Disneyland Resort will soon add the ability to search dining availability across multiple days in a single search.

I hope it helps with the problem of over-reserving. With the current system, you don't know if you'll get what you really want in the upcoming days of your trip! I often grab a Trader Sam's or Blue Bayou etc if I see it the first day that my dates open because I never know if I'll get one on subsequent days. I know I'm not the only one who has booked more than one reservation for a place that way.

I hope it helps with the problem of over-reserving. With the current system, you don't know if you'll get what you really want in the upcoming days of your trip! I often grab a Trader Sam's or Blue Bayou etc if I see it the first day that my dates open because I never know if I'll get one on subsequent days. I know I'm not the only one who has booked more than one reservation for a place that way.
How would that help over-reserving? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it doesn't say that we will be able to view reservations past the 60 days.

So even if for example, I am going July 10th to 15th. But the 60 days of the available calendar ends on July 13th, I won't be able to make a reservation for the 14th or the 15th since they won't be loaded into the app yet.

What am I missing?

That will be nice for multi day trips.

The hard to get reservations at Disneyland will probably still require a daily check at 6am at 60days. It doesn’t seem like they are allowing reservations beyond the 60 days if you have a package.
I wish we had a better system

Like some disappear within seconds, like even just a bot check would be a big help

How would that help over-reserving? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it doesn't say that we will be able to view reservations past the 60 days.

So even if for example, I am going July 10th to 15th. But the 60 days of the available calendar ends on July 13th, I won't be able to make a reservation for the 14th or the 15th since they won't be loaded into the app yet.

What am I missing?
Ah, yes. I was ambitiously jumping ahead to being able to reserve for your whole trip (every day of your park reservations?) on the first day they open 60 days out.

I've read this thread, and the original post, but I'm still not sure if I understand this.

We still have the same ability to book starting exactly 60 days prior to the desired reservation day, BUT...

we will now have the ability to view reservation ability for multiple days in one swoop (most likely days that fall inside of the 60 day window).

Is that the gist of this? If not, I am sorry. Could someone please explain this to me as though I were a small child?

I think this system will make it easier at WDW where you can book dining for the length of your stay if you are an onsite guest but DL doesn't have that perk so it really doesn't help a lot. The only time I see it coming in handy is if you are not fussed about where you eat but just want to get some places locked in and are booking spots after your 60 days has begun. It is absolutely useless for the popular eateries as these will all go in the first few hours at the 60 day mark so they won't come up as available since they will all be gone as usual.

I've read this thread, and the original post, but I'm still not sure if I understand this.

We still have the same ability to book starting exactly 60 days prior to the desired reservation day, BUT...

we will now have the ability to view reservation ability for multiple days in one swoop (most likely days that fall inside of the 60 day window).

Is that the gist of this? If not, I am sorry. Could someone please explain this to me as though I were a small child?
That sum's it up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter