• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disneyland to run Incredicoaster during ‘World of Color’

Unless I’m misreading the article, it looks like this will only occur for a few weeks while Disney conducts “operational tests.” Hopefully the tests are to see if continuing to run these rides during the show is feasible and doesn’t detract from the show.

I am on the fence. On one hand, more ride time, but on another, a passing car of screaming ppl during the quiet emotional moments would kinda ruin the mood. I guess we shall see.

The thing is, closing down this entire section of the park early every night provides a poor value to people who don't care to see WOC and who have paid for a ticket, and there isn't a safety reason for it, unlike the DL fireworks closing Fantasyland, which isn’t even a nightly occurrence. DL makes up for that with longer park hours and reopens those rides after fireworks, but that doesn't happen for Pixar Pier.

The thing is, closing down this entire section of the park early every night provides a poor value to people who don't care to see WOC and who have paid for a ticket, and there isn't a safety reason for it, unlike the DL fireworks closing Fantasyland, which isn’t even a nightly occurrence. DL makes up for that with longer park hours and reopens those rides after fireworks, but that doesn't happen for Pixar Pier.
Very true. I wonder if only closing Incredicoster would work while having the non screaming rides open. 🤔

The screaming is only loud because there isn't music drowning it out all day. Also, the fountains themselves are LOUD. I imagine they work sort of like a white noise machine. When they are on, especially the water screens, you won't hear the coaster noise at all.

Goofy's Sky School has always stayed open and people scream on that too.

The article reads like this may be potentially related to fire effects being turned off during WOC right now. There are also fireworks there for July 4th and New Years Eve so if they do plan to run Incredicoaster during WOC, it'll be interesting to see what happens on July 4th.

The article reads like this may be potentially related to fire effects being turned off during WOC right now. There are also fireworks there for July 4th and New Years Eve so if they do plan to run Incredicoaster during WOC, it'll be interesting to see what happens on July 4th.

Since when are there fireworks at DCA on July 4?

Since when are there fireworks at DCA on July 4?

For like a decade, during the July 4th preshow, they launch a bunch of comets from the water. They're not the large aerial fireworks.

Similar fireworks are used during Fantasmic but I think parts of the Incredicoaster are closer to these fireworks than Big Thunder Mountain is to the ones in Fantasmic.

This is kind of off topic, but my 7 year old finally hit 48” yesterday and rode Incredicoaster for the first time! They were closing in 4 minutes for WOC, and the lovely CM who measured her let us use the LL so we hopped right on instead of having to wait 25 minutes in line.

She loved it and wanted to ride if again, but we couldn’t because of WOC, so I am all for keeping the pier rides open during the show!!!!

For like a decade, during the July 4th preshow, they launch a bunch of comets from the water. They're not the large aerial fireworks.

Similar fireworks are used during Fantasmic but I think parts of the Incredicoaster are closer to these fireworks than Big Thunder Mountain is to the ones in Fantasmic.
They also launch the low level fireworks during the lunar new year pre show tag.

We went tonight (May 15th) and they were running empty trains throughout the show…am guessing part of testing before keeping the rides open.

Incredicoaster is my favorite ride, especially at night, so am hoping this happens. However, I will say I got distracted a bit watching the show when I saw them running the trains - not from any noise, just a backdrop I wasn’t used to seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter