only my husband got wet at all (refused to wear a poncho). There are plenty of rides that are great in the rain, POTC, Splash Mountain, Philharmagic, Space Mountain.

One the rain stopped, the parks were ours to enjoy. Even my now soaking husband agreed that it was a good plan. As long as the girls weren't complaining we were OK.

We have premium annual passes which includes DQ. Dh and DS have been known to spend the entire day there. I get bored after a couple hours. On rainy days, that place is a mad house and we avoid it like the plague. Also unually cold days are the same way. With that said, yes, there is enough to keep you occupied a whole day. For food, we love the Quest Burgers with cheese on the 5th floor. It is the best burger in all of WDW, and yes, it is actually better than the burgers at Beaches and Cream! You may leave DQ and return as long as you keep your ticket and have a handstamp. The ages of your kids are perfect for DQ. They'll love it!

I can't speak from experience but a CM at Magic Kingdom asked my daughter one day last week if she had been to DQ. Since she was only 7 the last time we were in the world we did not take her but my older daughter did go. Anyways, this CM highly and I mean highly recommended the salads at
DQ. She said the kids can have fun while Mom and Dad eat. Sounded good to me. We will try this during our summer visit.

I knew DQ was busy on rainy days but I had not thought about the effect of the new MYW tickets with DQ as a plus being added. Has anyone been to DQ since Jan 1 on a fairly nice day?

Between my 2 DS's (5 and 7) and Dh, they could easily spend all day (and have several times) at DQ.

Another take on the MYW tickets contributing to crowds is I think it will be the reverse. Remember the LOS passes included unlimited access to DQ and the WP's and now the MYW passes, make you choose how you want to use your limited options that day. I think people will be more measured in their visits to DQ now that they have to choose how to use those plusses.

The only way to have unlimited access to DQ under the new ticketing is either a PAP or DQ AP ($85).

Im not a big video game fan, but I found plenty to do. The food is very good at DQ. It is run by the Cheesecake Factory and the desserts are awesome! THe pizza is really great too and we always get the whole one to share.

There is an internet cafe next to the dessert counter and although they are always occupied, i always sit in the cafe and wait for someone to leave and I normally dont wait more than 30 min. If you go and come back, you will never get a PC.

We ended up at DQ on Christmas Day 2004 because it was too cold and miserable (pouring rain all day) to even attempt the parks. It was crowded, and the food ran low but with 5 floors of fun my boys found plenty to do.

Oh and if you are able, use the stairs! There is one elevator for all 5 levels so you can imagine the wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter